Would you like to see a MAJOR bugfix/ balance patch?

• I can’t be the only one who is fed up with Torn Banner. Add your voices to mine! Only by overwhelming numbers can we get Torn Banner to get up off their lazy asses and FIX THE GAME!

Reference these two threads for an extensive list of problems with the game, feel free to add your own:

http://forums.tornbanner.com/showthread.php/22759-Please-please-PLEASE-for-crying-out-loud-can-we-have-a-balance-bugfix-patch-!!!

http://forums.tornbanner.com/showthread.php/22710-game-balance-for-a-lot-of-stuff

• Balance is a very delicate matter but some of the existing bugs should big fixed like immediately.

• make me balance lead 4 archerinos please

• I’m not sure there is anything that everyone agrees is OP or UP.

• All weapons are OP. All weapons are UP. Clearly

• this is kind of a no-brainer question.

• Out with the old bugs, in with the new, I say.

• I major patch would take 4 months and introduce more bugs. I would rather they did smaller patches more regularly. As for balance not sure there is really much to do. Some lesser weapons could do with some love but a lot of the balance comes from other changes not specific to individual weapons.

• There are still some gameplay bugs, minor map fixes but for the rest its good.

• So I was just killed by an invisible archer in melee. I don’t even…

• I think Tibbs needs to make another big thread on all the big important issues like he did a year ago or so.

• Hittrading is OP and need nerf imo

• @nedsat:

Balance is a very delicate matter but some of the existing bugs should big fixed like immediately.

like immediately like 2 years ago

• @Vanguard:

Hittrading is OP and need nerf imo

if you download a speedhack you can flinch people out of their feints reliably

• It’s a bit pathetic how there are all the bugs that go on for so long without being fixed. Even small shit like like showing objective completed/failed incorrectly on some TO maps. Very minor issue but when these things go on for so long without being addressed it really makes the low maintenance of this game stand out. I’ve always tried to be supportive and defensive of TB where others often just spray them with criticism without being constructive. But it gets bloody hard to stay supportive when there are bugs that have been around for fucking months and still haven’t been addressed. It’s a very bad look for the game.

• Voted no because it’s the only option.

If you voted yes, you’ve been tricked by words. MAJOR bugfix/balance patches do not exist for Chivalry, and any attempt to prove otherwise has been met with failure.

This game receives lateral patchwork, meaning it’s moved from the arena of awful to the neighboring arena of fail… sometimes worse, sometimes better, but always within the confines of broken/inconsistent.

Even when the surface or initial presentation after a patch feels positive, there’s always some buttfuck lurking around the corner, just waiting to be discovered.

I can understand how some of the newcomers might believe in this game, that it has more to offer than a casual/comical Medieval experience. These threads clearly demonstrate this sentiment.

I’ve been here since day one (2000+ hours between videos and gaming), so I feel kind of obligated to save you some time: You’re wasting energy caring about this game. I was in your exact same shoes, on several different occasions… it all comes back down to a buggy, inconsistent mess eventually. It’s just the way the game is and has always been.

Honestly, this game is beyond salvaging. I’m just hopeful Torn Burlesque actually works hard/smart, hires competent/skilled staff and executes their next project professionally instead of just skating by on premise alone.

• hexen i understand your butthurt very well but if you feel that way you really need to let go and move forward, these forums are only going to serve to make you sadder and sadder about those 2000 hours you feel you wasted and i would hate for u to do something drastic, 83 days is a lot but you can get through this, i hope you feel better

aside from that i hope there’s a major fix, i would ultimately like to keep logging on and playing once in awhile but as it stands the game isn’t in a great state compared to some of its previous moments.

• @zombojoe:

if you download a speedhack you can flinch people out of their feints reliably

But hacking is evil zombo! You go to hell and make Jesus sad man, you don’t want to be a gutless blasphemer right

@H:

Voted no because it’s the only option.

If you voted yes, you’ve been tricked by words. MAJOR bugfix/balance patches do not exist for Chivalry, and any attempt to prove otherwise has been met with failure.

This game receives lateral patchwork, meaning it’s moved from the arena of awful to the neighboring arena of fail… sometimes worse, sometimes better, but always within the confines of broken/inconsistent.

Even when the surface or initial presentation after a patch feels positive, there’s always some buttfuck lurking around the corner, just waiting to be discovered.

I can understand how some of the newcomers might believe in this game, that it has more to offer than a casual/comical Medieval experience. These threads clearly demonstrate this sentiment.

I’ve been here since day one (2000+ hours between videos and gaming), so I feel kind of obligated to save you some time: You’re wasting energy caring about this game. I was in your exact same shoes, on several different occasions… it all comes back down to a buggy, inconsistent mess eventually. It’s just the way the game is and has always been.

Honestly, this game is beyond salvaging. I’m just hopeful Torn Burlesque actually works hard/smart, hires competent/skilled staff and executes their next project professionally instead of just skating by on premise alone.

But but Hexen… This game has so much potential man. SO MUCH POTENTIAL, I mean, if you think about it this melee system is groundbreaking revolutionary man, can and imo will create a new genre of competitive game.

Maybe we should just wait for Slasher/Chivalry 2 idk.

• @H:

You’re wasting energy caring about this game. I was in your exact same shoes, on several different occasions… it all comes back down to a buggy, inconsistent mess eventually. It’s just the way the game is and has always been.

This. Every player realises this sooner or later.

Would say a series of smaller, well tested patches would be a safer bet than letting TB loose with a huge list of changes that mess the game up even more.