Is this normal?

• my ping is 72 to 80 and enemy ping is 36 to 40 in this video. keep in mind shit like this happens to me in almost every game… would just like some confirmation from some highrank lowpingers if this is their kind of average ffa match or if it’s a problem exclusive to highpingers.

video here

if the video isn’t 720p60 when you’re watching it, be patient. probably still processing

p.s. you can see a lot of my reverses go through people in the video for unexplainable reasons…

• I don’t know the frequency of any of those occasions but my ping is usually at around 24 - 48 and I get the exact same from time to time.
    Some of the clips though, could be blamed on drags.

I’d say what happens in your video is 50% lag and 50% Chivalry just being Chivalry.

• @Rickvs:

I don’t know the frequency of any of those occasions but my ping is usually at around 24 - 48 and I get the exact same from time to time.
    Some of the clips though, could be blamed on drags.

I’d say what happens in your video is 50% lag and 50% Chivalry just being Chivalry.

I see. But like the insta lookdown at around 1:00 - that shit isn’t supposed to happen, is it? I pressed RMB instantly after to parry his lookdown (any rank 50+ or even 40+ can see what he was going for, I’m not retarded) but it did nothing. I don’t know if the blocking animation is slower than parrying animation but I’ve had the same thing happen to me when I wasn’t using a shield so clearly something’s fucky.

And to add to the frequency thing, like I said I get these in every match when my ping is above 72. No exceptions. I can do well against lowranks who don’t know what they’re doing but when you get highranks with a basic understanding of drags, weird things start to happen lol.

• The thingy at 1:17 happens quite a lot, all of a sudden it hits instantly. My ping is usually 56-72.

• @Rickvs:

1234/10chars

• 1:35 and 1:42 are normal desyncs. He’s not actually parry “riposteing” at that speed.

• lol such a fooking painful fov man. i wish tbs would lock fov just to spare you minmaxers from using this crap, and to spare us from watching your point of view

i watched you using the tower shield and then i just plain and simple had to stop, but those moments seemed like pretty standard chivalry to me. a lot of times you’re blocking straight forward and your opponent is strafing/“wrapping” the weapon around your side, garnering a hit. it looks weird here because of your fov i do believe.

try focusing more on blocking the tip of the weapon, as opposed to repeatedly trying to be a whirlwind barbarian and score backswings lol

• @Jon:

I see. But like the insta lookdown at around 1:00 - that shit isn’t supposed to happen, is it? I pressed RMB instantly after to parry his lookdown (any rank 50+ or even 40+ can see what he was going for, I’m not retarded) but it did nothing. I don’t know if the blocking animation is slower than parrying animation but I’ve had the same thing happen to me when I wasn’t using a shield so clearly something’s fucky.

And to add to the frequency thing, like I said I get these in every match when my ping is above 72. No exceptions. I can do well against lowranks who don’t know what they’re doing but when you get highranks with a basic understanding of drags, weird things start to happen lol.

In my experience you only block that shit parring a bit earlier then you normally would

Most of the others I believe was people hitting you on your sides, looks like shit indeed but on you opponent perspective is not so bad. When I think weird shit is happening I ask my opponent what he just did, and if it looked normal to him, so on my perspective looks like my weapon phased through him for example, but on his end he clearly saw me missing. Same with these overheads that I believe I fucking parried it right but then my opponent “no mang I hit in your in the back of your feet its all gud”

That was a beautiful matrix btw

• Some of them you can see going round your block, but the other ones are just caused by your ping, which you admit is high; probably looked legit on their screens. They all look like normal chiv things, tbh, except your FOV, which gave me aids.

• Hard to say because your FoV is so wide, but I think most of the time it was lag or you just not turning enough into blocks. Low ping doesn’t always equal to a good connection in this game. I can’t even count the times I have seen a 12-24 ping have horrible packet loss or an actual ping of 150-200 ms. There is a bug in the game that sometimes shows horrible laggers as having 8-24 ping (almost always 16) when everyone else’s is somewhere around 40-60. Usually the server list ping just isn’t a really good indicator of connection quality.

Those weird pseudo overheads tell me either you, him or the server is lagging.

I have blasted an accelerated overhead riposte “through” my opponent’s shield hundreds of times with good connections all around, even when they raised their shields immediately after getting parried. I just think the servers in this game run like shit most of the time and have a simulation rate/fps (don’t confuse this with client fps) of somewhere around 30 at best, so it can easily deceive you at 120hz+ when only 1/4-1/3 of the frames are accurate.

• ya my game is retarded with that ping too

• Only gets worse and more common at 90+ ping. From there, you will be flinched in release using any weapon slower than .45 windups and you will not be able to reliably flinch anyone else, including maul overheads.