Audiophile Thread

• So I’ve been getting into the hi-fi scene a bit, just recently bought a pair of earphones called the VSonic GR07 based on numerous recommendations on the head-fi forums.

I was curious as to what types of headphones/earphones/DACs/etc you guys might own. No judgment pls.

• Audio Technica ATH-M50’s

great cans for not that much $$

• Sennheiser HD 555
    bit pricey if not on sale
    good quality for the price though

• Sennheiser HD 515’s because they were cheap. Need a new pair soon though… they’re kinda falling apart.

• @Le:

Audio Technica ATH-M50’s

great cans for not that much $$

Mmm I have heard a lot of good things about these. Was considering picking up these instead of the gr07’s, but decided that earphones would be more versatile for my lifestyle atm

@Gauntlet:

Sennheiser HD 555

@dudeface:

Sennheiser HD 515’s because they were cheap. Need a new pair soon though… they’re kinda falling apart.

Good old sennheisers, I’ve never heard of 555’s or 515’s before though. Interesting to see that so far there is a lack of mainstream audio products like razer kraken/logitech g–/etc being listed. I wasn’t expecting much from the gamer crowd. Then again, this is technically an indie game.

I actually use Astro A40’s for gaming though(quite a ‘gamer’ brand). Overpriced as shite but it’s pretty solid I’d say. Prevents me from being that guy on CSGO who can’t hear the guy behind him who is brandishing a knife.

• i use a shitty 60 dollar pantronics headset

• Generic apple earphones that came with the phone.

I currently use the Logitech G230 for my headset though. They do alright I can hear everything I need to hear. Didn’t have a filter on the microphone so I stuck on the microphone filter from my old headset so I don’t kill everyone’s ears with my mic exploding. My old headset which was some cheap Microsoft LX-3500 or something was 100% bass. That’s all it was. Amazing microphone though. Which I broke by running it over with my office chair.

• This post is deleted!

• sennheiser hd202 on my desktop plus a shitty generic clip-on mic

akg Y50 when I go outside

• I use a headset, it works.

• Audiotechnica ATH-AD700 headphones. I mainly use these at the PC now for gaming, youtube etc. I’ve got a HRT musicstreamer II DAC but I don’t use it anymore.

for music and movies I use my stereo. Marantz PM6004 integrated amp, CD6005 CD player. local brand Aaron ATS-3 floorstanding speakers.

• @Gauntlet:

Sennheiser HD 555

Hey I use the same headphones! Only ones I own that I can stand wearing for any length of time, sits around your ears instead of directly on them. Really comfy and good sound too.

• ^^ one of the main reasons I’ve been buying Sennheisers for ages. They’re so damn comfy.

• Sound Blaster Z Sound card to a Sennheiser PC360 Headset.

I tried many different headphones but none of them compare to the sound, quality, and comfort Sennheiser’s give.