Game is completely broken after the patch…

• @Gauntlet:

This is really odd, because I play mostly on official servers and I have not run into a single player who swung that quickly. When first I watched that video I thought the guy was speed hacking (or severely desync’d). If you could get more examples that would help to compile and target the issue. I have 2100 hours in Chiv and like most veterans are very sensitive to the games timings. To me this is off and I have not personally experienced a riposte that came in that fast with a follow up combo that hit before the animation.

I’ve experienced janky ripostes before but nothing like this video.

Edit: After reviewing the video in 0.25 speed, I just realized that the longsword knight did not riposte stab you, he just ran forward which looked like a stab riposte, but it was just a running animation. You were hit from behind with a messer and then he threw an lmb that connected properly.

Right, but the next lmb looks very quick to me. Maybe desync?

• @Xylvion:

somehow the 2h ripostes are harder to notice than the 1h ripostes atm.

yeah but the 1h ones go straight through parries. In the past 3 hours of gameplay I dont recall any riposte being blocked.

• i mean in that video, there are so many things wrong with it to me. After the vanguard charges, look at just the way he begins to run again, he takes like 1 step animation wise but goes like 5 feet forward. I mean, i guess that’s just typical vanguard they just don’t ever move normally and their motion just has like 2 frames for every 4 steps anyhow so i guess that’s “normal” for chiv. Then you’ve got that knight there which you can’t see the overhead because he gets hit from behind, but then that dragged overhead combo into stab, the stab looks to hit way before the animation does despite him parrying it. Then after the the parry… is that a feinted riposte? did he look to the left and feint and then slash? is that how long feints and slashes take to recover/windup? I don’t think it is considering that’s a longsword and you can’t even slash it that fast after a feint unless the animation is WAY off and that wasn’t a feint or a magical riposted feint. Then there’s the other knight doing a double overhead combo and it’s too damn fast too.

That is a 10 second video. 10 seconds. That happened in 10 seconds.

i had a beauty happen today. Hit maul, he flinches while winding up and overhead and 1 shots me because i’m in mid swing.

this game is totally fucked up man, I would record some shit but i uninstalled the game.

TB, or whoever, please let me know when TB decides to fix the game… i really don’t know what game everyone is playing but it’s not the same one I am, that or people think this shit is normal.

• http://www.twitch.tv/sir_clay/manager/a616015736/highlight

just take a look at some of the highlights below, feel free to watch that whole darkforest map I’m sure you can find some fucked up shit. Sometimes it’s animations, sometimes it’s just the fucked up mechanics we’ve been dealing with in this game forever now.

This is just in a course of maybe about 5-10 minutes sorting through shit (and i mean 10 minutes of that match, i’m sure there’s TONS more.)

flinch time vs. recovery time fucked, daggars and norse shield proves that. Yet you can also recover faster from hitting with dane axe. The broken animations, playing back to you with 2 frames. Archers most powerful ranged and melee fighters. The buttparies, no flinch after weapon switch. Unflinchable ripostes. Not being able to parry after being hit into a combo (not going into idle) everyone else seems to go to idle after flinch as far as parrying again goes, apparently I don’t. I must have to change something in my ini files.

ANyway, again… let me know when TB decides to work on chivalry mechaincally and not from a reskin perspective.

it’s late and i don’t ahve time to watch through shit and highlight all the shit i see. Feel free to just go through that video and just see how fucked up everything looks to me. Maybe you’ll see, maybe you won’t. Check out some drunken bazaar map or the rest of that darkforest at the end where i rage quit. Fun.

• @Rickvs:

The game wants you to time your strikes perfectly. The game wants you to aim your parry perfectly. The game wants you to input your swing controls perfectly.
    See, if you do all that but Chivalry’s random factor kicks in and still screws you over, you obviously feel annoyed.
    Now imagine that moment about 30 times per 1 TO match. That’s why I rarely play on highly populated official servers, especially right after a patch has been released. And heck, the current patch seems to include even more of those scenarios.

I feel the same way. Even if you do everything right, you still get hit due to game mechanics not working properly. Also the hotfix didn’t fix many of the issues with parrying/ ripostes, insta-hits are still common. Every patch they release makes the game worse; if they rolled it back to a few months post-release I honestly wouldn’t have a problem.

• @quackquackquack:

I feel the same way. Even if you do everything right, you still get hit due to game mechanics not working properly. Also the hotfix didn’t fix many of the issues with parrying/ ripostes, insta-hits are still common. Every patch they release makes the game worse; if they rolled it back to a few months post-release I honestly wouldn’t have a problem.

This is true, but part of it is latency. I was playing on a duel server with 110 ping and there was an apparent difference in swing/parry timing. Of course, I’ve always been aware of this, but it’s staggering how much of a difference there actually is. The game is very far from unplayable in this condition (obviously) but to say it’s ‘fair’ is quite a stretch. Raising the tick rate would really benefit many servers, since the default is 30- which is quite low btw.

• All officials are at 60 now.

• @Rickvs:

I wouldn’t be too certain about that…

Trust me, I’d love nothing more than to believe you for now and find this problem fixed in a few servers, but so far everyone I fought had less than 50% of the normal amount of frames in their animations. It’s just one giant slideshow.
    And I’ve tried in many different servers, including one I hosted and one that my friend hosted with absolutely the most recent dedicated server tool and only 2 players.
    Going off your information I can only assume this problem occurs to not every player.
    Going off the answers to me asking around in a few servers I can only conclude there’s a mere few players with this problem.

