Ideas for the bubble

• 1. There is no bubble around teammates.
    So you can actually pass through doors together. Bubble around enemies is fine though, so you can’t pass them easily.

2. The bubble doesn’t stop your velocity.
    F.e. when you run into an enemy’s bubble, only your position gets stuck. When you change directions, so you come free, you still have full run velocity and don’t need to speed up again. It’s like you were never stopped. This would improve chasing because your character won’t suddenly stop when you’re too close to your target. Same helps you with shorter weapons, so you can actually facehug - just at bubble distance.

(And please fix that “getting stuck at someone’s bubble in air” bug.)

• 2nd idea is really good please impliment TBS

• Does #1 mean like no collision at all? I don’t… want my teammates inside me.

• He means no collision at all. Teamkilling would increase. All accidental of course.

The bubble is the name of the extended collision radius. Which is only present on enemy players. Team mates have a smaller collision radius.

• @dudeface:

Does #1 mean like no collision at all? I don’t… want my teammates inside me.

@lemonater47:

He means no collision at all. Teamkilling would increase. All accidental of course.

Nope, I mean what I wrote. No bubble, but pre “Bubble-Patch” player collision.

@lemonater47:

The bubble is the name of the extended collision radius. Which is only present on enemy players. Team mates have a smaller collision radius.

Team mates have no bubble at all? I don’t think so. Also the collision radius is almost if not the same. Then at least decrease the team mates collision radius a little (more?).

• I’m all in for #2 and just getting that “stuck in air bubble” bs to stop.

Also I feel like if these things are too hard to implement, at least reduce the bubble size further. Right now it’s obviously shrunken down to a size that uses 1vs1’s as a guideline, but nowadays it’s impossible to fight in any battle larger than that with a short weapon and not get annoyed by the bubble one way or the other.

It’s usually just getting stuck somewhere between 2 opponents and then your character will occasionally do these weird “jumps” to whichever position the game thought it should place you.

• Pretty sure there already isn’t any teammate bubble, the collision box is just that big.

• Support for #2

• @dudeface:

Does #1 mean like no collision at all? I don’t… want my teammates inside of me.

I do.

/10chars

• problem with 2 is that there’d be weird moments when you see this guy in front of you almost inside you, clipping his weapon and all (with fov 120), then speed away in a different direction potentially at full screen. It’d make chasing kinda weird.

I’m not sure I’m crazy with that idea.

• Team mates collision has remained the same since 2012. Never changed.

• @INerevar:

2. The bubble doesn’t stop your velocity.
    F.e. when you run into an enemy’s bubble, only your position gets stuck. When you change directions, so you come free, you still have full run velocity and don’t need to speed up again. It’s like you were never stopped. This would improve chasing because your character won’t suddenly stop when you’re too close to your target. Same helps you with shorter weapons, so you can actually facehug - just at bubble distance.

This would be amazing for Warhammer.