MAA dodge

• Yes, it has been said before, but I’m saying it again. And honestly I think we should beat TB over the head with this until something is done.

MAA’s ability to dodge out of reposte and panic parry needs to go. Personally, I think dodge should go completely or at least get a hefty nerf. MAA footwork is incredibly easy anyway.

My reasoning is extremely simple: Every other class in the game is punished for falling for a feint, by not blocking a reposte in time, or by not using footwork to avoid the situation. MAA simply presses a button, and can even queue an attack while dodging. In several instances, I’ve gone for a reposte just to have the MAA side dodge and stab me at the tail end of my release.

I purpose adding a short cool down to dodge immediately following a parry or parried attack. This will force the MAA to use footwork to avoid a followup attack just like every other class in the game.

• Maa doesn’t need any nerfs, they’re already pretty easy to beat & counter in teamfights.

• I agree with all of this but there’s too many MAA fanboys to ever allow such a change. (if you can even call it a change, considering it’s mostly a fix.)

Dodge needs a complete rework imo. Again, I know it will probably never happen, but still. The dodge should be a defensive mechanic, not an offensive one.
    The current MAA dodge… there’s hardly anything defensive about it. It’s mostly just a quick and easy way of getting into an advantageful position for a side stab or swing, not to mention completely avoid the rightful punishment for falling for a feint/parrying too early.

But this is a discussion that will apparently never end. So I’ll just genuinely ask to MAA mainers:
    Wouldn’t it be more fun and balanced if, for example, the MAA ability was a much slower, longer-reached dodgeroll to completely escape from an upcoming gangbang? And of course you wouldn’t be able to attack immediately afterwards, nor spam the ability.

On the other hand, how OP are they really in the end? I dislike having to switch to secondary just specifically for them because there’s no f*cking way I can take one down with a Dubaxe considering I’m not Spook, but at least they’re not as retarded as in previous versions.
    I just hope dodge out of flinch and parry will be removed.

• @Kim:

Maa doesn’t need any nerfs, they’re already pretty easy to beat & counter in teamfights.

I need some tips/examples. I don’t disagree with you, but initially what comes to mind is simply outnumbering the MAA, or baiting him with 1 guy while another target switches to take em out.

Even so, if it’s an easy counter specifically in team fights, that doesn’t mean it is balanced. That’s a situational thing.

@Rickvs:

The dodge should be a defensive mechanic, not an offensive one.

This is a good way of putting it.

• Just remove the dodge out of recovery bullshit and they’re fine.

• I agree but give MAA the same health+resistance as vanguard as a buff to make them not too vulnerable.

@Kim:

Maa doesn’t need any nerfs, they’re already pretty easy to beat & counter in teamfights.

They’re still anti fun to fight against.

• @Xanith:

Just remove the dodge out of recovery bullshit and they’re fine.

This.
    I dont mind them dodging right after they hit my parry, it doesn’t bother me at all. What bothers me is when they miss an attack and I take the opportunity to hit back and they can just dodge away.

If MAAs should have the same resistance as vngaurds, dodge should be removed completely.

• give everyone but archer dodge.

• Ugh, this thread again. Until maa isn’t an eggshell, nothing will be changed. Until side running is implemented, dodge will stay.

• @Sir:

Ugh, this thread again. Until maa isn’t an eggshell, nothing will be changed. Until side running is implemented, dodge will stay.

Ugh, this type of comment again.

From what I gather, you’re saying that having the ability to dodge out of panic parry, reposte, and recovery is okay because the MAA is squishy. I don’t think this is good reasoning. The MAA has superior speed and footwork; he can already “side run” by pressing A or D. I’ve played against plenty of good MAAs who rarely use dodge and do a damn good job.

I explained my reasoning and I would appreciate you arguing me point for point. MAA should be punished for the same mistakes just like all of the other classes. I liken it to the dodge out of stun bug.

