Should the 4 idiot bots on final Outpost map be replaced with 2 or 3 best players?

• Of course, the 2/3 players would only have moderate health boosts, to keep things balanced. Way less than the king health buff.

This seems like an obvious idea, no one wants to rely on bots. Please vote, any suggestions are welcome!

• While I think it would be fun, it would make defending a little too easy. Everyone would camp in the bell tower. As is I have seen the map defended maybe 25% of the time which seems fair.

• I wouldn’t mind two chiefs and back to how it was before, either capture the tower or kill the chieftains.

• @Xylvion:

I wouldn’t mind two chiefs and back to how it was before, either capture the tower or kill the chieftains.

Players & Capture OR Kill sounds good to me.

• i don’t think people realize that the main hold is the top of the tower, the chieftans are just ancillary things you can try to defend to waste a bit more time - but the main objective is the tower, and it’s totally defend able.

• @50ShadesofClay:

i don’t think people realize that the main hold is the top of the tower, the chieftans are just ancillary things you can try to defend to waste a bit more time - but the main objective is the tower, and it’s totally defend able.

Indeed, but the chieftains are just annoying, might as well remove them.

• @50ShadesofClay:

i don’t think people realize that the main hold is the top of the tower, the chieftans are just ancillary things you can try to defend to waste a bit more time - but the main objective is the tower, and it’s totally defend able.

Yea, chieftans always just get taken out first, then everyone focuses on the tower.

• @50ShadesofClay:

I’m sure that was the idea behind it, but really it hurts the defenders more. Teammates who would otherwise be defending the tower instead defend the silly bots. This makes it easier for the attackers to capture the tower, as a good portion of the defenders are distracted by defending the bots.

I like the idea of having to kill 2- 3 of the best defenders OR having to capture the tower. Difficult, but not too difficult.

• I can’t say, because I’ve never played Outpost. The new maps were more than a disappointment, eh.

• @gregcau:

While I think it would be fun, it would make defending a little too easy. Everyone would camp in the bell tower. As is I have seen the map defended maybe 25% of the time which seems fair.

And I agree with this. My first thought upon playing Outpost was “Why the hell are these bots and not people?”, but I think it probably would make defending too easy.

• Yeah, top few players with extra health camping on the tower would be hard to beat. Imo the last objective is pretty well balanced atm.

• Alternatively we could make the “silly” bots “better” bots.

I voted no. As previously mentioned, they would all just hide on the tower.

• @Skindiacus:

Alternatively we could make the “silly” bots “better” bots.

I voted no. As previously mentioned, they would all just hide on the tower.

Currently though the tower is really the only objective. Hiding on the tower won’t help them. They’ll still be killed easily enough. Not to mention the catapults.

• @Jon:

I can’t say, because I’ve never played Outpost. The new maps were more than a disappointment, eh.

How nice of you to weigh in on the conversation then.

@50ShadesofClay:

I agree that the chieftains are quite pointless unless you can herd one of them into a corner under your own spawn. Having two of the top players as chieftains would probably make capturing the main objective really easy or impossible, because if one or both of them died it’s effectively 33-50% of damage done to the opposing team you will not see again in that round, OR they could just hide behind everyone like the king in Stoneshill and never take a hit.

I think the chieftains should be removed to make people defend the tower and not run around the tower eating arrows.

• They should be replaced by the worst players. I think after some time all will cry: we want bots back.

• This post is deleted!