Give vanguard kite shield

• @Xylvion:

it was 2x and got nerfed to 1.75x so only HCB 1shot knights. b0lance.

are you trying to tell me that lcb headshots did close to a 100 dmg on a knight? who thought that would be balanced?

• increase damage of broadhead arrows so oneshot in chest kills archers again.
      – add a damage probability for a knights :D
    • reduce damage of bodgkin arrows
      – but, for the war bow, keep oneshotkill in head for all classes except knight
    • reduce damage of xbows in general (esp. HCB)

• @J-D:

are you trying to tell me that lcb headshots did close to a 100 dmg on a knight? who thought that would be balanced?

All the crossbows were slower to reload back then as well, their velocity was lower and the gravitational effects were more noticeable. Targets were also a lot harder to hit as arrows phased through people without dealing damage.

• Well actually their velocity was completely random and at one stage consistently incredibly fast after they fixed the random speeds.

• @lemonater47:

Well actually their velocity was completely random and at one stage consistently incredibly fast after they fixed the random speeds.

it wasnt random, it was proportional to your FPS

if you had 10 fps you could throw a firepot across the entire moor playable area

it made for some leet archer hax

on the other hand if you had 80 fps your shit dropped like a brick

• Yeah well you didn’t know your opponents FPS which sorta made it random. No customisation back then so everyone was the same. Random.

• It still varies depending on your FOV though, the projectile is faster with higher FoV.

• If vanguards had bears to ride into battle it could soak up a few arrows for him.

• @Oy:

If vanguards had bears to ride into battle it could soak up a few arrows for him.

They added other crap so why not?

• this totally makes sense IMHO.

i play as knight, i cant imagine a vanguard wielding a low range weapon + shield being a problem.

This would be more realistic

i do also think that the sword charge attack should be a vertical swing, that horizontal cut looks so much bizarre and op