My Conversion Story

• After being an Atheist most of my life, I’ve decided to rededicate myself to the faith. I have been persuaded.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0NJGENMu7Q

• After watching 5 minutes of this video I rededicated myself to OGJesus

• I think I lost brain cells watching that… And I’m actually a Christian myself, not an Atheist.

• I have never met Christian brony.

• @lemonater47:

I have never met Christian brony.

That’s interesting… Though honestly, I consider myself to be a Christian as I do believe in the general religion. I just don’t blindly follow every single thing in the bible nor believe every story, thing said, etc. I just believe in the generalization of the religion.

But hey, just my belief. I don’t care too much really about it and simply just try to live a good life, helping others and being happy myself.

• You’re not really a Christian then. Real fundamental Christians would probably call you a sinner and execute you like the bible says too. In modern times with science and the internet, Christianity is more of a social thing that people are raised into than an actual believable theocracy with power. Christians used to have all the power over life and death but luckily people like you came along and said “let’s follow the good parts and drop the bullshit.” The next step is asking yourself why you even bother following the bible at all and don’t just make your own decisions. For most people it comes back to the social aspect, where you have to be Christian or your community will ostricize you. When you realize how hypocritical the whole thing is, and reach a higher level of enlightenment where you are your own god, I will welcome you into the ranks of the fedora wearing Atheists.

But since you’re in the middle ground where you don’t care one way or the other, and just call.yourself Christian because you’re used to it and never really think about it, I’d say to continue in your blissful ignorance. Personally I love to represent Jesus just for the irony. Jesus is my nigga. He’s a good wholesome, peace loving nigga like me.

• I’m not ignorant… And it isn’t because of ignorance or that I don’t care… (I really meant that I don’t care much for religion topics myself). I just believe I am a Christian as I do believe in a God, as well as in Jesus Christ. I also believe there is a Devil, Hell, Heaven, and many other things. I will also follow some things in the Bible but I just won’t blindly follow everything in the Bible.

I won’t be like “Oh, you are not a Christian! You are going to hell!” or “You are gay! You are going to hell!” or crap like that. I believe, no matter which religion, what your sexuality is, etc that you can still go to Heaven if you were a good human being in life. (That’s just an example that came to my head). There are other things I won’t, so to say, go “crazy” about that is in the Bible.

• @Jusey1:

I won’t be like “Oh, you are not a Christian! You are going to hell!” or “You are gay! You are going to hell!” or crap like that. I believe, no matter which religion, what your sexuality is, etc that you can still go to Heaven if you were a good human being in life. (That’s just an example that came to my head)

At this point, why even use the label “Christian” and not “theist”? If you were born in any other country or time period, you would adopt whatever religion is popular there. You’re a Christian because of circumstance; your parents happened to be Christian. I think you just believe in a personal god, and like so many others, you only use the Christian label out of necessity, because your family and friends would be upset if you called yourself something else.

Your personal values determine your entire outlook on life and decision-making process. When people say they’re not that interested or concerned about their religion, I’m always dumbfounded how you can disregard all that. Your beliefs are everything after all.

• Eh… I guess you have a point there. I may only be a “Christian” because it was how I was grown up (even though I really dislike my life growing up).

Either way, I guess it doesn’t really matter what label I use. As long as my beliefs are still there, I think I’m fine. I do know one thing for sure, my beliefs are my own. Yes, I may have started with Christianity but I’ve grown more into my own beliefs, after questioning the religion which my parents attempted to force me into.

• It’s all up to you as an individual to make your own decisions in life based on your own logic and morality. You obviously have the courage to stand by those beliefs based on the horsey avatar, so just remember not to bow to any bullshit dogma if you don’t agree with it. Keep your critical thinking skills closer than your emotional religious beliefs.

• “Horsey avatar” made me laugh a little. (Though honestly, my pony avatar isn’t because of me liking MLP but because that is my own personal character that I’ve created. I use him to symbolize me online).

Anyways, I know. My decisions, my life, etc. I get a bit aggressive when people try to push me into a lifestyle that is theirs, and not of mine. So ye’, you are correct about my courage… Though I consider it more as loyalty. I am very loyal to myself, my word, my friends, and my family.

• It’s tough when your entire family is Christian and you think differently. That has been my situation my entire life, and of course I love my family. Granted, they are more “modern” and not really the fundamentalist types, but they identify with the Christian religion specifically because they believe Jesus Christ is the only way to heaven. I think that’s the fundamental distinction between calling oneself a Christian and calling oneself a mere theist.

It’s also silly to me, because you could live your entire life as a good person (even better than a lot of Christians) but you will still go to hell because you didn’t do that one thing - accepting Christ as your savior. Wouldn’t a person’s actions in life mean more than simply subscribing to the label? That’s something I’ve always struggled with.

• @Jusey1:

I do believe in a God, as well as in Jesus Christ. I also believe there is a Devil, Hell, Heaven, and many other things.

I’ve never really bothered to try and understand religion/spirituality, but now I’m curious. Why do you believe in all of these things?
    (This question is coming from a guy who doesn’t believe in afterlife, spirits, bad luck, or pretty much anything spiritual, so explain it like I’m a four year old)

• Normally I’m an Atheist, but things like having to bike against the wind every single time I use my bike, no matter what direction I’m going and what time I’m leaving, are moments when it’s impossible for me not to believe in a higher power. (who is a complete jerk)

• @Rickvs:

Normally I’m an Atheist, but things like having to bike against the wind every single time I use my bike, no matter what direction I’m going and what time I’m leaving, are moments when it’s impossible for me not to believe in a higher power. (who is a complete jerk)

He’s got it out for you man!

And btw Lejosh, if the only thing that can get you into heaven is a label, then their god is a silly, unjust dictator not worth believing in anyway. Just relax and don’t worry about ACCEPT CHRIST all the time. They want you to worry. All religions pander in fear and propaganda. Why do you think we turned to science? Religion is all about creating fear, and then bartering in false hope. And Religious leaders are master barters.

• @Oy:

Religion is all about creating fear, and then bartering in false hope. And Religious leaders are master barters.

Amen

/10char

• @lejosh:

It’s also silly to me, because you could live your entire life as a good person (even better than a lot of Christians) but you will still go to hell because you didn’t do that one thing - accepting Christ as your savior. Wouldn’t a person’s actions in life mean more than simply subscribing to the label? That’s something I’ve always struggled with.

I wondered that myself for a long time and did some research to compare the Abrahamistic religions (Judaism, Christianity and Islam) who all three supposedly share the same source. I’ve come to find that Judaism doesn’t say much about the afterlife as Islam and Christianity. Judaism, Christianity, Islam all agree that in some cases people who don’t believe can actually go to heaven based on their deeds, it basically comes down to the judgement of God and no human.

Christianity : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCsvrbZW4oE

Islam : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqZpNj76HtI

• Yeah but have you heard?

• No Retsnom, I have not heard. Could you share the word?

• Everybody knows that the bird is the word.