Why can't we combo kicks?

• Currently kicks are a stand alone thing that can not be chained into combos. They have long windups and recoveries that leave you wide open. That sucks.

I personally classify kick in the same terms as dodge, meaning it is a special ability.

In 1v1 kicks are “okay”. They are kind of glitchy but you can still manage to use them if you time it perfectly.
    In 2v1 (I am the 2), they are fine, your teammate can buy time while you are kicking.

But when I am outnumbered, 1v2 etc…, using kick is suddenly not an option.
    There is simply not enough time to use it without leaving myself open.

This is due to a number of reasons, and why:

1: You can not combo a kick. (not even parries in kick recovery)
    -issue- you leave yourself open for a huge amount of time with no way to defend (other than the kick itself)
    2: It’s near impossible to hit multiple targets with a kick.
    -issue- kick tracers are very odd, and the release time is oddly low.
    3: You are jolted slightly forward when you kick.
    -issue- you are putting yourself in prime territory to be hit by the enemy’s teammates.

I have not thought this through much, but I can see no downside to comboing kicks. We can already combo dodges, or the time from dodge -> attack is very small, not sure.
    I know you can parry instantly after a dodge or vice versa.

I believe kick should have similar properties to dodge, or else it is just not useful in 1v2+ scenarios, where it seemingly should be most useful.

We could also look into making kicks able to hit multiple people easier, or perhaps pushing you backward instead of jolting you forward (maybe only if you connect with someone?).

Of course there would be stamina costs for kick -> parry.
    Perhaps 5 stamina instantly + actual connected parry cost. That would make it extremely costly kick+5+parry.

attack -> kick? That is of course the whole point of this. stamina would be attack+kick.

parry -> kick? not sure about this, I don’t like the idea of a kick riposte. It doesn’t make sense at all.

kick -> kick? Definitely not, treat this like stab attacks, they can not be comboed twice in a row.

One last thought: I think this works best for light kick. Heavy kick should be its own category that can not be comboed, or else it could make using shields much too difficult.

Thoughts?

• Kicks don’t even work at the moment and combo kicks were never planned to be in the game. That being said, combo kicks are indeed an excellent idea (especially for 1v2s and versus shields if you could combo heavy kicks) and are in Slasher’s alpha, and they most definitely should be in Chivalry 2, fully functional with no holes in stomachs.

• How about we just make a single kick work first?

• I would test this, sounds very nice.

• you can combo and feint kicks in slashy

they also have working hit detection

• @zombojoe:

you can combo and feint kicks in slashy

impressive stuff.

• @zombojoe:

you can combo and feint kicks in slashy

Can’t they also be parried by a counter kick?

• What is this Slashy/er game that everyone’s talking about? I can’t find anything on it.

• @ToLazy4Name:

What is this Slashy/er game that everyone’s talking about? I can’t find anything on it.

http://www.reddit.com/r/TheSlashering/

• @Xylvion:

Can’t they also be parried by a counter kick?

Please say yes. Muay Thai simulator 2015.

• you can react to a kick and do a kick on your own and both kicks can clash

kick in slasher also works different, its faster and has less range, and when you kick you get locked out from moving and your turncap is slowed down heavily, but when you hit you stun your opponent so you get a free hit

its pretty amazing

• We can’t combo kicks because it’s a ridiculous concept. How often do you see people combo kicks in real life? It just doesn’t happen. Maybe in martial arts, but that’s a different thing.

• I don’t see why it would be ridiculous to chain into a kick from another kind of attack. Treat it like a stab, where you can combo it but only once before needing to switch to a different attack type.