Please please PLEASE for crying out loud can we have a balance/ bugfix patch???!!!!

• I am frustrated! Many, many other players are frustrated! Like a rose without water, this game is something beautiful being ruined by neglect.

Here follows a list of glaring flaws/ exploits/ bugs that have been present for a long time, which really should have been fixed by now:

-LAG SPIKES. Ho, the lag spikes. On almost every game I’ve played, across every server, there has been at least one major lag spike. The game locks up for about 10-15 seconds; these are so severe that sometimes the connection times out and many players are kicked from the server. This is perhaps the worst bug currently.

-HITS GHOSTING THROUGH OPPONENTS. Happens multiple times each game. Very frustrating. This bug wasn’t present before, some patch must have caused it.

-BLOCKS NOT REGISTERING. Happens more frequently than the ghost-hit bug. Again, very frustrating, especially when you are 100% sure that you blocked an attack. I have been killed by easy, noobish attacks because of this bug.

-FLINCH NOT WORKING. Sometimes attacks will not be interrupted, even those clearly in the windup phases. Happens maybe twice each game.

-ATTACKS BEING BLOCKED BY SOMEONE’S BACK/ NECK. Happens sometimes, doesn’t makes sense. I realize this is a side effect of the blocking mechanic, but surely there is some way to ensure that back attacks go through?

-‘INVISIBLE’ PERSON USING RAM. Somehow, players are able to start ramming the gate and then run and hide, while still ramming the gate. This bug/exploit has ruined some very close games.

-OBJECTIVE FAILED!- BURN THE TENTS. This message appears when the attacking team succeeds in burning the tents on the 1st objective on Outpost. Surely this is not that hard to fix?

-COLDFRONT FINAL OBJECTIVE IMPOSSIBLE FOR ESCAPING KING. Self explanatory. I have played this map dozens of times and have never, ever seen the king escape, even with an extremely good team. This map is in desperate need of some balancing.

-AUTOBALANCE IS RUBBISH. Skill > numbers. Why isn’t rank a factor when autobalancing? Throwing one more noob on the other team isn’t going to help balance anything, in fact it might even hurt them due to team damage.

-OUTPOST FINAL OBJECTIVE SHOULDN’T USE BOTS. Bots are stupid, bots are easy to kill, and bots cannot be relied on to do anything except die. The bots on this map almost never survive. So why are they such an integral part of this map? Why not just replace the bots with the 4 best players on the Mason team, while only giving them a moderate health/ damage boost?

-ARCHERS SHOULD BE ABLE TO AIM UP LADDERS. This is crucial on the new TO map with the 2 flags on top of the wall. Defenders can shoot people coming up the ladders, but attackers can’t aim high enough to shoot back. This leaves the attackers really vulnerable to arrows/ throwables.

If anyone out there agrees with me, or has more to add, then please chip in!

• you make it sound like this game should be pre-alpha :>

• @quackquackquack:

-LAG SPIKES. Ho, the lag spikes. On almost every game I’ve played, across every server, there has been at least one major lag spike.

Haven’t had this happen to me in a long while.

@quackquackquack:

-HITS GHOSTING THROUGH OPPONENTS. Happens multiple times each game. Very frustrating. This bug wasn’t present before, some patch must have caused it.

Happens a lot depending on your weapon. Lel Halberd being the most obvious example. I tend to get it a lot with my Norse Sword as a Knight.

@quackquackquack:

-BLOCKS NOT REGISTERING. Happens more frequently than the ghost-hit bug. Again, very frustrating, especially when you are 100% sure that you blocked an attack. I have been killed by easy, noobish attacks because of this bug.

Yep, happens all the time for me too, although 50% is when I swear I clicked right mouse but my character doesn’t parry at all.

@quackquackquack:

-FLINCH NOT WORKING. Sometimes attacks will not be interrupted, even those clearly in the windup phases. Happens maybe twice each game.

