Flinch should stop release time

• Or does it? I’ve sometimes the feeling, that when I get hit in release the times add to each other so I can easily get hit again by a combo, cause I’m still unable to parry.

Edit:
    Hm, maybe I didn’t explain my intention well in my first post, but actually I meant to say, that when flinch time is over, your character should immediatly return to idle state regardless of the former state. I didn’t what to set another FHF discussion loose.

• Same here, but I suppose it’s hard noticing the difference between this and just getting hit inbetween riposte combos.

Crushed’s idea of just bypassing the recovery timer altogether when you get a kill might be worth mentioning.

• @INerevar:

Or does it? I’ve sometimes the feeling, that when I get hit in release the times add to each other so I can easily get hit again by a combo, cause I’m still unable to parry.

Oh Ive felt that so many times I will get flinched and I cant even parry before the combo followup hits me, especially when they press forward with a lookdown overhead. It seems to be most obvious with a javelin which has a long recovery.

Flinch should cancel any remaining release and recovery times so you can at least parry the next attack.

TBS hire Crushed.

• if you get hit at the end of someones release they can hit you at the early stage of their combo, kinda obvious.

• @Rickvs:

Same here, but I suppose it’s hard noticing the difference between this and just getting hit inbetween riposte combos.

Crushed’s idea of just bypassing the recovery timer altogether when you get a kill might be worth mentioning.

absolutely…except i dunno about a kill, just a succesful hit…this makes 1vN’s kinda retarded atm. all one guy has to do is hit trade your riposte (you being the 1) and since he broke your combo with that trade, the other guy gets a free hit. the alternative is just pipping til youre out of stam or teamm8s save your ass

• Flinch times are fine… hit trading is not. Should try switching flinch to the feint window instead of the full windup or something (since TB would never implement FHF). It would be a step in the right direction.

• when u hit someone u should go straight back to idle if you want, and parry should force you into idle immediatly

• @CRUSHED:

when u hit someone u should go straight back to idle if you want, and parry should force you into idle immediatly

this alone would make 2v1s way more feasable

• And would also give the player who hits first a massive advantage in 1v1.

• @lemonater47:

And would also give the player who hits first a massive advantage in 1v1.

Player who hits first already has a massive advantage in 1v1…?

• @Kreittis:

Player who hits first already has a massive advantage in 1v1…?

#LemonLogic

• “And would also give the player who hits first a massive advantage in 1v1.”

lol i’m sorry but wtf

• Currently, in a hit trade, who ever hits first ends up losing initiative. (the person who hit second can attack again before the person who hit first)

This means if you have the health to spare, and you have a heavier weapon, you should always hit trade.
    This is because of several reasons.
    1: you take more of his health than he takes of yours.
    2: it is very easy to do && no risk of getting feinted.
    3: if he feints, you get a free hit. (if he is really fast he might parry, still better for you)
    4: you get initiative on the next attack

Point 4 deserves more explanation. Precise timings aside, your flinch period ends before his does, and you will most likely be able to hit him first should he try to trade again, unless his weapon is massively faster. If you can 2HTK him, this becomes a very powerful strategy.

food for thought /
    This becomes even stronger when you manage to get a head shot. And since he is focusing on hitting you, he won’t be moving around a lot, so getting a head shot should be reasonably easy.

• @lemonater47:

And would also give the player who hits first a massive advantage in 1v1.

You mean, like you get hit in a 1x1 and the guy will have advantage because he can parry/feint/attack you? You could always use the kick. Kick is good to give you back the initiative and then you would be at health disadvantage only, because you fucked up on your opponent first attack.

But really I’m failing to see where it would be bad. I don’t think you made that clear enough.

• @Vanguard:

But really I’m failing to see where it would be bad. I don’t think you made that clear enough.

It would mean players with above average reflexes can gamble all day with a fast weapon and then instantly parry after they hit you to avoid the hittrade that should have been unavoidable a fraction of a second later.

I don’t know if that kind of stuff is already possible with Parry in Recovery, a mechanic a lot of players always seem to forget about, but it probably isn’t to such an extreme degree.

Don’t get me wrong though, timing your attack so well that it would damage and immediately parry afterwards will require a load of practice, but from the opponent’s end it’s gonna seem absolutely retarded and probably unbalanced too.

• these forums boggle my mind sometimes

• Stamina is what I meant. Unless you mean that if you do succesfully hit someone, immediately return to idle and immediately act it does cost extra stamina.

Its essentially cutting out CFtP. That’s what it is. CFtP without the stamina lose. Except by the way crushed worded it you can cut out the end of release too. “Go back to idle if you want”. You could cut out the entire release phase with an accelerated strike. Hit them immediately after windup and immediately parry in the 0.1 seconds it takes for you to push the button. Potentially hitting people twice in 0.9 seconds no combo with a parry in the middle.

• Can you please come back to the topic?

• It’s still on topic though, Lemon is somewhat right here however, going back to idle or bypassing the rest of release to start a new combo would not work with the 0.9 flinch timers. Cutting release is silly, perhaps it works in slasher with the rest of its mechanics, but this isn’t slasher. I would however not mind being able to ‘recovery parry’ after a successful hit on one of my opponents, also as the old recovery parry no riposte should be possible after it.
    Flinching the whole release is also a bit too much in my opinion, the first 0.2 seconds of a 1h and the first 0.4 of a 2h is maybe a better solution. But tbh FHF is better than the gamble cavemen meta going on right now so I’d rather have that.

• FHF WHEN?

WHEN?