Which makes me rather desperate considering Torn Banner never, never fixes things on time (this BS should have been hotfixed days ago) and will always come up with the same shitty “We can’t reproduce this bug on our 50Mbps LAN party, how odd!” - excuse.
    I feel this problem isn’t getting nearly as much attention as it should.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjVlWiAUP08
    (This is every single fight for me atm)

I’m on mobile net right now, so I can’t watch your video, but from what you have described with many missing frames, I’m assuming that all animations appear to stutter, and it’s almost impossible to play well.

I had something that seems to be the same some time ago, what fixed it for me was playing in 32 bit mode, I have no idea why because I have a 64bit OS, but it might be worth a try.

• @lemonater47:

All officials are at 60 now.

Interesting.

• Yeah I don’t know, after the hotfix everything feels very off for me. I feel as if I’m playing a totally different game at times. I did extensive feint read testing before the hotfix and was able to go up to 90% read rate on swords when really warmed up. I just dueled renatus and dofoo the other night after the hotfix and we couldn’t reliably read a single one. Hits were connecting too early and the combo feinting, although fixed, did not feel quite “right”. It could have been that it was 5:26 AM and I was tired as fuck, but I definitely feel something strange about the new hotfixed build.

• “Something strange”?!

Goddamnit fugn heill why am I apparently the only one (or at least one of the rare few) with this problem? I mean, this patch being completely broken for me is really, really obvious and not something I’d mention as “I feel something strange”.

I’m worried sick that this will be yet another bug that TB will never fix just because the majority of its playerbase simply doesn’t have the issue on such an unplayable level.
    I’ve already tried verifying cache, reinstall and 32-bit mode. None of it helps.
    The same thing many others have mentioned, such as early hits and combo feint times, are indeed a problem for me too, but it’s just that every single animation, not even just attacks, is laggy and choppy as hell.

This is making the core game even more unplayable than that patch a while back that crashed everytime you tried to join a server.

• yep its still broken as fuck. i played for 2 hours today and shortsword is so OP its ridiculous. everything hits earlier than it should. some combos feel unblockable or very hard where you need to guess and block before the animation to not get hit.

ppl seem to adjust unconsciously by spamming attacks and it works. the game is playable yes sure and if you are unexperienced like TB themselves because they don’t actually play their game (and no playtesting for 5 minutes is not enough in this case to notice it well) then it won’t strike you at all but as a kinda veteran it feels really broken and unenyoyable.

i’m not sure if it even makes sense to post here because they don’t seem to care at all but yes sth is still off and it’s very obvious by now. i’ll do myself the favour and uninstall until they either fix or attempt to fix it.

btw I REALLY hope that it’s just the servers but it would be kinda strange that still a week after the patch every single server would have the exact same problems that don’t even match with usual server bs. so I doubt that’s it.

• @Rickvs:

“Something strange”?!

Goddamnit fugn heill why am I apparently the only one (or at least one of the rare few) with this problem? I mean, this patch being completely broken for me is really, really obvious and not something I’d mention as “I feel something strange”.

I’m worried sick that this will be yet another bug that TB will never fix just because the majority of its playerbase simply doesn’t have the issue on such an unplayable level.
    I’ve already tried verifying cache, reinstall and 32-bit mode. None of it helps.
    The same thing many others have mentioned, such as early hits and combo feint times, are indeed a problem for me too, but it’s just that every single animation, not even just attacks, is laggy and choppy as hell.

This is making the core game even more unplayable than that patch a while back that crashed everytime you tried to join a server.

I hope you get it fixed, but don’t forget it’s just a game and not something to be worried sick about.

• @JimmyTryhard:

Yeah I don’t know, after the hotfix everything feels very off for me. I feel as if I’m playing a totally different game at times. I did extensive feint read testing before the hotfix and was able to go up to 90% read rate on swords when really warmed up. I just dueled renatus and dofoo the other night after the hotfix and we couldn’t reliably read a single one. Hits were connecting too early and the combo feinting, although fixed, did not feel quite “right”. It could have been that it was 5:26 AM and I was tired as fuck, but I definitely feel something strange about the new hotfixed build.

I couldn’t read much because I had 80 ping which I’m unaccustomed to, but I read some things still, so did you. That all felt normal to me for 80 ping. But I dunno, my guess is that server owner didn’t raise the tickrate to 128 or w/e after the patch hit. To me the game feels fine or at least the same.

• Yeah Idk. I was playing on a server with 100+ ping and I was getting hit noticeably before the animation. Not sure what to think. Could be a server thing + shitty ping, or could be the game. All I know is, I preferred the feel of the post-hotfix game compared to this, with the exception of the combo feints.

• Funny since moving to my new laptop, (always had great internet) and never see any problems, even from high rank players as far as animations go. Usually I get hit from just dumb mistakes but the feedback is more than sufficient. I can even parry the reverse spins.

Where I get caught out is feints, extreme drags, and the nasty one where they hit you diagonally across your foot (which sucks ass).

Oh and the stab with a tiny jump that seems to float above your block.

Apart from that I think its pretty good, I am no longer shit scared of gold helms. And I killed a rank 70 on some clan duel server so I feel I have graduated.

• everything is mega desynced and now if you get hit while switching weapons you get your weapon switch canceled

if you dont have a melee weapon out youre dead just like javelin double flinch

• @zombojoe:

everything is mega desynced and now if you get hit while switching weapons you get your weapon switch canceled

if you dont have a melee weapon out youre dead just like javelin double flinch

jup, but maa can still dodge out of flinch.

• Attacks landing before animations after hotfix. gg

• Everyone is still having trouble?

I’ve honestly not noticed anything too bad after the hotfix. I always get the occasional animation that skips some frames and hits you before you can block especially when you’re trying to read feints and wait for release to parry. But it seems alot better for me then it did pre hotfix. Hopefully any of the issues you guys are having are just server related and will work themselves out soon, I know how frustrating the game was for me right after the last patch released….