Half swording/mordhau in chivalry

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1ieJAcvZPU

messing around a bit with this, i might make a mod for it where you can change your sword to half swording but i need to experiment a bit more with mixing up the animations especially the stab

obviously the animations werent made for this but i thought this is still kinda cool :very_drunk:

• Changes fov to 120
    dies

hehe.

Looks good though dude, very nicely done.

• im still trying to figure out how to get the stabs right, obviously the spear animations would work but i cant just switch the hand position on the fly. ,maybe the dagger anims could work because he flips the sword mid air haha

• why would you want that though, just makes the animations even worse

• looks really good, I’d try it for sure.

btw, why do you think the stab anims look wrong atm?
    is it just a maul with a custom skin?

with some dmg tweaks and different SFX it would look pretty badass.

can you maybe switch from regular 2h use to halfsword after a CFTP or is that impossible? that would be really badass and fun

• why after a CFTP? i could make a mod where you can switch to halfsword anytime u are using a sword

the stabs look a bit wrong because i wanted these kind of stabs
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vi757-7XD94#t=128

but its very hard to do with the current animations

• pls tbs give swords the buff they need :>

seriously though this looks good

• I thought it would look cool to switch from regular 2h carry to half sword after any parry so you could sort of riposte with a handle hit/pommel strike/halfsword attack, but the animations probably won’t help.
    Doing that only after cftp would involve some (minimum) degree of skill, but nevermind me. It’s probably impossible, impractical and would look confusing with built-in animations

I’ve also noticed many sparring videos where the attacker thrusts with the tip of the blade and some, like on your vid, where the attacker uses the pommel, and both use a halfsword grip.
    Maybe the mod could switch between the 3 modes? regular 2H stance, halfsword grip pommel first (maul animations), halfsword grip tip first (spear anims)?

just throwing some ideas, don’t pay much attention.

Edit: just noticed the “mordhau” on the thread’s title, lol.

• Why don’t you make a 2h flail while you’re at it?

Anyhow, this would be a cool thing to have the bastard swords switch to when you press 1 instead of to a 1handed.

• Looks really good crushed. If you could ‘alt stab’ somehow and it does quick, low-range, mid-damage stab with the point it would be perfect. It kind of makes swords OP though, as you now have a choice of blunt or cut/chop damage. Good work though, nicely done.

• yeah it makes swords op, but swords are already op and were op irl haha

dem realism arguments, im gonna try some more animation changes and see how it would work with bardiche animations

• This post is deleted!

• Lol, I can just imagine people in medieval times complaining about swords being OP.

• @KingWillie:

Lol, I can just imagine people in medieval times complaining about swords being OP.

Imagine about archers then, fucking OP since aways.

I would love to half sword my GS against knights!

• @Vanguard:

Imagine about archers then, fucking OP since aways.

Final words:
    Archers… are… OP…
    pls nerf.

• This post is deleted!

• you just turned that sword into a maul didn’t you. YOu filthy bastard!

and yes, archer nerf mod crushed, save us all

• @CRUSHED:

but swords are already op and were op irl haha

After all this time, I thought I would have finally convinced everyone that swords were not common or popular weapons in battlefields. If you want OP irl weapons, use polearms.

@50ShadesofClay:

you just turned that sword into a maul didn’t you. YOu filthy bastard!

Seems more like grand mace.

• @Kreittis:

If you want OP irl weapons, use polearms.

Nah, I’ll stick with Spear. Easy to pick up and able to overcome foes much more skilled than you, just like in real life!

• Spears are polearms.