Torn banner…. what hardware should i buy?

• Also, doesn’t bsmoothframes just sync the frames er…I forget. Is bsmoothframes actually beneficial if you’re playing @ ~ 60 fps?

• can only confirm… once again i have less fps than pre patch and the html menu hasn’t changed anything about that even if the patch notes would like to indicate that, the newly added skins from the fantasy contest surely don’t help much either.
    i have even tried turning the basic shadows off but even after that i struggle to get 120fps i got 120 straight before with big margins partially, on classic maps already… ffs, excluding battlegrounds.
    basically already having everything set to low but only character models to high which in some regards already makes it look like a good n64 game xD. sometimes i open the game and it is smooth. not only does every patch make it worse, it feels like everytime i start the game i either get it working or not.
    no placebo, it is pretty borked and tb should seriously release a real performance patch to clean up the junk…

• for those of you saying to turn everything off…

I DO

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=381323198

3770k, gtx680, ssd, 8gb ram. Can’t run chivalry with good frames on low.

Again, not the top of the line pc, but can’t run chiv on low? please. I was perfect before the patch man, well almost. Now frame drops a LOT and it’s worse on certain maps than others. Yet again, darkforest is probably the best frame wise but I’m even getting drops on there which was flawless before. I’d say that drunken bazaar has to be the worst for frames. Then again pre-this patch belmez i had frame drops in certain areas but I hear a lot of people did in certain spots on that map so i write that one off.

I know everyone has different hardware and such, and maybe the game just likes certain shit more than other shit.

and thanks Ret, i was actually considering getting a 980 soon but maybe i’ll wait for the driver issues to subside first ;)

• This post is deleted!

• The only time I get consistent 120 FPS no drops is on tavern.

• @50ShadesofClay:

for those of you saying to turn everything off…

I DO

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=381323198

man, your field of view is on max, thats clearly the cause of your problems

• @J-P:

Man, you can’t complain while still having ragdolls at 2 or vignette on. I have ragdolls at 0 and vignette off, still every now and then my fps drops down to 100 from 120 on most maps. Sometimes it goes all the way down to 90.

vignette turns itself back on every time i play again. I just stopped bothering turning it off considering it will just turn itself back on every time. Same with my server filters always defaulting to 3rd person.

and really? fov? what should i turn down to 90 to play this game so i can’t see shit?

• Man i’d kill for 90-100 fps lol. I must be lucky, vignette stayed off after my ini edit.

• @50ShadesofClay:

vignette turns itself back on every time i play again. I just stopped bothering turning it off considering it will just turn itself back on every time. Same with my server filters always defaulting to 3rd person.

and really? fov? what should i turn down to 90 to play this game so i can’t see shit?

Yes, this. I’ve been asking everyone how to turn stupid vignette off. It became an option under video settings after the “fight for balance” patch was released. The one with the major menu changes etc… I’ve gone into the .ini file and changed the command from True to False and it still comes back on by itself. I play on 130 FoV, ragdolls, everything else on lowest and I get constant 60fps except for sudden drops that sadly occur fairly often. My hardware isn’t spectacular by any means, but it wasn’t a total “budget” rig either; and it’s newer than this game (or about the same age). HD 7870 OC @ 1.2 GHZ, AMD FX-8350 OC 4.5 GHZ and 8 GB RAM.

• This post is deleted!

• I never understood what vignette does; is it really relevant for fps?

• The problem I have with dropping to 60 FPS (even if it is still “optimal”) is that because I’m used to playing on 120fps/120hz it completely ****s my eyes with how stuttery it looks, but yeah I’m dropping down to 60-70 fps on maps like Drunken Bazaar, Belmez etc…basically all the new ones, I find it really funny that when I tried Evolve’s “BIG ALPHA” back in November, it ran largely better than Chivalry (and thats a damn Cryengine 3 game when it was in ALPHA).

• @Skl3ros:

I never understood what vignette does; is it really relevant for fps?

From what I understand Vignetting is that shite Inner Shadow effect Chivalry always seems to have which covers the outside of your screen to draw attention to the center.

• @Planetus:

The problem I have with dropping to 60 FPS (even if it is still “optimal”) is that because I’m used to playing on 120fps/120hz it completely ****s my eyes with how stuttery it looks, but yeah I’m dropping down to 60-70 fps on maps like Drunken Bazaar, Belmez etc…basically all the new ones, I find it really funny that when I tried Evolve’s “BIG ALPHA” back in November, it ran largely better than Chivalry (and thats a damn Cryengine 3 game when it was in ALPHA).

this man, people say they’d "kill for 100fps etc… but when you have your settings set for 120fps and you’re only getting 60, you’re missing like half the frames you’re supposed to see which makes it just as bad as say playing at 60fps and getting like 50 or 40. I cannot play at 60fps anymore because even the mouse movement isn’t smooth at 60. When i played constantly at 60fps I didn’t notice because I didn’t know any better. Going from 120+ to 60 now is like I can’t see shit. This game needs frames to be able to play well in, and i’m not getting them.

and yeah vignette is that shitty blue shit on the border of the shitty screen. It really only seems to come out during the menus or scoreboard and shit.

I have opinions about how shitty the mechanics are and i guess they are only opinions that some agree with and some don’t… but for fucks sake if i have to constantly just say fine i’ll play this game with the shitty mechanics, at least let me see the shitty mechanics at a good frame rate.

• I have a BenQ XL2411Z monitor, 8GB of RAM, a GTX 760 for a graphics card and an i3 2100. I play with all graphics set to low so my FPS is mostly locked to 120 in smaller maps, but once you go on servers with 24 players or more, it starts dropping. Even drops to 40 or 50 in the new TO maps. Fucking unbelievable.

• I remember when I tested the new maps, workshop wise, they had great FPS, all of them.

• @Xylvion:

I remember when I tested the new maps, workshop wise, they had great FPS, all of them.

Yep. TB always needs to convert them to their internal build or something - After that there is always a drop in FPS :/

• i have a OC’d 970 gtx, i7 2600k @5.2ghz and 16gb 1600mhz ram

i can play at 120hz / 120fps on max settings on 1920x1080 even on 40+ player servers

just copy my setup clay

• Mod

GTX 980
    i5 4670K
    12GB ddr3 ram

Game still gets FPS drops on 32 player servers. Drops from 120 to 100 randomly.

• I used to be in the “dropping framerate boat (ie dipping into the 40s)” then I upgraded from a Core i7 860 to a 4790k CPU. Same exact video card (GTX 670) and I now get double the framerate and near constant 120fps. Also using 120 FOV and 1920x1080 res, bells and whistles turned off. This game relies heavily on the CPU it seems and you would benefit from getting the most powerful/newest generation CPU you can afford, imho. Especially in 24+ player TO’s.