Native Linux server available

• After running the start command i just get stuck at

[S_API FAIL] SteamAPI_Init() failed; SteamAPI_IsSteamRunning() failed.
    Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 220070
    Loading library: libPhysXCooking.so
    Result of loading library libPhysXCooking.so: 0xabd0a00
    Loading library: PhysXUpdateLoader.so
    ERROR: PhysXUpdateLoader.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    Result of loading library PhysXUpdateLoader.so: 0x0
    Loading library: libPhysXCore.so
    Result of loading library libPhysXCore.so: 0xabd0780

What do i need to do?

• Developer

@MrTimcakes said:

After running the start command i just get stuck at

[S_API FAIL] SteamAPI_Init() failed; SteamAPI_IsSteamRunning() failed.
    Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 220070
    Loading library: libPhysXCooking.so
    Result of loading library libPhysXCooking.so: 0xabd0a00
    Loading library: PhysXUpdateLoader.so
    ERROR: PhysXUpdateLoader.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    Result of loading library PhysXUpdateLoader.so: 0x0
    Loading library: libPhysXCore.so
    Result of loading library libPhysXCore.so: 0xabd0780

What do i need to do?

I’m going to assume this is related either to us *still *missing steam_appid.txt or *still *missing one of the steam .so files. Can you maybe try some of the previous solutions within this thread? I’ll take a look at it on a Linux VM tomorrow when I’m in the office. Unfortunately we don’t really regularly test the Linux server at the moment because we’re not using it for our own servers.

• @CrustaceanSoup I’ve made a steam_appid.txt in Binaries/Linux but that doesn’t fix it with 220070 or 219640. I’ve also copied steamclient.so from linux32 to Binaries/Linux/lib but to no avail.

I’ve also just had the same problem as @tatsujinichi where if I run “./chivalry/Binaries/Linux/UDKGameServer-Linux aocffa-moor_p?steamsockets?adminpassword=changeme?port=7000?queryport=7010 -seekfreeloadingserver” It deletes all of my scripts and steamcmd from my steamServers dir (One before ~/steamServers/chivalry) where steamcmd and the start and update scripts are. This doesn’t happen if I cd into the chivalry/Binaries/Linux directory first and then running the ./UDKGameServer-Linux command.

• Developer

@MrTimcakes said:

@CrustaceanSoup I’ve made a steam_appid.txt in Binaries/Linux but that doesn’t fix it with 220070 or 219640. I’ve also copied steamclient.so from linux32 to Binaries/Linux/lib but to no avail.

I’ve also just had the same problem as @tatsujinichi where if I run “./chivalry/Binaries/Linux/UDKGameServer-Linux aocffa-moor_p?steamsockets?adminpassword=changeme?port=7000?queryport=7010 -seekfreeloadingserver” It deletes all of my scripts and steamcmd from my steamServers dir (One before ~/steamServers/chivalry) where steamcmd and the start and update scripts are. This doesn’t happen if I cd into the chivalry/Binaries/Linux directory first and then running the ./UDKGameServer-Linux command.

Okay, so:

• That log output is completely normal. It looks worse than it is.
    • I have no idea why it’s deleting your files but that’s pretty odd. We probably did something weird and stupid that works in Windows but doesn’t work in Linux because working directory differences and blahblahblah. Sorry! Will log the bug but can’t guarantee priority.
    • It sounds like you’re doing everything right. If the port and queryport are getting forwarded, the server should show up on Steam. Is that what’s not happening, or is it something else?

I just tested this in a fairly near to stock Debian Jessie VM. I had to:

• Install libstdc++6:i386
    • copy steamclient.so from steam/linux32 into chivalry/Binaries/Linux/lib
    • create a steam_appid.txt with contents 219640

and that’s all. My new server shows on the server browser:

0_1457133203799_linuxserver.jpg

EDIT: Also, updated the first post with better / more comprehensive instructions and such.

• @CrustaceanSoup Oh that did it, the linux server still uses the /UDKGame/Config/PCServer-UDKGame.ini for settings right? It’s just I changed the servername= and it hasn’t taken any effect. Mods like GiantSlayers should work too right by appending -sdkfileid=226726898 launch command.
    Also to restrict the maps in the votemap do I have to define all the maps I’d like with Maplist=… under [AOC.AOCGame]?

EDIT: Got GiantSlayers to work by copying files from client UDKGame/CookedSDK/

• Bump. Which configs are the right ones for the Linux server? And how can I remove FFA maps from the map circulation?

• Hi there, can anyone please help me out with a simple script to restart my chivalry server automatically?

• Developer

@MrTimcakes said:

Bump. Which configs are the right ones for the Linux server? And how can I remove FFA maps from the map circulation?

Sorry, at GDC at the moment and was busy last week on things I wanted to get done before it, but I’ll get back to you.

• @CrustaceanSoup said:

@MrTimcakes said:

Bump. Which configs are the right ones for the Linux server? And how can I remove FFA maps from the map circulation?

Sorry, at GDC at the moment and was busy last week on things I wanted to get done before it, but I’ll get back to you.

I managed to get the server working and successfully connect however I too am having issues configuring the server. Editing the PCServer-UDKGame.ini did nothing. I even tired copying the entire config directory into a sub directory and adding a customconfig flag on the server startup but that did nothing either.

Also, I was able to get custom maps to work but I was unable to get custom mods such as Black Knight to work even after following the instructions. Here is my startup script I attempted.

./UDKGameServer-Linux AOCTO-MalricManor?modname=BlackKnight?dedicated=true?steamsockets?adminpassword=changeme?port=7000?queryport=7010?maxplayers=40 -sdkfileid=190055029 -sdkfileid=232823090 -seekfreeloadingserver

• I could never get blackknight working either.

• @MrTimcakes said:

I was able to successfully change my configs
    http://forums.tornbanner.com/topic/23345/configuring-linux-server/3

• @Natuli Thanks, I just edited the config then copy pasted it into the “~/.local/share/TornBanner/Chivalry/UDKGame/Config/PCServer-UDKGame.ini” file, This worked for me. Thanks

• Have problems creating a docker container for the linux server.
    Will add the repository:tag here if its complete.

I moved this to an own thread with way more details here:
    http://forums.tornbanner.com/topic/24142/linux-server-not-working