Game balance for a lot of stuff

• hello i am level 46 Knh player

i have played this game for a long time, atleast 1 year now. als i have 665 hours in the game.
    i think there should be balance in the game for weapons and classes.

i am also dutch and have also dyslxia so my english will not be the best. so if you can’t understand something try to read it again. thank you.

**Class:

Maa –> doge.**
    the doge of maa are broken. if you attack and they doge they have a free hit on you O.o
    so if you would play as an other class and they have the right weapon they will always be able to kill you.

this can be fixed that doge is only a defence macnic: so if they doge they can’t attack for a few msec but they should still be able to block.

you could also say with this that you takes less stamina to doge, maybe we could try it out.

**Weapons:

spears:**
    yea spears, i find them game breakers NOW. spears have to much nockback.
    like why does a stab or overhead need nockback… in real life you would lead it to the side so there is no mass involved to hits you… also slash it could have some nockback BUT NOT AS MUCH AS IT HAS NOW ITS INCREDIBLE :stupid:

zweihander is ok but could be made shorter. lolno it would be done.

Claymore: yea maybe a bit to fast for the reach and dammage.

morning star: stab is the F88k88g fast especially the reposte. it can always flinch maul and other slow weapons. its broken

**MACHANICS:

**stab fients: i have nothing against fients but stab are just broken. you can only read em now when you are far away enough or gamble.
    the time that you are able to fient shoud be reducced for example now: 400ms able to fient in the 450ms windup. this should be more away from each other like : 250ms in the 450ms or so. now you sould be able to read the fient better and it wont be OP

vangaurd charge: well after i while i got used how to block the charge. but if you block… its seems like you are being punished for blocking it correctly. its like BOOM charge–> Block–> Boom 40 stamina gone… this should be less to make it less OP maybe 20 or so

**Nockback:
    **well this again torn banner, you should look into this because some weapons have so much nockback that i am like how in the world could that be happaning, we are not on the moon.

**Chase mechanic:
    **…. yea why do i need to say this didn’t you see this for yourself. its a good thing that it is in the game but.
    but it is so inconsistent. it feels like it is just readomly activated. it goes on when i don’t want it and it doesn’t when i want it. it even goes on when somebody is walking, what is this TB what is this.

TEAM DAMMAGE:
    this one wow. able to vote tk is not working becasue some people don’t understand it and friends could just be voring no.

i am level 46 i almost don’t tk my avrigge is 2% when i have 40 or 50 kills.(that’s mostly from people jumping in frond of me) i don’t hit when there is a teammate in front of me. i also drag my weapon in such a way that i only hit the enemy and not ur team. but most people don’t know how to do this or can’t do it good enough. even high level players do it a lot worse than me they have like 5-20%

i die a lot from tk. 60% of my deaths is done by tk or an archer. i hate it

so my point is that your team should not be hurted from what other players do. it should be hurting themselfs
    you could make it 25 or 50% of the TK they have done should be reflacted.

you will always have people who wil stand in front of you to tk you when this is in the game but overall the anger should be less in the game.

Server browsing: ping limits on servers… it should be there there are to many laggers joining
    i think the ping limmit to join a server should be 80 in the server it will always go up or maybe even down
    this is a good option for official servers

**BUGS:

**Fire pots: if you tk with em they don’t add up with the overall tk %. fix it TB

Fire pots: animations are somethimes not on the corrert place where the fire pot accauly is burning

Catapult: if you tk with em they don’t add up with the overall tk %. fix it TB

shields: somehow somethimes shields block a backstab or other attacks in the back…

server browsing: when you put the ping limmit to 100 and you save it. the next time you start your game it also adds third person with it… fix this i hate it i need to change it every time to surf normal.

this all guys i hope you agree with some things i had to say and also hope that these bugs will be fixed

say your thoughts downbelow and we can debate over it

• Yeah agree with some of that. Spears though - plz, knockback might be annoying but otherwise spears pale in comparison to the sword tier.

Charge taking your stamina and knocking you back - yes, charge is supposed to be useful and is still not as useful as dodge but it makes the vanguard viable.

MAA dodge is powerful sure - but you are easily killed so I think it is balanced - you just have to change tactics against MAA and assume they are dodge happy.

Of all you said firepot not showing TK is most annoying when a firepot troll comes along.

• If you cftp MAAs usually don’t have a free hit on you OP

• @Vanguard:

If you cftp MAAs usually don’t have a free hit on you OP

Nah but then when you try to riposte again they dodge out of the way and you have to CFtP again and you’re almost out of stamina.

