Native Linux server available

• It says on the steam wiki that I must link these files with this command:

ln -s steamcmd/linux32/steamclient.so ~/.steam/sdk32/steamclient.so

But I can’t seem to find any steam folder with sdk32 in it. Where is that suppose to be?

• Hmmm, I installed a 32bit linux distro and now I get less errors. Yay!

Anyone have any idea what would cause this?

vps@srv1:~$ /home/vps/Steam/steamapps/common/chivalry_ded_server/Binaries/Linux/UDKGameServer-Linux aocffa-moor_p/?steamsockets/?adminpassword=changeme/?port=7000/?queryport=7010 -seekfreeloadingserver
    [S_API FAIL] SteamAPI_Init() failed; SteamAPI_IsSteamRunning() failed.
    Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 219640
    Loading library: libPhysXCooking.so
    Result of loading library libPhysXCooking.so: 0xb898780
    Loading library: PhysXUpdateLoader.so
    ERROR: PhysXUpdateLoader.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    Result of loading library PhysXUpdateLoader.so: 0x0
    Loading library: libPhysXCore.so
    Result of loading library libPhysXCore.so: 0xb898500
    Aborted (core dumped)

• @Charly:

It says on the steam wiki that I must link these files with this command:

ln -s steamcmd/linux32/steamclient.so ~/.steam/sdk32/steamclient.so

But I can’t seem to find any steam folder with sdk32 in it. Where is that suppose to be?

This instruction don’t work, just copy steamclient.so from steamcmd/linux32 to /Steam/steamapps/common/chivalry_ded_server/Binaries/Linux/lib

• @Yazuak:

Lol okay, it seems that it only reads the configuration once… I changed it to read from a subdirectory named “alice” and copied all my files there and it worked, but then when I tried to change the subdirectory files the changes didn’t apply.

So I renamed the subdirectory to alice2, set -configsubdir=alice2 and the changes applied.

Then I wanted to change some more things, so I changed em, renamed the subdirectory back to alice - but here’s the kicker, it kept the settings from the first time I had used the subdirectory name “alice.” In other words, the changes didn’t apply, it reverted.

So, I guess I have to use a unique subdirectory name every time I want to change the config.

Exactly the same for me. I’t’s name was confone then conftwo and now its confseven.
    It’s a bit boring that i have each time to change the directory name plus edit the start script…
    Second thing i was unable to run giant slayer by appending ?modname=giantslayers and -sdkfileid=226726898 at the end.
    I even uploaded the mod file manually , but my server just start in normal mod. even admin servertravel aocffa-arena3_p?modname=giantslayers doesnt not work when i’m on the server. Anyone has an idea?

• Has anyone figured out why the Linux Dedicated Server only loads the config ones and then any changes you make dont apply after restarting the server? There must be a cache where it is saving this stuff.

• Whenever I run the server on Ubuntu 15.04, it works properly (VAC starts, the server appears in browser, etc.) until someone actually gets on the server - then after random delay (from few seconds to few minutes) the server closes/crashes, with no additional information in the logs. Issue does not happen when firewall (CSF) is completely disabled. Tried allowing following ports: 7777,7778,27960,27015, and some more, with no success. Same happens on CentOS 6. Any ideas?

• After 4 hours of messing (tried Wine approach first) and Googling around I’m giving up. Got to this point, where it doesn’t show a specific SteamAPI error (it’s just not running it seems… I have all files linked and copied). It just stops with loading libPhysXCore.so. Nothing more happens, I don’t see server in the browser, I don’t see ports being open and using “open myserver’sip” in Chivalry console brings me nothing. So I assume it doesn’t work.

Probably going to try renting a server instead. Less stress.

root@ChivalryAmsterdam:~/Steam/steamapps/common/chivalry_ded_server/Binaries/Linux# ./UDKGameServer-Linux aocffa-moor_p?steamsockets?adminpassword=changeme?port=7000?queryport=7010 -seekfreeloadingserver
    Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 220070
    Result of loading library libPhysXCooking.so: 0xab28500
    ERROR: PhysXUpdateLoader.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    Result of loading library libPhysXCore.so: 0xab28280

• Running UDKGameServer-Linux just delete all the files in my steamcmd directory (where I exec my scripts from). So all my server scripts just got deleted.

Fuck you. Seriously.

• Well, more than 7 months since you released the native linux server.

I have been using the wine solution so far, I wanted to try the so easy native linux solution and all I got is the same error as everybody > [S_API FAIL] SteamAPI_Init() failed; SteamAPI_IsSteamRunning() failed.
    What - The - Fuck.
    Zero support ???

Does anybody here managed to get it working in a stable way ?
    Also, to the guys running it on ubuntu, did you do anything special ?

I am currently on centos 6.7

• Ok, I am stupid, I have been obscessed with the errors without even testing !