Yes, but it happens a lot more for me that attacks are interrupted when they shouldn’t. Give Poleaxe a go, you’ll see what I mean sooner or later.

@quackquackquack:

-ATTACKS BEING BLOCKED BY SOMEONE’S BACK/ NECK. Happens sometimes, doesn’t makes sense. I realize this is a side effect of the blocking mechanic, but surely there is some way to ensure that back attacks go through?

Yes, but I fear there’s no efficient way of fixing it without making latency an even more damaging factor for this game.

@quackquackquack:

-‘INVISIBLE’ PERSON USING RAM. Somehow, players are able to start ramming the gate and then run and hide, while still ramming the gate. This bug/exploit has ruined some very close games.

100% agreed. Should’ve been fixed 5 months ago when it was reported, now it’s as much a feature as the crouch button.

@quackquackquack:

-OBJECTIVE FAILED!- BURN THE TENTS. This message appears when the attacking team succeeds in burning the tents on the 1st objective on Outpost. Surely this is not that hard to fix?

Yep. Just a matter of 1 quick Kismet edit, takes about 5 seconds.

@quackquackquack:

-COLDFRONT FINAL OBJECTIVE IMPOSSIBLE FOR ESCAPING KING. Self explanatory. I have played this map dozens of times and have never, ever seen the king escape, even with an extremely good team. This map is in desperate need of some balancing.

I’m not too sure about this. Admittedly I haven’t played the map many times but in the few occasions I did it’s been a 50-50 mix of kings completing this objective.
    Escape the castle itself can be a pain but once the King reaches the first stairs of the docks it’s GG. Rather dislikeable, but then again the map is one giant lagfest so that particular objective is not too high a priority.

@quackquackquack:

-AUTOBALANCE IS RUBBISH. Skill > numbers. Why isn’t rank a factor when autobalancing? Throwing one more noob on the other team isn’t going to help balance anything, in fact it might even hurt them due to team damage.

Yep, agreed. So many times I join a match, see there’s 1 team obviously at a huge disadvantage but I can’t even join it because they have 1 rank 3 player more than the enemy team. Stupid.

@quackquackquack:

-OUTPOST FINAL OBJECTIVE SHOULDN’T USE BOTS. Bots are stupid, bots are easy to kill, and bots cannot be relied on to do anything except die. The bots on this map almost never survive. So why are they such an integral part of this map? Why not just replace the bots with the 4 best players on the Mason team, while only giving them a moderate health/ damage boost?

True, but I also feel 4 players to be replaced is a tad too much. Possibly make it 2-3 chieftains, in which case I’d definitely be in favor of players instead of bots. Nobody is willing to risk their digital life for a dumb bot.

@quackquackquack:

-ARCHERS SHOULD BE ABLE TO AIM UP LADDERS. This is crucial on the new TO map with the 2 flags on top of the wall. Defenders can shoot people coming up the ladders, but attackers can’t aim high enough to shoot back. This leaves the attackers really vulnerable to arrows/ throwables.

No, that would more than likely introduce more issues than it’d fix. Instead I feel like the entire flag objective in Belmez is somewhat unbalanced in favor of the defending team. Random noobs camping the flag spawn spot only to die and lose it 10 steps later isn’t very helpful, either.

• @Rekrab:

you make it sound like this game should be pre-alpha :>

Chivalry does play and perform like an Early Access game, though.

• This might be interesting:
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=307106588

“-Improved parrybox: Instead of a parrybox, the mod uses a series of forward facing planes. When the tracers hit those planes, a comparison between the trace direction and the plane’s normal is made, to ensure that the attack is hitting the front of the parrybox. That makes it impossible to parry attacks from behind.”

• @Rickvs:

No, that would more than likely introduce more issues than it’d fix. Instead I feel like the entire flag objective in Belmez is somewhat unbalanced in favor of the defending team. Random noobs camping the flag spawn spot only to die and lose it 10 steps later isn’t very helpful, either.

