Recent VAC Bans

• A couple of points I’ve come up with based on the information I’ve been provided:

1. If Mike was hacking, why did he only get VAC banned once he decided to test the speed hack? I understand anti-hack was turned off on the server, but he’s played on my server when hack detection was enabled and he was obviously never detected.

However…

2. It is EXTREMELY suspicious that he wouldn’t test this “speed hack” on his smurf account(s); instead he decides to “test” it on his main account- an account that he has spent hours and hours getting to a high rank.

In conclusion, if Mike was, in fact, truly testing this speed hack, why did he go about it in such a (frankly) stupid manner? I personally don’t believe Mike was or has ever used speed hacks to his advantage in “competitive” Chivalry; rather I believe he is a victim of his own carelessness in an effort to legitimately test a speed hack. Thanks to his carelessness, he’s left a trail of reasonable doubt.

I can’t be completely unbiased due to the fact that I am friends with, and respect Mike quite a bit; but hopefully these points will allow people to draw their own conclusions.

Note to forum admin: Don’t be hall monitor and lock this thread. I’m simply offering a chance for people to legitimately discuss this topic in a non-toxic manner. If it turns toxic, then be my guest to lock it (name calling, personal attacks etc. you know).

• sure thing buddy

now can you explain dofoo

im really quite interested

• In most cases I find the “I just wanted to test these hax for fun” argument to be completely and utterly impossible to believe. This is the “dog ate my homework” excuse of cheating.

• I’m still waiting for someone to articulately refute my argument. Rather than sarcasm and some incomplete argument preceded by a quote comparison.

• @zombojoe:

sure thing buddy

Dofoo told some people he was going to be using a speed hack for testing purposes…it was made clear to others that it was premeditated before he was VAC banned.

• This post is deleted!

• Still waiting.

• @zombojoe:

sure thing buddy

I’m not your buddy, guy.

• lol speedhacking, it’s so easy to notice that there wouldn’t be any point using it in scrims
    also all the people I know that got VAC’d (or didn’t) for speedhacking used it only for shits and giggles

• “Testing” hax is dumb and punishable offense.

Test offline you idiots.

• test on alts on low rank servers

no one will know the difference

• @Kreittis:

“Testing” hax is dumb and punishable offense.

Test offline you idiots.

That was one of my points basically. If you really are testing WHY wouldn’t you think to test it offline or on a smurf account.

• @zombojoe:

test on alts on low rank servers

no one will know the difference

Yes, that’s the point I’ve been telling everyone. If it really was just testing, how come it wasn’t done offline or on a smurf?

• @Albert!:

lol speedhacking, it’s so easy to notice that there wouldn’t be any point using it in scrims
    also all the people I know that got VAC’d (or didn’t) for speedhacking used it only for shits and giggles

You say that, but I know someone who got away with it in competitive play for over a year here in NA…never got caught by a person, only VAC’d. Wasn’t Mike or Dofoo, and I’m not giving names.

• let me guess ur talking about yourself

4 realz tho chiv didnt have cheat engine protection for most of its lifespan

and nothing can stop you from seeding a torrent and playing at the same time for epic 0 frame swings

• @zombojoe:

let me guess ur talking about yourself

4 realz tho chiv didnt have cheat engine protection for most of its lifespan

and nothing can stop you from seeding a torrent and playing at the same time for epic 0 frame swings

I know I’m good, but hacker level? THANKS

I’m interested to here your opinion on dofoo. Have you formed one yet?

• @parkrangerstan:

Yes, that’s the point I’ve been telling everyone. If it really was just testing, how come it wasn’t done offline or on a smurf?

My conclusion is that it wasn’t a test, and he used the standard go-to excuse afterwards.

• Haha, speedhacking. I don’t care if it’s for shits and giggles, testing purposes or whatever. It should get people banned.
    Lately I’ve been hearing a lot about Chivalry players VAC-banned, yet none of them turned out to be false positives. It’s always people saying “I just wondered how…” and “I only tested it out in my own server…”.

No reason to beat around the bush, though; speedhacking is hilariously easy to do, even I can take a wild guess at how to go about it. Doesn’t mean I feel like pushing the limits to see what can and what can’t get me banned.
    And as much as I would like to say speedhacking is easy to detect; it isn’t. Chivalry desyncs so much nowadays you can pretty much accuse entire teams of a minor speed increase. I’m glad it’s more easily picked up by Steam now.

Btw out of curiosity to actually get back on-topic, who is Mike and when/why did he get banned?

• @Rickvs:

Haha, speedhacking. I don’t care if it’s for shits and giggles, testing purposes or whatever. It should get people banned.
    Lately I’ve been hearing a lot about Chivalry players VAC-banned, yet none of them turned out to be false positives. It’s always people saying “I just wondered how…” and “I only tested it out in my own server…”.

No reason to beat around the bush, though; speedhacking is hilariously easy to do, even I can take a wild guess at how to go about it. Doesn’t mean I feel like pushing the limits to see what can and what can’t get me banned.
    And as much as I would like to say speedhacking is easy to detect; it isn’t. Chivalry desyncs so much nowadays you can pretty much accuse entire teams of a minor speed increase. I’m glad it’s more easily picked up by Steam now.

Btw out of curiosity to actually get back on-topic, who is Mike and when/why did he get banned?

Mike Oxlong is a great knight, one of the best in NA (we have a lot). I’ve dueled him countless times and never once thought, “gee, his attacks feel so fast”. Unfortunately, you can’t really tell if someone is speedhacking at 1.01/1.02 x Normal Speed- contrary to what anyone tells you. I would know, I used to duel someone who told me they were speedhacking (they showed me 1.5 x normal to prove it) before VAC came into the game(this person isn’t involved in the current situation and doesn’t play the game anymore). This person stayed in comp play while hacking for over a year- no one caught them or even grew suspicious…yeah. Crazy.

I agree with your statement above. Why in the hell would your suspicions drive someone to actually risk testing a speed hack and the possibility of getting VAC banned??? I like Mike, and I respect him, but if he really was “testing” this speedhack, I really have to ask WHY??? And, why do it SO stupidly. I’ve been tackling this topic as unbiased as possible given my association with Mike…and sadly there’s plenty of reasonable doubt that he’s left behind; either by his own carelessness with testing or because he simply was a hacker.

One thing still gets me though… I’ve always had speed hack detection on my server, Mike has dueled on it without being aware of this and he wasn’t caught…maybe he had it toggled off, who knows.

Seriously though, why the actual fuck would you be driven to test such a thing given the risks…unless of course you’re not just testing it.

• VAC got updated recently from what I’ve heard, so apparantly he wasn’t one of the best knights NA, just a speedhacker.