One of the many great qualities of being a high rank player…

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsFzUnWf7KI

Yeah, it’s pretty bad. And wasn’t votekicking without reason supposed to be against rules?

• Yeah, I got kicked today because 4 MaA on my team decided to gang up on me and try to kill me right as the game started- for no reason other than to be little teenage cunts. They were swinging away at me, but I killed all 4, then they initiate a vote kick against me, saying I was team killing. I get kicked, and the 4 real tkers stay in the game. Fuck…people just saw that I had 100% damage and that was it. This was clearly planned because they all attacked me at the same time, luckily they sucked.

• 1: That’s not an official server so the official server rules don’t matter (Offiical servers don’t have dark forest maps on them).
    2: Why do you keep parrying air?

• @parkrangerstan:

Yeah, I got kicked today because 4 MaA on my team decided to gang up on me and try to kill me right as the game started- for no reason other than to be little teenage cunts. They were swinging away at me, but I killed all 4, then they initiate a vote kick against me, saying I was team killing. I get kicked, and the 4 real tkers stay in the game. Fuck…people just saw that I had 100% damage and that was it. This was clearly planned because they all attacked me at the same time, luckily they sucked.

Something similar has happened to me a few times. This rank 50+ and his rank 30 friend tried to gang me at spawn in LTS for no reason but since friendly damage was set to 100% on the server, I got both of them pretty easily with a few drags from the messer. And I get votekicked while they stay in the game.

@Xylvion:

2: Why do you keep parrying air?

Parrying air, you say?

• This shit happens all the time, most of server hijacking happens in FFA, luckily I tend to avoid FFA altogether anyway.
    But still, if I were to make a topic about pointless votekicks the forums would be flooded by Rickvs threads right now.

Anyway, I think the game could do with a better admin-support system built-in. Something like “Call admin” in the pause menu, and then be able to select your typical scenario (such as purposeful teamkilling but too many culprits for votekick to be an option, or server hijacking) after which an admin will know which server to visit to check it out.
    Or at the very least, the game could go with a pause menu button to immediately direct to the official server admin group. It’s rather inefficient atm to find it in time.

• Might have something to do with this:

Easy to take a clip out of context and post it as “high rank oppression” or some other mumbo jumbo.

• ^ this, high rank players are often the biggest trolls in chat, complaining if they die on anything they can. But that quote could be taken out of context too.

Not all, some are perfect gentlemen but many act like jerks, troll hard and then complain when kicked.

I bet on average Europeans are far better behaved.

• @Kreittis:

Might have something to do with this:

Easy to take a clip out of context and post it as “high rank oppression” or some other mumbo jumbo.

I recorded the entire last game and Turpasauna wasn’t even there until the last couple minutes from what I recall. I barely even used the chat except for the 2-3 times some low rank tried to vote me out of the game, and the only things I said was “reason?” and “too good?”. But aside from that, the chat was filled with russianspeak throughout the entirety of the game. I don’t know what his beef with me is.

• Eh.
    I vote out highranks when I can. I know it’s against the rules, but it’s no fun playing with unbeatable people.

• @Skindiacus:

Eh.
    I vote out highranks when I can. I know it’s against the rules, but it’s no fun playing with unbeatable people.

Have you thought about how selfish that makes you? He has done literally nothing wrong, and despite him clearly being the better player, you believe your own right to play and enjoy the game precedes his. This is everything wrong with pub-culture

Besides, what I’ve found is that bads telling themselves that a particular move or playstyle (feints, reverses, even accelerated attacks) is “unbeatable” is the surest way for it to stay that way.

• @Skindiacus:

Eh.

I’ve never understood this way of thinking. When I was a new player in chiv- granted, the game had pretty much just come out- there were plenty of high rank players (30+ was high at the time). I always wanted the challenge of beating high rank players IN PARTICULAR compared to the low rank ones. I mean, winning isn’t fun if there’s no challenge. The reward is overcoming a tough challenge, i.e., a skilled opponent.

• @parkrangerstan:

I’ve never understood this way of thinking. When I was a new player in chiv- granted, the game had pretty much just come out- there were plenty of high rank players (30+ was high at the time). I always wanted the challenge of beating high rank players IN PARTICULAR compared to the low rank ones. I mean, winning isn’t fun if there’s no challenge. The reward is overcoming a tough challenge, i.e., a skilled opponent.

It’s the low rank servers. New players are too comfortable with gambling against other gamblers and when they come up against someone who actually knows how to use parry, they don’t know what to do. They panic, and then they die.

• @Stael:

Have you thought about how selfish that makes you?

How many high-pingers have you votekicked?

• My God Skindiacus, What a strong argue. High ping makes all others players pay and create lags. It’s just normal to kick the high pinger. And voting yes for kicking high players, wow this is pathetic. I’m in the way of Parkrangerstan. See this as a challenge, You can even team with your friends to beat them down if you like. Since you don’t TK, there’s no rule against a 2vs1, even a 3vs1

• @Skindiacus:

How many high-pingers have you votekicked?

Are you saying kicking high ping players is selfish ? Are you one of those people I often encounter saying “Anything under 200 is acceptable, you can’t even notice 150 ping” and all that shit ?

• Selfish would be playing with high ping and, just because you find playing with such a high amount just barely playable, force every single other player to have to fight you in frustratingly laggy battles as well.