Chivalry: Medieval Warfare Patch 34 (Polycount user created items added!)

• New
    Polycount contest winners items are now available for purchase in Chivalry: Medieval Warfare! Congratulations once again to our Contest winners! You now have more ways to have your creations appear in-game. Creators who have their items sold in-game will also be earning a percentage of the profits through Steam!

Newly Added items:

• Assault Set ( Assault Helm + Assault Falchion) by Shuruboro
    • Burning Sun Set ( Sun Helm + Fist of the Burning Sun Brandistock) by Noth
    • Honor’s Guard Set ( Honor’s Guard Helm + Honor’s Guard Spear) by BounchFX
    • Judgement Set ( Judgement Helm + Judgement Axe) by Arsenal
    • Crusher Helmet by Konras & Pior
    • Fallen Helmet by Alexd
    • Dark Ornate Set (Dark Ornate Helm + Ornate Messer) by Scoot_da_Poot
    • Hawkeye Set ( Hawkey Helm + Hawkeye Crossbow) by Paradox
    • Temujin’s Legacy Set ( Temujin Helm + Temujin’s Boradsword) by Hawk1701
    • Oriental Set (Oriental Helm + Oriental Broadsword) by TrevorJ & Pior
    • Horsebow by islipaway
    • The Hound Set ( Hound Helm + Hound Longsword) by NBLM

Purchasing an item that is part of a set will unlock all set items.

Fixes

Code

• HTML surface (MOTD screen, main menu news box)

• no longer causes crashes
      • better performance
      • accepts mouse input
      • is blanked out to begin with, instead of showing garbage
    • Fixed: adminrestartmap on modded servers kicks everyone off the server and transitions to the map the server was started on

• Prevent pawn moving, jumping in SIEGEWEAPON or DODGE states (when using a battering ram, when tipping burning oil, in mid-dodge, etc.)

• More texture-related crash protection for the Scaleform integration

• Fix a performance sink: Bink movie was rendering in background if you opened and then closed the escape menu. Also, stopping the movie in the FE if you leave the main menu for another screen.

• remove uber nodes from the scaleform render target PPCs, and skip depth pre-pass (performance improvement in Customization)

• additional messaging for the workshop uploader for some error conditions

• Fix: riposte out of CFTP could cause windup and release to play different animations (e.g. windup would play Right-to-left slash, release would play left-to-right slash)

• Fix: issue where inventory attachments would go bOwnerNoSee for 3p players upon own pawn death

• Fixed some text getting cut off in the Customization screen

• Customization screen will warn when exiting if any classes have invalid (locked) items equipped

• Customization will be loaded from the config file with any invalid items automatically zeroed out, so even if you ignore the aforementioned warning, your customization will work and not be rejected by game servers (aside from the locked items, which will be reset to their defaults)

Levels

• Belmez: Fixed areas where attacking team could bypass spawn barriers.
    • Outpost: Fixed instances where players could exploit loadout change volumes.
    • DarkForest FFA Cistern: Fixed instances where players could exploit loadout volumes from TO sublevels.
    • Server vs Client desyncs that caused players to disappear and TO items to not function properly should now be fixed.
    • Fixed some issues with the Crypts

Hotfix 1

• Combo feint time restored to Pre-Patch 34 numbers
    • MOTD works in Duel and TO2
    • “Locked” message in Customization always shows the message for the current tab for less confusion
    • ?modname= works in the server maplist now, allowing servers to switch between mods
    • When running a mod, normal configs are used for non-modded classes
    • MAA “super jump” should no longer be possible.

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!

• Developer

@imported_Karam:

I don’t see any weapons in the custom menu i.e the selectable menu for the shortbow is there but there is only the default shortbow in it. :/

We’re flipping the switch on that right now, it’ll need a second to take effect. :)

• From the locked beta thread;

@DaGGyzo:

Send us an email at contact@tornbanner.com with the receipt and your steam ID. Be sure to tell us which one you want.

I sent the message 4 days ago and so far no reply or anything and I didn’t have any polyswag unlocked, did you guys get it?

