Community made voice packs vetted by TB

• Hi I’m sorry if this has already been suggested but I just had this awesome idea.

I and others have already suggested having more voices, now I’m thinking voicepacks made by the community (and vetted by TB, of course).

If TB would list every single voice command required in the game to make a voice pack (that would all the commands after z, x, being hit, swinging a sword, dying by sword/oil pot etc, and the number of variations for each) and then made it possible for members of the public to contribute voice packs, say as a zip file of mp3’s or whatever format is required, with say a youtube demonstration/audition of it, I think it could be quite fun. A voice pack competition! Influenced by youtube upvotes but ultimately vetted by TB.

Approved (i.e. the awesome most entertaining) voice packs for whatever class could be available for free (or paid DLC), and it would add a bit of spice to the game. The actors/drunkards within us can also exercise our creativity!

Of course, I’m not a game dev, so that’s probably much harder than I realise to implement, but it’s just a thought for the future.

Love dis game. Thank you brother.

• Damned easy to implement. YouTube would not be the best way. With subscribers and everything not to mention YouTube slaughtering quality.

One slight problem with the entire idea.

Game would crash for everyone in 32 bit mode. RAM usage. Voices use a lot of it. So I’m told.

What they need to do is get the current voice actors to voice new Team objective command lines for the new maps. Now they say they can’t do that becuase of RAM either. That’s quite frankly is complete bullshit.

• You can take my voice ! The idea is cool. I’d already think TB could add more and more voice commands. This would be cool.

• @lemonater47:

Game would crash for everyone in 32 bit mode. RAM usage. Voices use a lot of it.

The only change would be the variety of voices though. Let’s say you have 20 players in a game. Now they have up to 8 different voices between them, but still 20 overall. Let’s say a new voice pack was added for each faction/class. Now you have up to 16 different voices, but still 20 overall.

Unless that is your whole point lol.

• We could have auditions for alt skins voices.

• Am I the only one that found the Masson voices is not that much … interesting to hear compare to those Agathian one ? I don’t feel the Hate in their voices and if there’s a side that you should feel the hate, agressivity and intensity it’s the Masson. It’s more like ‘‘our Masson voice actor was prety tierd today so he butch the result’’ And, TB, even took the recorded voice to put in-game.

I’ll make a video to show you what masson voice should really be. With my personnal voice. I’ll show you what I have in mind.

• @Msamplitude:

Am I the only one that found the Masson voices is not that much … interesting to hear compare to those Agathian one ? I don’t feel the Hate in their voices and if there’s a side that you should feel the hate, agressivity and intensity it’s the Masson. It’s more like ‘‘our Masson voice actor was prety tierd today so he butch the result’’ And, TB, even took the recorded voice to put in-game.

I’ll make a video to show you what masson voice should really be. With my personnal voice. I’ll show you what I have in mind.

Mason Archer and MAA voices are perfect as they are.

• @Msamplitude:

I don’t feel the Hate in their voices and if there’s a side that you should feel the hate, agressivity and intensity it’s the Masson. It’s more like ‘‘our Masson voice actor was prety tierd today so he butch the result’’ And, TB, even took the recorded voice to put in-game.

But it’s so adorable when the Mason Archer lets out that sort of… almost childlike laugh only to get his head blown to little confetti a mere moment later.

• @KingGhidorah:

The only change would be the variety of voices though. Let’s say you have 20 players in a game. Now they have up to 8 different voices between them, but still 20 overall. Let’s say a new voice pack was added for each faction/class. Now you have up to 16 different voices, but still 20 overall.

Unless that is your whole point lol.

Thats not how it works. The game currently loads 8 voices it doesn’t matter how many players there are. 8 voices with 22 lines with up to 18 variations of each line. Now I don’t know if it loads all objective voices regardless of the map it it just loads them with the map which would make sense. It has to store it all somewhere.

Adding 8 more doubles it all. It has to keep all those voices in the RAM. Voice files can be quite large. For example GTA V on PC needs 65GB of hard drive space. Most of that is uncompressed audio.

I would like more voices too. But its impossible apparently.

• Doesn’t it suck that everyone’s favorite feature to the game cannot be expanded upon? I would hope TB is at least looking into a way of adding to this area.

• @Msamplitude:

Am I the only one that found the Masson voices is not that much … interesting to hear compare to those Agathian one ?

Probably. The Mason MAA is the funniest character in the game and the Mason Knight the most sinister.

@Slaughtervomit:

Doesn’t it suck that everyone’s favorite feature to the game cannot be expanded upon? I would hope TB is at least looking into a way of adding to this area.

At the least, if they’re making Chivalry 2, I hope they realize how much of a positive impact the voices have had in CMW and make every effort to keep that aspect at the same level of quality or even improve it for the potential sequel.

• Voices are great. Chivalry hands down has the best voice acting in any multiplayer game.

Btw if anyone does want to be a voice actor in a game please PM me. It ain’t gonna be chivalry.

• Team Fortress 2 has better voices. One thing TF2 has that’s especially cool is when you look at someone with a melee weapon and taunt them it actually does class-specific taunts. Interactive details like that add a lot to immersion.

• @Msamplitude:

Am I the only one that found the Masson voices is not that much … interesting to hear compare to those Agathian one ? I don’t feel the Hate in their voices and if there’s a side that you should feel the hate, agressivity and intensity it’s the Masson. It’s more like ‘‘our Masson voice actor was prety tierd today so he butch the result’’ And, TB, even took the recorded voice to put in-game.

Mason MAA, Archer and Knight are fine imo, I lmao everytime a mason knight pass by me and goes “KEEP RUNNING FOOL”, every “foward” command from him is awesome, also the “help” one is pretty funny when you are about to die to that delayed maul overhead, his laughs are gud too imo. Oh I was almost forgetting, there is this too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMhMwhFGiI4.
    Mason vanguard has the best warcry imo, noobs get intimidated everytime, also I like to run around screaming “GAAARRD MEEE”… Never gets old

I believe the aghata vanguard has some over the top stuff when he screams for help for example, but its also one of the most funny at the same time, the laugh is gud, “defend me”, “you’re welcome” and “behind you” are the best imo. The one I like the less is the aghata MAA.

• new class with new voice please tb

• Mason Knight is the most badass voice in the game. Every one of his voice commands are great. I think he has the best battlecries too. Agatha Vanguard is another favorite of mine. The laughs are the fuckin best, they sound insane and intimidating, especially love “Ehahahahughahaa, that’s blasphemy!”. Always spamming laugh as him. His taunts are pretty funny too. All the voices are really well done, that’s something TB should really be proud of in this game, and thank god they can’t ruin it after the fact… Hope they’re just as good or better in the next game.

And they really needa add new voices for the new TO maps… or at least use existing voices where it’s the same objective, like pushing the cart n shit.

• I’d be down to record for chivalry. I have access to a professional sound studio and I’ve been told my voice is quite… chivalrous.