Flinch should stop release time

• Ok, I’ve been gone for a while but, when did maul become best knight weapon? Are you guys serious.

• @gndo:

Ok, I’ve been gone for a while but, when did maul become best knight weapon? Are you guys serious.

messer is the best knight weapon

• Nothing spells b0l0nce like 4 out of 5 attacks doing lethal on a hit trade to half the classes in the game.

• @zombojoe:

the reason thats a lot of attention for one player is because maul is a high risk high reward weapon, working exactly as intended

messer and SoW on the other hand are much lower risk

i would only have considered it high-risk back when flinch was a thing. Now it’s medium risk, very high reward.

• @50ShadesofClay:

i would only have considered it high-risk back when flinch was a thing. Now it’s medium risk, very high reward.

This right here.

• When it was actually flinch-able and interrupt-able it was a pretty high risk weapon because the swing had to get going in order to get damage in. Now? You swing for the fences and ripostes are exceptionally deadly.

• Has anyone dueled someone that uses kicks anytime they’ve lost the initiative to grab it back because the enemy has the quicker weapon? Welcome to fighting a MAA if FHF gets released. FHF will truly make slow weapons unusuable, AKA keeping swords as the one and only option in this game.

• Does flinch actually reset recovery state?

• @INerevar:

Does flinch actually reset recovery state?

Questionable. Play Dubaxe or Poleaxe against multiple fast weapons and it certainly won’t feel like it.

• @AmishInsurgent:

Has anyone dueled someone that uses kicks anytime they’ve lost the initiative to grab it back because the enemy has the quicker weapon? Welcome to fighting a MAA if FHF gets released. FHF will truly make slow weapons unusuable, AKA keeping swords as the one and only option in this game.

are you aware that you can already do this with daggars?

duels are a separate thing to balance and it’s been said so many times that the game isn’t balanced around duels. Look at maa for example, duel champions but (as people say) maybe not the best in team fights… althought i don’t agree nor disagree that’s just what people say.

This is also why feints exist.

This is also why with systems like first hit flinch, other things have to change to balance it. Crushed didn’t juust implement first hit flinch and then hit the play button. Lots of weapons speeds and timings were changed, different things were tested like the removal of maa dodge. More has to go into it than just implement first hit flinch and lets see how broken it gets.

it’s a good system though, at least it’s a thousand times better than the current implementation.

• @50ShadesofClay:

are you aware that you can already do this with daggars?

duels are a separate thing to balance and it’s been said so many times that the game isn’t balanced around duels. Look at maa for example, duel champions but (as people say) maybe not the best in team fights… althought i don’t agree nor disagree that’s just what people say.

This is also why feints exist.

This is also why with systems like first hit flinch, other things have to change to balance it. Crushed didn’t juust implement first hit flinch and then hit the play button. Lots of weapons speeds and timings were changed, different things were tested like the removal of maa dodge. More has to go into it than just implement first hit flinch and lets see how broken it gets.

it’s a good system though, at least it’s a thousand times better than the current implementation.

See I can understand that, having a massive balance change to fit FHF in. When you browse the forums though and just see “Add FHF” in posts it doesn’t sound like an appealing feature. Would be nice to have a list compiled together of possible timing changes for the addition of FHF.

• Hm, maybe I didn’t explain my intention well in my first post, but actually I meant to say, that when flinch time is over, your character should immediatly return to idle state regardless of the former state. I didn’t what to set another FHF discussion loose.

• @AmishInsurgent:

See I can understand that, having a massive balance change to fit FHF in. When you browse the forums though and just see “Add FHF” in posts it doesn’t sound like an appealing feature. Would be nice to have a list compiled together of possible timing changes for the addition of FHF.

Seriously you need to play the crushed mod. Most weapons have changed timing, maa dodge (although I disagree with how he did it) could be said to be more ‘fair’, and fhf makes the game feel MUCH smoother and less cavemany.

• @INerevar:

Hm, maybe I didn’t explain my intention well in my first post, but actually I meant to say, that when flinch time is over, your character should immediatly return to idle state regardless of the former state. I didn’t what to set another FHF discussion loose.

yeah this would be nice too for things like aimpunch and for still getting flinched in release but swing still persists and causes you to go into recovery + flinch. I’m saying though if FHF existed, that shit doesn’ thappen because you get flinched in all states and DO go back to idle regardless. So it’s kind of what FHF does for the game.