Can't figure out how to get my server working

• Hi,

As the title may suggest, I’m having a spot of trouble getting my Deadliest Warrior server up and running. I’ve been at it for days, and can’t get my head around it.

I’ve gotten it to the point where I can join by using the console command “open” + the IP address. Both of my Brothers can also join it by using the console command. However, my friends that aren’t connected to the same internet / router as I am (like both of my Brothers are) cannot connect.

They can’t join with the console command, they can’t join through the Steam overlay, they can’t join through the server browser, or even the “friends” part of the server browser. As far as they’re concerned, the server doesn’t exist.

With this in mind, it says to me that I’ve set it up as a LAN server somehow, but that’s not what I want it to be. Nor do I know how I managed to make it that way.

Any help anyone can offer as far as getting my server to the server browser would be greatly appreciated. If there’s any information I can provide, just let me know and I’ll try and post it.

I’ve tried every combination of related words I can think of in the advanced search feature here, and in Google and can’t find anything that’s helped me. Making an account and posting here seems like it’ll be my last resort.

Thanks in advance.

• Hey Varden,

Depending on where you are at in the process you are probably just needing to port forward on your router. Now this process is fairly easy:

-Login to the Router.
    -Find the port forward section on your brand specific router.
    -When you port forward you will put in whatever port you want to communicate on (i.e- Port 7778).
    -In your shortcut link for the DW server exe make sure to add the line " -Port=7778 " without quotes.

If you look me up on steam i’ll help ya out.
    W.B.Y Proshotv2

Good luck!