Add Horde Bots?

• I posted this idea in the Official Server Tech support but I thought it might also be a good idea to post here looking for opinions. I know the horde is a game mode but wouldnt it be great for server admins to be able to spawn horde bots during lets say a TO map for additional depth?

I am hopeful that if we got all the horde bot names that we could spawn them like AddBots command or even the Spawn NPC command. If we could get all the names of the NPC bots then we theoretically be able to spawn any one of them while being a server admin.

Thoughts…. Begin.

• Is this a joke to spite me?

Yes, I agree with this. Mostly because it’s what I’ve been saying since summer.

• @Skindiacus:

Is this a joke to spite me?

Yes, I agree with this. Mostly because it’s what I’ve been saying since summer.

I though you were just wanting better bots. The horde bots are better than the regular bots. I as a server admin would like to be able to throw a few horde bots in on a map for fun. Or if the spawn horde bots worked correctly then you could turn any map into a impromptu horde map.

• Yes, I do want better bots. I believe the first step is having bots on servers.

What exactly do you mean by horde bots? They are no different form regular bots except for health and damage buffs.

There is a flaw in your plan though. Bots don’t leave the spawn in a lot of maps. You could try playing “horde” on a regular map in single player, it doesn’t work unless you have something that pushes the bots out of their spawn.

• @Skindiacus:

I believe the first step is having bots on servers.

Bots have been available on servers since the beginning of time. It is just up to the admin whether to add them or not.

• @gregcau:

Bots have been available on servers since the beginning of time. It is just up to the admin whether to add them or not.

Whether admins want them changed availability, doesn’t it?

• @gregcau:

Adding bots is easy, I want the horde bots, a few skeletons and stuff running around would be a cool addition to a few of the TO maps.

• @Retsnom:

Adding bots is easy, I want the horde bots, a few skeletons and stuff running around would be a cool addition to a few of the TO maps.

Ah, so by horde bots you just meant the models.
    My point still stands though, they’ll just get stuck in the spawn.

• @Retsnom:

Mission impossible. All horde bots are done in kismet. You have to change every single map to support them or maybe someone can create a nice MOD.

• yeah it would make a great mutator or script on the server that could be ran by console command