Nvidia 3D Vision, GTX 980 and Chivalry

• So does anyone play with Nvidia’s 3D Vision glasses and set up? I just got that Asus 144Hz monitor and considering on investing in it instead of an Occulus rift. Curious to hear anyone’s experiences.

I also picked up an EVGA GTX980. It is an amazing GPU but is currently bugged with micro-stuttering and other minor irritations and waiting for a much needed driver patch. The combination of the 144Hz monitor and the GTX980 is pretty sick and considering on getting two more of these monitors for full stereo and 3D play. Would probably need another GTX980 in SLI to run the extra monitors.

• I don’t use the 3D mode (don’t have the glasses, etc) but you can download lightboost by BlurBusters which basically tricks your monitor into turning on 3D mode (of sorts) and gets rid of frame blur. Really handy if you want the most out of your new monitor.

• 3D adds nothing to this game but there are lots of good games to play in 3D. I like the goggles but I don’t really use them much because Chivalry. 3D works great for BF4 though

• @Retsnom:

So does anyone play with Nvidia’s 3D Vision glasses and set up? I just got that Asus 144Hz monitor and considering on investing in it instead of an Occulus rift. Curious to hear anyone’s experiences.

I also picked up an EVGA GTX980. It is an amazing GPU but is currently bugged with micro-stuttering and other minor irritations and waiting for a much needed driver patch. The combination of the 144Hz monitor and the GTX980 is pretty sick and considering on getting two more of these monitors for full stereo and 3D play. Would probably need another GTX980 in SLI to run the extra monitors.

I haven’t tried 3D glasses yet but I have the same monitor as you and I’m currently debating on GTX980 or Titan X. What resolution do you play Chivalry in and what kind of framerate do you get with your 980?

Also, did those stuttering issues ever get resolved with a driver patch?

• Still have to play the game on low for good FPS with a GTX 980. Would be fun in 3d though. My BenQ does the same thing

• I am running most settings on full settings but not all. Most are turned off in Chiv because the AA and ansiotropic settings suck in game but turned on in the Nvidia Control Panel. I run 120fps @ 1920x1080 solid on most all maps but this last patch ha s brought back some stuttering with Vsync on. I used to run without Vsync but the screen tearing, I just cannot handle it any more. What I am noticing the most besides the stuttering is aliasing of patterns and objects in the distance along with some shimmering at mid range and far away that I just cannot seem to get rid of no matter how I tweak it.

Not really interested in the 3d glasses so much unless I was getting back into flight simulators again or those type of games so I dunno. If the price comes down I may get a set but would rather drop more on CPU or another GTX980 if that price comes down. A lot will depend on the price of the Titan but I might also get another 2 of those 144hz monitors. So I dunno

• The 144hz monitor with 120fps should eliminate the screen tearing shouldn’t it?

Also what kind of CPU do you currently have?

Titan X dropped today and I’m tempted to grab one.

• @Caliko:

The 144hz monitor with 120fps should eliminate the screen tearing shouldn’t it?

Also what kind of CPU do you currently have?

Titan X dropped today and I’m tempted to grab one.

No that doesnt elimiate screen tearing, Vsync does but it tends to introduce micro stuttering during heavy combat or with a full server at 24+ I got on a full 36 player server, which is rare for me as I prefer 24 or less and there was lots of stutter in heavy combat some to the point where the animations just stopped. I was still wrecking but graphically it was annoying. I would still get 120 FPS but the stuttering is almost unacceptable and it seems to have increased after the last patch. I am also visually sensitive to Graphic issues like texture flickers, jaggies from aliasing and texture pattern shimmering in the distance. Ruins is specially bad with distance of the deck boards shimmering when you move.

I have an I7 4770 OC to 4.5 and 8 gigs of ram which should crush Chiv but sadly it doenst and I have not been able to find the right settings and tweaks to get the game to look amazing and still take advantage of the 120 fps/144hz monitor. Trust me it is shit tons better than with my old GTX560ti but I managed to remove all the stuttering and still get a solid 60 fps but most everything was off.

I have room for 3 SLI and if the Titan X came in around current 980 prices then the 980 would drop in price and it might be worth getting a second. I have also considered using my GTX560ti for physics but I think the single 980 would still out perform it.

• Have you looked into G-Sync?

• I just bought a ASUS VG248QE Black 24 144hz with the 1ms refresh rate. Not sure I am ready to drop that kind of money for another monitor. Apparently there is a G-Sync DIY upgrade kit available that might be worth looking into. I am fairly tech savvy so it might not be that bad of a mod. After looking, it looks like that mod is no longer available. Bummer.

• The DIY kit is no longer available? Wonder why <insert sarcasm="">… I wouldn’t have a problem sending my ASUS VG248QE somewhere to get modded either if possible.

If I could, I would return it and invest the refund toward one of these two but I’m passed the 30 day return policy.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236405

http://www.amazon.com/BenQ-G-SYNC-24-Inch-Monitor-XL2420G/dp/B00MUT6SLE

Oh well. The ASUS VG248QE is going to make an amazing secondary monitor if I ever need a new one.</insert>

• I dunno, I watched the DIY videos and it was retarded simple so I see no reason not to offer it. I may look into a PCB board replacement at a TV repair shop if they can get the part and it is cost effective. But those monitors are almost 2x the price for an additional chipset and not sure they are worth the extra frames or smoothness.

After looking further the Titan X = $1000 and the 144hz, 1ms, G-sync monitor=$800 Ummm yeah not dropping that kind of cash