• Been saying since closed beta, MaAs are OP and need nerfing just like archers. Less footspeed and less control when they can dodge. MaA health is fine since very few weapons actually one shot them consistently that isn’t messer. And messer has to if MaA will continue to remain as OP as they are. Nerfing broad wasn’t a real MaA nerf, it also nerfed knights and they just switched to Norse. Nerf Norse and they’ll just switch to morning star. Nerf that they’ll just switch to quarter staff. Nerf that and then there’s a big problem, nerf the fundamental mechanics of MaA so they feel more in place with the rest of the game.

• You guys are mad because the class DESIGNED from the get go to be the quick nimble class is too quick and nimble? I’ll slow down for you next time I see you on the battlefield ok? :very_drunk:

Also: Deal with it, just like MAA deal with shitty cavemen knights. Nobody with a worthy opinion or the devs agrees with you so nothing is going to change.

MAA is fine. Stop nerfing the class.

• I like how everyone just thoughtlessly assumes a hittrade meta puts Knights at this super huge advantage just because they can, occasionally, afford 1 more before they run out of health.

Except actually forcing a trade against an experienced MAA or Archer is not some sort of ezmode trick to pull off.

Vanguards can trade just as easily, if not even easier considering how easy it is to do damage as quickly as possible with an accelerated sword swing or a polearm reverse.

Even MAA can occasionally trade, most opportune against an enemy who is near-death. The problem is that the MAA can easily, easily avoid a hittrade.
    I’m sorry for saying this, but if you genuinely complain about hittrades as MAA you’re doing something wrong. Just keep it calm and if you think you’re gonna lose the stamina war, backpedal for a while.

Most importantly, people need to stop confusing some weapons like Messer and Maul to a general Knight primary. Messer is retarded even after its nerf, probably unintended. Maul just needs its retardedly high stamdrain values fixed and it’d be a (mostly) balanced weapon.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPZgiXGTpNw

But try using Knight with a Double Axe, Poleaxe, Bearded Axe, Grand Mace or Flail and then fighting MAA’s.
    It’s generally impossible. True, it’s why the Knight has secondary weapons, but don’t complain about hittrades as a squishy class when most hard hitting weapons can be dodged without much of an effort.

• How is it thoughtless? Knights have a ton more resistance to attacks than the other classes; this is their ‘special ability’. This also means that if you work towards hit trades against the lighter classes and specifically play in a fashion where you can hit trade; a knight player will almost always come out on top of a trade.

• Do I need to make a “How to fight maas as a knight” video? It’s not really that hard, don’t let the maa dominate the fight; you can feint more than he can dodge, use that to your advantage.

• @Kim:

Do I need to make a “How to fight maas as a knight” video?

Haha, tbh please do!
    Against a good MAA though, not some pub montage. If you can repeatedly pull that off with Dubaxe or Flail I’d be happy to eat my previous words.

• I’ve still yet to see a good argument as to why it’s fair and balanced for MAAs to have the ability to dodge out of reposte, panic parry, and recovery. This was my key point in the opening post and all I’ve seen in response to that is shallow generalizations and attempts to redirect the discussion toward knight caveman meta.

Someone please address those points specifically.

Loin, no one is mad. That’s simply your only go-to response because you are unable to address the matter at hand. Yes, MAA is obviously intended to be quick and nimble. Their foot speed along with some dodging ability is enough to give them the edge they need.

Spook, I’m always up for a good video.

• @Kim:

Do I need to make a “How to fight maas as a knight” video? It’s not really that hard, don’t let the maa dominate the fight; you can feint more than he can dodge, use that to your advantage.

Only if you’re fighting a good MAA’s. Seeing as you’re maul primary you are pretty useless against a good MAA if you use the maul.

• @Ramses_IV:

Only if you’re fighting a good MAA’s. Seeing as you’re maul primary you are pretty useless against a good MAA if you use the maul.

Well, yeah. That’s why I switch to my norse a lot in games. Fighting off good maa’s is possible with the maul but they have to make a mistake. With norse you can easily pressure them into dodging and wasting stam, plus you only need two hits and you win, very easy to do if your parries are on point.

• @Rickvs:

Haha, tbh please do!
    Against a good MAA though, not some pub montage. If you can repeatedly pull that off with Dubaxe or Flail I’d be happy to eat my previous words.

You don’t want it to be against a pub maa and then you want to gimp him by suggesting 2 pub weapons. Okay then.