Knockback is silly on most weapons ever since the CU2 patch, it’s annoying when I riposte and sometimes I stay in range of a person and sometimes I’m knocked back so far it’s just a waste of stamina.

Reflective damage while teamattacking is a great idea. lets say you hit team mates twice within 10 seconds, then you start taking reflective damage, which will continue for 60 seconds, until you hit some other friendly, then it will keep resetting the timer to 60 seconds. The first multiplier after hitting two people is 25% and this increase by 2x each time you hit another ally. Not only that, but you get -10 score for killing yourself by reflective damage.
    When or if the multiplier reaches 200% the person could be auto-kicked from the server as well. Obviously make this a serversided option so it can be turned off in scrims.

• @Hogo:

in real life

I made it this far.

Never, ever use “but in real life” arguments, they don’t work. Unless you want swords to be useless against all armor etc.

Cherry picking what should be realistic and what should be not regarding to weapons is stupid.

• @Xylvion:

Nah but then when you try to riposte again they dodge out of the way and you have to CFtP again and you’re almost out of stamina.

Thats why I usually don’t riposte MAAs, just do that scarry facehug stare into your soul thing and they shall dodge out of fear and then you feint/drag/have forced butsex with him. If facehug fails you kick him before he windup some shit and keep initiative to yourself.

• @Vanguard:

just do that scarry facehug stare into your soul

Perfect description lol

• my maul knight sense is tingling

• @Kreittis:

I made it this far.

Never, ever use “but in real life” arguments, they don’t work. Unless you want swords to be useless against all armor etc.

Cherry picking what should be realistic and what should be not regarding to weapons is stupid.

I wouldn’t mind changing knights cut resistance from 0.4 -> 0.1 and vanguards from 0.6->0.3 tbh. Would make blunt and chop weapons more viable.

• I agree with most of your post except about the zwei reach, it’s fine. MaA dodge especially needs to be made defensive only, I’m incredibly tired of them cancelling their recovery time over and over and hitting me during my swings, it should not be an offensive mechanic.

• @Xylvion:

Doesn’t really work that way. An MAA typically reads to see if you riposte. If you do, they generally block as they don’t have time to dodge (we are assuming they waited to read your action). If the MAA dodges without reading you - well if you don’t riposte, they are down 15 stam as you won’t need to ctfp.

• they didn’t have to nerf the broadsword, just should have left the stamina drain on maa dodge so that 4 dodges was the max. 5 is too many considering the short amount of time it takes to regen another dodge. Since most of the time you have to cftp, why doesn’t dodge cost the same or near cftp value for functioning the way it does?

competitive is the only place where you need that much versatility so i know what you’re going to say. For general play it’s pretty ridiculous. Only real qualm i have is dodging out of panic parries. IMO maa should have to decide whether to parry or dodge, once you pick one you should be stuck with that like every other class. Dodge kind of gets you out of too many mistakes I think.

And i’ve said it before and i’ll say it again, with the heavy hitting weapons that everyone uses in scrims and comp shit, being squishy applies to everyone at that point. When mauls and messers and brandis are flying around, everyone is squishy lol.

i could care less about nerfing maa’s more though, just the one dodge out of panic parrry thing really.

archers are the real issue man, archers.

vanguard charge is gay in pubs because everyone is flying around with them, or flying out of spawns with them or team damage, it just needs to be more consistent if anything.

spears need knockback to compensate for the fact that they cannot cftp, they have to keep distancing because they cannot combo attacks when missed so they can’t use that ability, and if you close the distance they lose all advantage they have at all. Brandi on the other hand ffs. And the vans probably don’t need as much knockback with other combo-capable weapons seeing as how their footspeed and slipperyness kind of gives them the advantage in combat. Vanguards have pretty much the best melee capability, they justlack the armor of a knight but they have knockback and slippery footwork to compensate to balance them out.

oh, if you think morningstar is fucked up, try using it with a shield GUHHH. I told sir loin about the moriningstar and i’m pretty sure he loves it now. The stabs pretty much hit during the windup animation… it’s awesome :/ I’d use it as my knight secondary and did for a while but you can’t relaly beat the norse secondary as knight, for when you need speed and good damage. You only get speed out of the morningstar from stabs but not enough damage so itd be better just to use primary making the secondary useless unless i take norse.

• Broadsword is amazing atm, the new reach is great, I can easily stay out of range of a spear or brandi and then just hit them during recovery, because of the release timers. I also love dragging the alt overhead. I never play norse with MAA, broadsword is still better imo. I do use norse a a knight though because I can force hit trades on the dodging bastards (which I don’t have to as a MAA, with footspeed+broad I can easily catch people backdodging).

