Questions for TBS - What Happened To My Game?

• If we want answers to the questions we have, we have to ask them directly and hope the devs answer. Think of this as a type of Q&A thread, but hopefully the devs jump in and converse with us properly, rather than the usual tradition of answering text questions indirectly. I’d like to start off by asking why first -person deaths were removed and if it’s possible to reimplement them. Were they removed because they broke and you couldn’t fix it, or did you just decide to be edgy and remove it for your own reasons, like when you put all that DW stuff into MW? I’d also like to ask what the status is on the next Battle for Balance patch.

Ps. Ty for new hats and maps but we just want the game up to snuff first. Pls just announce Chiv 2 already so we can start over. I speak for a lot of people when I said; “Take my money! Give me sequel! Me want spiky helmet and kickstarter beard”

PPS. Try to keep your questions and responses non-hostile, game developers are like graceful deer in the woods and one troll could scare them off.

Hotfix 1

• Attempted to prove the community still cares by adding more questions and missing tbh. Needs further testing.

Q: Can you comment on the progress of your unannounced project, or otherwise speculate a reveal?
    –---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Q: What dlc skins, community or TB-made, are you most proud of? Or do you rock the vanilla skins? Oh what do you care, you get to be skeletons with malric helmets anyway, screw you guys! tbh

Q: Can you comment at all on the progress of the unannounced project? Can you speculate on a reveal date? Plspls I love you.

Q: Aside from community hostility, do you guys have some unwritten rule against talking to us Avatar to Avatar?

Q: Have you watched any good movies lately, new or old, that you would recommend? I just saw The Equalizer with mah man Denzel. It was a great watch.

Q: is yours a one-hander or a two-hander? We gotta keep tradition alive and keep asking till you stop answering with pass.
    –---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Q: Are you happy with the effect the lowrank servers are having, and are you aware that some people get a false impression of the game that way, then quit when they are no longer able to play on them?

Q: Are you considering another balance patch or another CU patch soon, or do you plan to simply update it with bugfixes, and additional dlc content such as skins and maps?

Q: Why don’t you look me in the eyes anymore when we make love?

Q: Can you comment on the progress of your unannounced project at all, or otherwise speculate a reveal? Please have mercy on us forum peasants.
    (I don’t mean to repeat the question, but you can see how many people want to know more details. The hype is on)

Q: Will TBS actually answer these questions, especially the lude ones? Tune in next week…

also Lemon wants to know why the sky is blue. Just let him down gently when he asks about Santa.

And remember,

Uncle OY wants YOU

to post more questions.

• Why is the sky blue?

• Q: Can you tell anything about the “unannounced unreal 4 project”?
    Q: Will there ever be a new balance council? Why/why not?

• Yeah more info about “Unannounced unreal 4 project” would be so nice, can’t wait to see what you guys are doing!

• @Vanguard:

Yeah more info about “Unannounced unreal 4 project” would be so nice, can’t wait to see what you guys are doing!

If it’s not chiv 2 I’m gonna be so disappointed. I might even cry.

• This post is deleted!

• @Harry:

If it’s not chiv 2 I’m gonna be so disappointed. I might even cry.

It could be Chivalry: Modern Warfare! Then instead of mason X agatha we would have police X people doing riots in the streets. Could be some cool TO objectives like the police has to defend the town hall and the rioters must get inside and decapitate the mayor, then burn some cars and destroy banks!

• Q: After all this time, and all the conflict with the low rank servers, why is there not an additional large amount of midrange servers?
    Q: Why aren’t there enough good servers to begin with? We need more overall.

Not a question: We want this game to be good because we all love it. That’s it.

• I really wish to know about the secret project. And I SO want it to be Chiv 2!

• +1 to secret project being Chiv 2

• Please keep it serious, I too fear that’s the only way of getting some actual dev attention.

Q: Any thoughts of changing the lowrank servers to normal servers ratio? You would fix so many complaints at once;

By reducing the amount of lowrank servers,

• New players will more easily pick up on the game and play it longer
    • New players don’t get a false idea about the combat and community of this game (let’s face it, drags and reverses will always be a part so, as stupid as new players might find it at first, at least they’ll honestly know what they’re getting into)
    • As such, fewer new players will complain about a huge skill gap after reaching rank 16
    • Veteran players won’t have as much trouble simply finding a server to play on
    • A more balanced ratio of noobs and experienced players will be found in almost every single server.
    • You’d see a small decrease in server hijacks and unfair votekicks from players who refuse to play with more experienced players
    • You’d probably see an increase in “QQ rank 16 game=BS”, “dis aint the simulator I wanted” and “plz fix exploits” - threads at first but wth, there’s already a pointlessly high amount of those anyway.
    • More CoD players will cry because they expected a noskill slashfest where, without even the slightest experience, they expected to get 1st place in every match by button mashing.

Inb4 Greg disagrees;
    No Greg, removing some lowrank servers will not result in noobs always getting “destroyed”, nor does every Chivalry player like nothing more than destroying said noobs.
    Reducing the amount of lowrank servers will ensure new players will also have to join normal servers, where they’ll find a balanced amount of veteran players and other new players who didn’t/couldn’t join a lowrank server either.

• Q: can the kick be fixed so it doesn’t phase through people on level ground half the time? Is there a way to give a kick proper tracers? If someone is moving a certain way or is too close, kicks just go right through their crotch like they have ghost balls.

• @Sir:

Not a question: We want this game to be good because we all love it. That’s it.

Agreed. No matter the hostility we may show at times, 90% of us here say what we say because we want the game to be better.

• Q: Will TB actually bother to answer anything here?

• Q: Can you announce Chivalry 2 ASAP? Or do you inted to only announce it after you’ve implemented more skins into the game so people will buy more of them instead of holding of their money for Chiv 2?

@Albert!:

Q: Will there ever be a new balance council? Why/why not?

What an embarrassing and cringy question.

• Q: Do you guys have a plan laid out for future development of CMW or are guys just updating when you feel its needed?

Q: Will there be another balance patch? Even a small one that does something about the current hit trade meta is sorely needed.

Q: Will the low rank servers ever get reduced in numbers (or better yet be removed), new players reach level 16 go into the normal servers which for the most part are only filled with 30+ ranked, get destroyed with little chance currently. Whereas before the low ranked servers, the normal servers had much more variety in ranks and allowed a much better experience for everyone (could actually find a server at anytime). Or possibly try and change the rank limit in the low rank servers to something like 1-10, give them enough time to get the basic attacks and parry without allowing them to get comfortable like many of them currently do.

• @Ramses_IV:

What an embarrassing and cringy question.

ehh, better question would’ve been if there would ever be a balance patch anyway

• @Rickvs:

Inb4 Greg disagrees;
    No Greg, removing some lowrank servers will not result in noobs always getting “destroyed”, nor does every Chivalry player like nothing more than destroying said noobs.
    Reducing the amount of lowrank servers will ensure new players will also have to join normal servers, where they’ll find a balanced amount of veteran players and other new players who didn’t/couldn’t join a lowrank server either.

Veteren players already join the low rank servers using family share accounts. The only real reason for removing the low rank servers is so regular servers can be found when the population dips. They are so many and populated because of the family share accounts.

• This post is deleted!

• Updated OP with some of your guy’s questions. Copy + Pasting isn’t fun on a phone, so I had to rewrite most of the questions. Whether that is good or bad is for.you guys to decide.