Unable to connect to any server

• I can see the server list just fine, but every server I click on (100-200 ping) sends me to a screen that says “Please wait while the game loads” except it never loads and I can hit space and it says “Failed to join server” with a confirm option. I can hit space again here to go to the previous screen, and repeat infinitely while never joining.

Note: The game worked fine until yesterday.

Computer Specs:

Windows 7 64-bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-3770 CPU @4.83 GHz (overclocked from 3.40 GHz)
    Nvidia GTX 690
    32768MB RAM
    Direct X 11

• Same problem, started today as well.

• Same problem. Started between 6:30 - 7:30 pm PST.

Was playing fine until I left at 6:30 - 7:00pm, returned at about 7:30 - 7:45pm and every time I attempt to join a server (server list populats fine) I get either error “Failed to connect to the server” or “Please wait while the game loads…” which lasts until I get the first error again.

Edit: Tried the following so far:

1. Verifying integrity of the game cache through steam.
    2. Assigning myself as the DMZ on my router
    3. Replacing my MasterServer2.vdf just to be sure.
    4. Deleting Chivalry files in My Game folder
    5. Shutting down all background apps using msconfig and task manager

ISP: Verizon FIOS

• I’ll add to it as well, was working this afternoon as late as 1 PM PST, though now I am unable to connect to any server. I’ve validated the game, and it proceeded to install it’s redist package again. Same symptoms as Varangian, though if you let it sit for 5 minutesor so it will tell you that you timed out. (Your connection to the host has been lost)

Windows 7 64 Bit
    Intel Q6600
    ATI 6950

*Edit: Also as a consideration: Comcast

• @Warcrimes:

Same problem. Started between 6:30 - 7:30 pm PST.

Almost exactly the same time as me.

• Note for those still watching this: I just reloaded Steam…again… And it started working. 8:33 PM PST.

• @Alpha352:

Note for those still watching this: I just reloaded Steam…again… And it started working. 8:33 PM PST.

Still doesn’t appear to be working for me after two full steam restarts.

• Just as a thought, I also did a verify on the game and did download a file/ran through it’s reinstall - then did another restart of steam and it worked.

• It’s working again for me now. I just restarted my system one last time and I was just able to load into a game.

• same thing happen to me now,
    was fine yesterday, but somehow it stucks on loading now

• Can you try restarting steam and validating your game cache?
    Thanks.

• Tried 1)validating game cache and restart steam,
    2)above+restart windows,
    3)tried first step + dl master server file
    none of the above actually fixed the problem
    however I was able to join one of the server, but quit shortly due to high ping.
    then I try to join other server again, none works…

EDIT: Also tried restarting my DSL router/modem, no help neither

• http://speedtest.net/

What is your internet speed?

• @b3h47pte:

http://speedtest.net/

6M

able to join one of the low ping server now (under 90)
    no idea why lol
    guess is a server issue?

• I’m seeing 24.4 Mbps downstream, 12 Mbps upstream on my comcast internet. See, validating cache and restarting steam did nothing, and I’ve had the master server file for a while now (it was the only way to play online in beta that worked).

If it was a connection problem, I assume that WoW, youtube, netflix HD, and NBA 2k12 would also have issues with it. They don’t though, only this game.

• @junk11:

same thing happen to me now,
    was fine yesterday, but somehow it stucks on loading now

It’s back again for me now as well.

• @b3h47pte:

http://speedtest.net/

Just ran this test and I have 5ms, 60.28Mbps Down, 35.88Mbps UP.
    http://www.speedtest.net/result/2249114318.png

Still having the same problem described here. Went away about 8:45pm and connected to a couple servers, now can’t get into anything.

• still having this issue… re-verified, did a clean install, also checked for port issues, firewall and reset modem - maybe the issue isn’t client side?

Asus G74S
    I7-2630QM
    Nvidia gtx560m 3gig
    8gig ram

• This problem exists on my laptop as well, even though that can barely run the game, and my desktop can run about 40 of them simultaneously.

• I am also not able to connect to servers. I followed the suggested fixes (steam beta, verify, restart steam, firewall and virus protection disabled) and when I join a server it usually hangs at the please wait screen and ends up failing ~5 minutes later.

The one game I did get in was empty and the other I was able to play for a few minutes lag free before being kicked back to the title screen and not being able to see the server list until restarting steam.

I live on a college campus so my internet is pretty slow.

Suggestions?

Looks like your connection to Torn Banner Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.