And please archers are underpowered now and cant top people of the same rank playing different classes in pubs. It’s not like the class makes a ton of high ranks RQ or so either.

Oh and for lemons info I used warbow. A rank 57 also called me aimbotter which was slightly fun.
    As you can see from my poor accuracy I was never really in melee, my deaths are 1tk and 2 from an enemy archer with xbow.
    So even with shit tier acuracy, people that are really good at melee and well balanced teams (from the start, sadly they quit), two archers come out with the best scores, can someone explain that to me? I mean they’re nerfed into oblivion right?
    You people defending archers are seriously mentally challenged, it’s obviously the easiest most overpowered class in game.

• Show me that score when the teams aren’t stacked. What I bet happened was your team in melee were getting into 1vN situations and you were just picking off all the wounded. Warbow bodkin HTK wasn’t really changed with the nerf anyway with bodyshots. But I’ve done the same a couple of steam sales ago. First time in ages as archer where I didn’t have to get into melee. Barely used my secondary. Used longbow to begin with then swapped to warbow. My swagatha stacked team kept them busy while I pumped arrows into them as they were fighting. Had an issue later as they all went crossbow at the end lol.

But if you were on that mason team you would not get that score and you would be forced into melee a hell of a lot. And you know you wouldn’t. You’re rank 59. You could of got that score with a melee class against that team. And you know you could. Just with less of the assists.

• Urgh Xylvion, cmon man. There’s a difference between playing with friends and stacking the hell out of one team with a bunch of players easily considered unbeatable by the opposing team.

• @lemonater47:

Show me that score when the teams aren’t stacked. What I bet happened was your team in melee were getting into 1vN situations and you were just picking off all the wounded. Warbow bodkin HTK wasn’t really changed with the nerf anyway with bodyshots. But I’ve done the same a couple of steam sales ago. First time in ages as archer where I didn’t have to get into melee. Barely used my secondary. Used longbow to begin with then swapped to warbow. My swagatha stacked team kept them busy while I pumped arrows into them as they were fighting. Had an issue later as they all went crossbow at the end lol.

But if you were on that mason team you would not get that score and you would be forced into melee a hell of a lot. And you know you wouldn’t. You’re rank 59. You could of got that score with a melee class against that team. And you know you could. Just with less of the assists.

Are you seriously defending archer balance? Come the fuck on. Even Planetus who is a pretty damn good archer says that archers are OP. Yet you still throw your “huee your proof is invalid because half of the enemy team rq’d and you are on the wrong team” babby arguments. I bet you are really credible competitive player in NZ nofeint scene.

@Rickvs:

Urgh Xylvion, cmon man. There’s a difference between playing with friends and stacking the hell out of one team with a bunch of players easily considered unbeatable by the opposing team.

Welcome to EU servers these days. No point in playing if you are not stacking with the flow unless you are masochist.

• watch my video when i play with JP and Planetus, its first EU scrim video… they make shit so easy killing half the team before we have to engage, or after we are dead lol. Or putting everyone in critical death mode.

• Fun fact: rank 5 archers are way more dangerous than rank 5-35 MAA/vanguards/knights.

That should tell you something about the class.

• @Kreittis:

Fun fact: rank 5 archers are way more dangerous than rank 5-35 MAA/vanguards/knights.

That should tell you something about the class.

Rank 5 archers can’t hit shit, run away when engaged in melee and dominate the bottom of the scoreboard. That you know.

Theres been a bunch of suggestions to change archer. Other than just nerfing their damage which isn’t good for gameplay. Changes that make them harder to play without making them frustrating to play.

• 1: I couldn’t get that score in melee, That rank 49 on their team is by far the best player on the server and could easily have taken out 2-4 of us in close quarters by himself.
    2: do you guys even read? most of the higher ranks had RQd when the round was over.
    3: I’e alrady posted a picture on the forums when I was with 100% newbs and the other team was stacked and I still topped the board as an archer.
    (The only people who aren’t friends of mine there are the two at the bottom and the rank 35, the rest joined because they’re like bio, they don’t want to join the opposing team of planetus)

Because it takes time to look for images with over 6k of them, here’s one from yesterday when Nerevar and I were both playing sling on different teams that are well balanced (except neu-ulm1 plays like a rank 20 so they actually had better players).

And here a person who mains Knight managed to top the scoreboard with a pretty balanced game as well, meanwhile I might not be the top, but close enough.