Flinch should stop release time

• obv there would be a slight delay when you cut release before you can attack again

• i get hit by combo’s all the time where i can’t parry before the 2nd one hits, i’m still in the initial parry recovery it would seem. Also, if a daggar hits you with one hit, they can recover and hit you again before you can parry again. Free hits ftw.

also, everyone knows about the shortsword stab overhead combo, the overhead is not parryable if accelerated and aimed right, which is to the right slightly :D. Yay!

then if you do single strikes sometimes to avoid having to cftp, you can flinch your opponent, yet he has initiative after getting flinched because flinch recovery is shorter than most weapons swing recovery. B0l0nce i guess. Few weapons it seems where this isnt’ true and apparently it’s daggars, and bearded axe slashes. Maybe more. Usually slashes are bullshit fast now and at least hit trade everything.

I’m not really sure that all weapons have a .4 windup but i feel that they don’t. Spreadsheet for esample still shows jav shield bash at .35 which would make it the fastest attack in game. Could need an update though.

btw flinch lasts like .1 seconds these days. Peopel can immediately windup after being hit. Flinches are just so fucked.

• @swagfox:

absolutely…except i dunno about a kill, just a succesful hit…this makes 1vN’s kinda retarded atm. all one guy has to do is hit trade your riposte (you being the 1) and since he broke your combo with that trade, the other guy gets a free hit. the alternative is just pipping til youre out of stam or teamm8s save your ass

Yeah, and about that stamina…

• Why should one be flinched in release??? How does that makes sense???

• @Frodiziak:

Why should one be flinched in release??? How does that makes sense???

First hit flinch

• @Kim:

First hit flinch

That’s exactly what flinch in release is.

• @lemonater47:

That’s exactly what flinch in release is.

Oh ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏

• @Kim:

First hit flinch

Oh, they way it was worded made me think about something completely different. Or maybe im just dumb, doesn’t FHF makes it that you are interrupted during your windup and not your release?

• @Frodiziak:

Oh, they way it was worded made me think about something completely different. Or maybe im just dumb, doesn’t FHF makes it that you are interrupted during your windup and not your release?

FHF makes you interrupted in release every time. The old FiR only interrupted you if you were sprinting or took >80 damage.

• @Kim:

FHF makes you interrupted in release every time. The old FiR only interrupted you if you were sprinting or took >80 damage.

this ^^^^^^^

it was really inconsistent to everyone fighting you because the animations dont update fast enough to tell whether someone is sprinting while attacking or not

also maul overheads flinched all the time which was nice

because it was so inconsistent it was really easy force trades by just walking because everyone was used to the sprint flinch

• You still won’t be flinching people with mauls with FHF as the bastard with any other weapon would of flinched you first.

• @lemonater47:

You still won’t be flinching people with mauls with FHF as the bastard with any other weapon would of flinched you first.

not if you attack way earlier than them!

• but what about daggers

• Fists > Maul

cause flinch

• @CRUSHED:

but muh dagger op

dagger is most op weapon in the game

@Vesanus:

Fists > Maul

cause flinch

that used to be a reasonable matchup before the minimum windup patch

• The maul used to be somewhat of a joke before the “no excuse me you can’t flinch anymore” lol patch.

• The maul is kind of in an awkward position. It straddles the line between being overpowered and completely useless (although almost every skilled player I’ve talked to feels it’s OP)- which has largely been determined by the game’s current game mechanics. I personally feel like it doesn’t belong in the game at all- it’s sort of a joke weapon, and it should’ve remained that way. 2-2.5 years ago the meta was SoW/LS pokey knights (I’m neglecting a few setups but you get the idea). The Messer and Maul have really changed the way people play knight, and I’m not sure it’s for the better. I would go into that further, but that’s not really what this thread is about. I’ve talked to several longtime players and they generally agree, those who (for some reason) still hung around to play this game :P Playing knight today is just a different game for sure- for better or worse.

• Of course Knights are different now, you almost never see people using anything but Maul or Messer. I use every weapon once in a while, but I mainly use warhammer lately for practice and for fun. It works pretty well actually. You see the same thing with VGs running around with greatswords though. Using other weapons is like handicapping yourself.

• maul knights in competitive are easy to counter with good teamwork

at the start of the fight all the projectiles should be thrown his way and so that he’ll be so low that if he tries to trade he’ll die in 1 hit before his maul hits anyone

if vanguards focus the maul knight using long polearms he also becomes pretty useless, thats why messer and SoW are better choices against teams that are actually trying to win

• @zombojoe:

maul knights in competitive are easy to counter with good teamwork

at the start of the fight all the projectiles should be thrown his way and so that he’ll be so low that if he tries to trade he’ll die in 1 hit before his maul hits anyone

if vanguards focus the maul knight using long polearms he also becomes pretty useless, thats why messer and SoW are better choices against teams that are actually trying to win

This is all true and it is an effective strategy, but look at all that you listed, that’s a lot of attention for one player to receive. I think that really says a lot about the maul. Of course the Messer is overall a better weapon (for many reasons, but mostly because it’s the most versatile), it’s overall the strongest Knight weapon, I think few would dispute that. It’s the only knight sword that can 1 shot MaA, it can 2 shot vanguards very very easily, and it’s the strongest sword vs knights. All of this, and it’s a relatively fast sword that a noob could drag.