I see your point. That map IS pretty lopsided in the defender’s favor, now that I think about it. As for the lag spikes, that’s odd. Maybe it’s just certain servers? Both east coast/ central official TO and the Reddit server get pretty frequent lag spikes, maybe 1 or 2 every game. Maybe 1/5 of those result in a boot back to the main menu. I know its not just my connection, because whenever it happens many other players type “WTF LAG” or something like it into the chat box.

• I agree with the ram bug which is simple to reproduce and the objective burn the tents.

King escaping on coldfront I have seen plenty of times - sure its very difficult, near impossible on balanced teams but it is very satisfying when it does happen - usually a gold helm and a decent defense team can make it happen. And considering that the first two objectives are a little biased for attackers I don’t think it is a big deal.

Outpost is fine, the 4 bots are just distractions, the real battle is fought around the bell tower - if the defending team entirely camped it they would hold it easily but that rarely happens and is just a coordination issue.

Lag spikes I only see if the server is going through a hard time - that is not a bug nor anything the developers can do about - except make sure their servers are being properly managed to identify network or server resource issues.

Blocks not registering are your own fault for not parrying properly, any high rank player can block all day and only be tricked by drags, feints or just sheer terror of being hit by a maul.

The biggest issue I think is kicks as fixing that would make a huge difference to the flow of the game.

• This post is deleted!

• @gregcau:

Blocks not registering are your own fault for not parrying properly, any high rank player can block all day and only be tricked by drags, feints or just sheer terror of being hit by a maul.

What rubbish. As it happens, I am a relatively high rank (50) player and I can say that blocking simply does not work sometimes. I have blocked the draggiest of drags, the trickiest of reverse-overheads, and the wiggliest of stabs without fail many many times. Feints do no faze me; I do not panic-block ever. So much for ‘sheer terror’. I have taken down some mean 50+ SOB’s in 1v1 combat, sometimes 60+, so obviously my blocking is not the issue.

But then some no-name rank 10 runs up and does a no-skill noob attack; no drags or wiggles or feints or ANYTHING, and somehow my block suddenly fails? Bullshit! I have literally seen the enemy’s weapon phase through my own while I’m blocking.

You are so convinced that everything is fine that when faced with clear evidence on the contrary, you put your fingers in your ears and go “LALALALA, CAN’T HEAR YOU”

• @quackquackquack:

Feints do no faze me; I do not panic-block ever.

i call bs here

• I just attribute failed parries to crappy network code.

For me the most annoying things in the game are VG charges and swings ghosting through ppl for no dmg. I don’t really care about minor map bugs.

• dat no flinch mechanic is great for epic caveman gameplay

chivalry stone age warfare is the best

• Ive had plenty of escapes on coldfront. I think its a bigger problem that the defenders get less time for the king to escape if they defended the castle well instead of more time.

• The problem is that most kings camp in the castle and don’t push forward to the second spawn asap.

• @Xylvion:

The problem is that most kings camp in the castle and don’t push forward to the second spawn asap.

If they do they usually get caught by a wave of spawning attackers. The defenders are a little slow to be able to rally around the king. A forced respawn might help.

• It’s easier to not respawn and help by destroying the barricades before mason even gets there. Then there’s the problem of the idiot team mates not being able to play for the objective, but they have to push out asap so that the king can just rush and get the new spawn point. It’s not really hard, but there’s too many retards in the game.

• @quackquackquack:

Like a rose without water,

Pwned

Stoped reading after that

• The game is balanced and bug-free.

• @Najo:

Pwned

Stoped reading after that

I typed something you thought was silly, so you didn’t even read the post…. you’re not too bright, are you?

• @Vanguard:

This might be interesting:
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=307106588

wow, I never realised that when im hit-trading someone even though I had the idea that i was way out of reach my arms are getting hit.