The server does work !
    You can try out guys …

• lol, yeah, you always get some console output that looks like bad errors but is actually useless.

• @dudeface:

lol, yeah, you always get some console output that looks like bad errors but is actually useless.

Tell me please, did you manage to use sdk maps on the native linux server ?
    Also, is there any fix for the config folder having to be renamed each time you change a thing ?
    (has the cache file be determined ?)

Thank you :)

• Not sure. I didn’t end up running my server for that long so I didn’t have the chance to deal with that issue. I know players complained that some of the custom maps would only work sometimes, so it seems the config stuff was definitely having problems (obv. they weren’t getting added to the maplist properly for voting). But that aside, custom maps do work as expected.

• Hello everyone, :)

I’m trying to run a Chivalry server under a linux dedicated server, almost everything works fine but wheneverI try to change the number of slots and the server name in the config file (“PCServer-UDKGame.ini” nothing happens ?
    The original server name stays the same (Dev Testing Serv), and the number of slots is still locked to 32.

I’m quite lost and I don’t know where to search anymore, so if anyone encountered this problem or knew how to solve it. I would really be glad and thankful of him for sharing his solution with the community.

Thanks.

• After running the start command i just get stuck at

Result of loading library libPhysXCooking.so: 0xabd0a00
    Result of loading library libPhysXCore.so: 0xabd0780

What do i need to do?

• Developer

@MrTimcakes said:

After running the start command i just get stuck at

Result of loading library libPhysXCooking.so: 0xabd0a00
    Result of loading library libPhysXCore.so: 0xabd0780

What do i need to do?

I’m going to assume this is related either to us *still *missing steam_appid.txt or *still *missing one of the steam .so files. Can you maybe try some of the previous solutions within this thread? I’ll take a look at it on a Linux VM tomorrow when I’m in the office. Unfortunately we don’t really regularly test the Linux server at the moment because we’re not using it for our own servers.

• @CrustaceanSoup I’ve made a steam_appid.txt in Binaries/Linux but that doesn’t fix it with 220070 or 219640. I’ve also copied steamclient.so from linux32 to Binaries/Linux/lib but to no avail.

I’ve also just had the same problem as @tatsujinichi where if I run “./chivalry/Binaries/Linux/UDKGameServer-Linux aocffa-moor_p?steamsockets?adminpassword=changeme?port=7000?queryport=7010 -seekfreeloadingserver” It deletes all of my scripts and steamcmd from my steamServers dir (One before ~/steamServers/chivalry) where steamcmd and the start and update scripts are. This doesn’t happen if I cd into the chivalry/Binaries/Linux directory first and then running the ./UDKGameServer-Linux command.

• Developer

@MrTimcakes said:

@CrustaceanSoup I’ve made a steam_appid.txt in Binaries/Linux but that doesn’t fix it with 220070 or 219640. I’ve also copied steamclient.so from linux32 to Binaries/Linux/lib but to no avail.

I’ve also just had the same problem as @tatsujinichi where if I run “./chivalry/Binaries/Linux/UDKGameServer-Linux aocffa-moor_p?steamsockets?adminpassword=changeme?port=7000?queryport=7010 -seekfreeloadingserver” It deletes all of my scripts and steamcmd from my steamServers dir (One before ~/steamServers/chivalry) where steamcmd and the start and update scripts are. This doesn’t happen if I cd into the chivalry/Binaries/Linux directory first and then running the ./UDKGameServer-Linux command.

Okay, so:

• That log output is completely normal. It looks worse than it is.
    • I have no idea why it’s deleting your files but that’s pretty odd. We probably did something weird and stupid that works in Windows but doesn’t work in Linux because working directory differences and blahblahblah. Sorry! Will log the bug but can’t guarantee priority.
    • It sounds like you’re doing everything right. If the port and queryport are getting forwarded, the server should show up on Steam. Is that what’s not happening, or is it something else?

I just tested this in a fairly near to stock Debian Jessie VM. I had to:

• Install libstdc++6:i386
    • copy steamclient.so from steam/linux32 into chivalry/Binaries/Linux/lib
    • create a steam_appid.txt with contents 219640

and that’s all. My new server shows on the server browser:

0_1457133203799_linuxserver.jpg

EDIT: Also, updated the first post with better / more comprehensive instructions and such.

• @CrustaceanSoup Oh that did it, the linux server still uses the /UDKGame/Config/PCServer-UDKGame.ini for settings right? It’s just I changed the servername= and it hasn’t taken any effect. Mods like GiantSlayers should work too right by appending -sdkfileid=226726898 launch command.
    Also to restrict the maps in the votemap do I have to define all the maps I’d like with Maplist=… under [AOC.AOCGame]?

EDIT: Got GiantSlayers to work by copying files from client UDKGame/CookedSDK/

• Bump. Which configs are the right ones for the Linux server? And how can I remove FFA maps from the map circulation?