• We had some difficulty communicating with the server. Try again later.

Looks like someone doesn’t want my money. :P

EDIT: Only applies to the new items. Could purchase the barbaric skins easily, but the new ones got the hick-ups. :(

• Some of these items look realy good. Is there a price table online?

• Developer

@TheUndying:

EDIT: Only applies to the new items. Could purchase the barbaric skins easily, but the new ones got the hick-ups. :(

So what happened when you tried to buy a new item? You just got that message? The cost was never subtracted?

• Yep i got the same message as well when i tried to buy the new items.

“We had some difficulty communicating with the server. Try again later.”

• @CrustaceanSoup:

So what happened when you tried to buy a new item? You just got that message? The cost was never subtracted?

Exactly what i posted in the beta thread: Server Communication Error: We had some difficulty connecting to the server. try again later. it has maybe something to do with the country since some people could actually test them. i tried on 3 different days and always got this error in the beta.

• Developer

@Hagalaz:

Exactly what i posted in the beta thread: Server Communication Error: We had some difficulty connecting to the server. try again later. it has maybe something to do with the country since some people could actually test them. i tried on 3 different days and always got this error in the beta.

Mind trying again? We’ve just updated the server with a bug fix.

• @CrustaceanSoup:

Mind trying again? We’ve just updated the server with a bug fix.

it’s working now ^^

• I’m not sure if I’m the only one thinking this but browsing through the new skins I feel 80 % of the helmets are totally out of place, don’t go too well with any team colors and look a lot like medieval dildos.

Most of the new weapons look good in-game, but I wasn’t expecting for the Burning Sun brandi to be so ridiculously big.

E: thank you for finally fixing the CFtP bug.

• Good patch TBS, but a minor criticism… shouldnt the hound longsword be a SOW replacement? it looks very similar to the sow (blade and grip) and i feel like there will be confusion at some point in the future, knowing your opponents weapon is quite important in this game

idk maybe im the only one who thinks this way

• @CRUSHED:

Good patch TBS, but a minor criticism… shouldnt the hound longsword be a SOW replacement? it looks very similar to the sow (blade and grip) and i feel like there will be confusion at some point in the future, knowing your opponents weapon is quite important in this game

I see your point. The same happened with the grandmace. People were confused if this is a more elegant grandmace or a mace-type maul skin. But they grew accustomed to this pretty quickly, if I recall it correctly.

However, for being a SoW the sword skin should be smaller overall. Also, I think the guard is a pretty good indicator.
    Curved = SoW
    Straight = LS

This shouldn`t be a big problem imo.

• I dont think anyone confused the grandmace skin for a maul, it looks entirely different

the problem is mid combat you look at the blade and not at the guard, and its very easy to confuse them i think. Anyway, well see

• @CRUSHED:

I dont think anyone confused the grandmace skin for a maul, it looks entirely different

SO many people asked me, what weapon I was using with the grandmace skin on.

• @CRUSHED:

Good patch TBS, but a minor criticism… shouldnt the hound longsword be a SOW replacement? it looks very similar to the sow (blade and grip) and i feel like there will be confusion at some point in the future, knowing your opponents weapon is quite important in this game

Ya it kinda does lol. If they brought in the styrian ls then we’d have good skins for both

• @CRUSHED:

I dont think anyone confused the grandmace skin for a maul, it looks entirely different

the problem is mid combat you look at the blade and not at the guard, and its very easy to confuse them i think. Anyway, well see

The hand guard is the defining feature of the SOW vs LS in my opinion. SOW has a curve while LS is straight.

• There seems to be an interesting new bug - happened on Stoneshill for me with the catapult (not sure if other maps with catas are affected, I didn’t check)

The catapult disappeared…. If you tried to use it you’d be transported to another dimension (well, a place with a really bright white light) and would scream as if falling.

You’d be stuck there until you attacked, then would emerge only to find yourself invisible. Have fun :)

On the bright side the ram bug was fixed, so you win some, you lose some.

I think this was on an Official TO Server NL #something, can’t quite remember.