What happened to the admins?

• Official servers are in tatters now with the odd abusive admin who kicks you because he wants to stomp newbies with a few of his clanmates. Don’t TBS have any way of actually keeping track of what admins do? The actual admins were replaced as well by less experienced players. It’s kind of a joke really because now those people are usually victims of votekick abuse on FFA, such as myself, where I am doing nothing but play the game. And you can’t even call an admin from the official group as well because they are never in the public chat nor are any of them even active. I have probably ran out of players to add to my friends list from that group, and those that I have sent are still pending. I think it’s maybe time new admins were recruited. If the devs dared to play Chivalry at the moment, and played well, they’d see how much of a state the EU officials are just now because in no time at all, a vote kick will be levied against them by some butthurt rank 5.

TL;DR - High rank/good players can’t really have fun anymore due to being voted out just for playing well. There needs to be more EU admins.

• I only know of two EU admins, a totally random joe and a person who I’ve never seen outside his own server.
    Protip: some of the official EU ffa servers are fake.

• @Walter:

Official servers are in tatters now with the odd abusive admin who kicks you because he wants to stomp newbies with a few of his clanmates. Don’t TBS have any way of actually keeping track of what admins do? The actual admins were replaced as well by less experienced players.

Could you please PM me of the name of the person you find to be abusive? None of the current official admins strike me as the kind of player who would do this, but we’ve had issues with fake official servers and admins recently. If we find another fake server/admin we’ll go ahead and take action to get the server removed and the player banned.

And you can’t even call an admin from the official group as well because they are never in the public chat nor are any of them even active.

All admins are currently active. Because this a volunteer position and we do it in our free time, we aren’t able to be in chat 24/7 to assist players. I know you have me on your friends list, yet I’ve not heard from you recently about any complaints on official servers. Feel free to send me a message when you need help. I’ll bring up the idea of adding more server admins with the others.

@Walter:

TL;DR - High rank/good players can’t really have fun anymore due to being voted out just for playing well. There needs to be more EU admins.

Sadly, until a better system is put into place for vote kicks, there is very little the mods can do about this to prevent it from happening. Really the only thing we can do at this point is to remove players who abuse the kick system after the fact.

• The “actual” admins that got replaced started off the same as the current ones. Only difference between them and the current ones is that the current ones have stayed active.

• @lemonater47:

The “actual” admins that got replaced started off the same as the current ones. Only difference between them and the current ones is that the current ones have stayed active.

Hey hey, when we did our shift the forums had 100’s of viewers a day, and we were pretty much the Technical support as well as getting a mass amount of messages about hackers. It was crazy times back then, and I got a little burnt out and took a break from chiv. Poor Remix fried a circuit after all the tech support he did. It was a darker time, but now I see much more sunshine.

Praise Gaben! Wait, I mean don’t hate on the mods. It is purely volunteer work.

• @ChuckingIt:

Hey hey, when we did our shift the forums had 100’s of viewers a day, and we were pretty much the Technical support as well as getting a mass amount of messages about hackers. It was crazy times back then, and I got a little burnt out and took a break from chiv. Poor Remix fried a circuit after all the tech support he did. It was a darker time, but now I see much more sunshine.

Praise Gaben! Wait, I mean don’t hate on the mods. It is purely volunteer work.

You stuck around. But at one stage the only moderator around was Keith.

A lot of them just stopped playing the game.

• Yeah, stupid moderators! Screw you guys! Now pls help me.

• @Oy:

Yeah, stupid moderators! Screw you guys! Now pls help me.

Basically what happens everyday.

• I’d be a moderator if I had a dedicated internet connection. Believe it or not I can wield authority responsibly.

:)

• This post is deleted!

• I’d be a server moderator. Not forum though.

• Global Moderator

server operators needed, Australia has 0 active admins, there has been interest for the position from many but no responses given. But fortunately people have private servers now with a significantly better admin.

• I think new admins are definitely needed as well but I also think that it’s a pretty responsible job and should only garner responsible and rational people. A proper selection process etc.

• @Knifelegs:

I’ll bring up the idea of adding more server admins with the others.

This is something I feel the game’s needed for a pretty long time. You guys are helpful (evidence being the time you yourself actually helped me destroy some teamers + kick abusers and the countless times Skitty has helped me) but the actual public chat thing on the steam group almost never has anyone in it. Sure, people can PM you, but I still feel that the game doesn’t have enough admins. Considering I can enter 6 different lobbies and get kicked from all 6 lobbies for simply being a high rank or doing well, I don’t think the 8 or so admins we have are sufficient.

• I wouldn’t mind helping out in the evenings (EST usually play around 11pm - 4am) You could ask pretty much anyone who used Mike Mulligans Steam Shovel FFA about how my admin’ing was. I would like to think I would be a good choice. If not, at least I offered.

• afaik all the official server admins are nice people and only ban when they are justified to do so.

• I don’t think anyone’s saying the admins are bad, just that we need more of them.

• @Pilgore:

I don’t think anyone’s saying the admins are bad, just that we need more of them.

I’ve had some people tell me that MSkittyiana is the chivalry equivalent of Zoë Quinn because she banned them from official servers for racism.

• @J-D:

I’ve had some people tell me that MSkittyiana is the chivalry equivalent of Zoë Quinn because she banned them from official servers for racism.

If someone said that to me I would stop taking them seriously.

• @J-D:

Ya I’ve heard a lot of racists accuse the mods/admins of being nazis which seems…odd