TIP : Unlock the 62 fps limit !

• The game has a fps limit of 62 , you can unlock it by editing one line in the baseengine.ini file

Its located in : steam/steamapps/common/chivalrymedievalwarfare/engine/config/baseengine.ini

open the baseengine.ini file with a text editor and search for smoothframe , default is set to TRUE just change it to FALSE.

save and startup game , you will notice the fps limit is gone.

I myself play with 120 fps.

Good luck :D

• YEah, only been about 20 topics on this already. :P

And may I ask what your specs are and what you’re running the game at?

• @Mkilbride:

YEah, only been about 20 topics on this already. :P

And may I ask what your specs are and what you’re running the game at?

20 ? ok , 21 now then.

win7 64 bit
    i7 2.8 ghz
    ati radeon 7850 HD 2 gb
    4 gigb ram ddr3

ingame settings medium/high all to true / vsync off

• Resolution?

• 1920x1080

• I’ve heard that even if it reports 120fps, that because of the Unreal 3 engine, you’re still capped to 90 fps, is this true? Kind of a low blow to 120hz users.

• No it’s not true. There are no limits if you choose to remove them.

• but….the eye just sees 25 fps :?

• @city_hunter:

but….the eye just sees 25 fps :?

Please, please, please do not keep this stupid rumor going.

• @city_hunter:

lol, what.

• @city_hunter:

It’s a myth. The eye does not actually see in frames.
    I see clear difference between 60 and 120 fps (provided you have a CRT monitor or an LCD with 120hz – which I do).

Anyway. Shame in-game fps is capped at 90 even if you unlock the smoothframerate. Main Menu-fps goes into the 100’s easily, though :/

• @city_hunter:

Can we please put this rumor to bed? The human eye can discern FPS differences well over 60fps and over 100 (depending on the person)

• @Goden:

@city_hunter:

Can we please put this rumor to bed? The human eye can discern FPS differences well over 60fps and over 100 (depending on the person)

If thats true, you’d see energy saving light bumbs and lighttubes flashing @ 50hz, did you ever? If not, the difference you think to see is in your head. I never hear people complaining about those lamps blinking like crazy, that would drive someone mad I imagine. I have to admit, that there’s a diference between 25 and higher frames. But if your eye is faster than 2ms/50hz, you’re a bird or have a rare mutation, congratulations. :) But you will never see a energy saving lighttube as continuously light.

• This eye discussion is completely off topic. I’ll end it with this if you really really want to think about it: http://www.100fps.com/how_many_frames_c … ns_see.htm

The human eye seeing low ‘frames per second’ (if you want to call it that) is completely unrelated to what computers can produce and what you see in the real world, hence why you see more fluid movement well up to 300 frames or cycles per second, so, it can matter to some people.

You’re free to take it to off-topic.

• Actually I’d like to get back ON topic, somewhat :)
    Is there any chance that the upper limit to multiplayer fps will get lifted? 90 fps max, even with smoothframes is FALSE, is still a bit below what my rig can put out and monitor can show. Is it a hard limit set by the unreal engine itself?

• Documents\My Games\Chivalry Medieval Warfare\UDKGame\Config\UDKEngine.ini

bSmoothFrameRate=TRUE
    MinSmoothedFrameRate=0
    MaxSmoothedFrameRate=120

Using this doesn’t limit me to 90fps. I’m not sure where that number seems to be coming from exactly.

• @Martin:

This eye discussion is completely off topic. I’ll end it with this if you really really want to think about it: http://www.100fps.com/how_many_frames_c … ns_see.htm

The human eye seeing low ‘frames per second’ (if you want to call it that) is completely unrelated to what computers can produce and what you see in the real world, hence why you see more fluid movement well up to 300 frames or cycles per second, so, it can matter to some people.

You’re free to take it to off-topic.

Thanks for updating my knowledge. As you see in my first post, I wasn’t aware of that difference

• @Martin:

Documents\My Games\Chivalry Medieval Warfare\UDKGame\Config\UDKEngine.ini

bSmoothFrameRate=TRUE
    MinSmoothedFrameRate=0
    MaxSmoothedFrameRate=120

Using this doesn’t limit me to 90fps. I’m not sure where that number seems to be coming from exactly.

Because in ALL other Unreal Engine 3.0 games, it is capped @ 90 in MP.

• Hi, I have tried setting it to 122 and setting to false and it wont work. still capped at 62

• @city_hunter:

I’ve always wondered, where did this come from? Either it’s not true or I am just totally awesome and have super eyesight lol, because I totally notice a difference between 25 and 60 as do most people.