Torn banner…. what hardware should i buy?

• i think that the gtx 660 bottlenecks the i7 you have

its not server related lol

• The recent patches seem to be doing wonders for my fps. Used to struggle getting 120fps and seem to be less stutter in animations and gameplay in general.

I’m running SLI 980s, 3570k @ 4.5ghz and RAM @ 8gb 2133mhz at the moment though. Though sli doesnt work with chiv. I’ve had 670s and 780s previously and they would get me around 90 fps in the previous patches.

• @CRUSHED:

i have a OC’d 970 gtx, i7 2600k @5.2ghz and 16gb 1600mhz ram

i can play at 120hz / 120fps on max settings on 1920x1080 even on 40+ player servers

just copy my setup clay

This is pretty much how it works. Overclock your CPU like hell and you can probably run at 120fps in almost any situation.

My 2700K @ 4,6Ghz ran better than my current 5820K @ 3,8Ghz. This game is only limited by shit CPU optimisation. As I’ve said before I can run Battlefield 4 with every setting maxed out and never see FPS drop below 110 (2x GTX970) even with 64 players.

This game though; a bit of lava in Citadel and it’s 90fps city even with every graphics setting on low at 1080p. I could make Chiv run considerably better by overclocking, but it’s sad that a 3,8Ghz Haswell doesn’t have enough single core power to run it properly.

• Prepare for the next patch by simulating lag with setting FPS cap to 29 and connecting with dial-up.

• Seriously though disable Vignette in the .ini file. It fixed all my frame drops and sound errors.

I have:

i5-3570k - 3.4GHz
    Radeon R9 280 3GB
    8GB RAM

and get 120fps on all maps except arena with 24 people, and battlegrounds with 32 people (drops to about 70-80). I have a 60hz monitor though so it doesn’t matter much for me.

• @CRUSHED:

i think that the gtx 660 bottlenecks the i7 you have

its not server related lol

i don’t have 660 he does, and apparently plays fine. But probably at 60fps. I usually don’t have fps issues, usually just for like 2-3 weeks following a patch. I have 680 but even long ago when i had like a 295 i played this game at 60fps. 60fps is easy to keep steady man can do it with 4 or 5 series.

Plus the fact that I run all graphics on low man. I used to be able to play this game beautifully when i first got my 144hz monitor and it was the glory days, now i have to play on low graphics. Oh well man, going to buy a new gpu soon and then we’ll see I guess.

you know what… that makes me think. Maybe it’s the fact that i’m running 144hz on my monitor but only doing 120fps. Is that a thing? Maybe i can set my monitor to 120 just for chiv lol. I would not think it would be a problem to overhz the fps but… i could try it I suppose.

• yes its a thing

if you have less fps then your hz then the game will appear choppy

• @50ShadesofClay:

i don’t have 660 he does, and apparently plays fine. But probably at 60fps. I usually don’t have fps issues, usually just for like 2-3 weeks following a patch. I have 680 but even long ago when i had like a 295 i played this game at 60fps. 60fps is easy to keep steady man can do it with 4 or 5 series.

Plus the fact that I run all graphics on low man. I used to be able to play this game beautifully when i first got my 144hz monitor and it was the glory days, now i have to play on low graphics. Oh well man, going to buy a new gpu soon and then we’ll see I guess.

you know what… that makes me think. Maybe it’s the fact that i’m running 144hz on my monitor but only doing 120fps. Is that a thing? Maybe i can set my monitor to 120 just for chiv lol. I would not think it would be a problem to overhz the fps but… i could try it I suppose.

you have that asus vg2 something monitor every one has I’m guessing? I have that and don’t have stuttering issues.

• Mod

Don’t waste your money on hardware to support this game. Spend the money to make your PC a beast for future games. This games about as optimized as my shit after a few nights in a row on the beers.

• @swagfox:

you have that asus vg2 something monitor every one has I’m guessing? I have that and don’t have stuttering issues.

http://www.amazon.com/VG278HE-27-Inch-Screen-LED-lit-Monitor/dp/B00906HM6K

this one I believe. no the monitor is not the issue, monitor is sweet and I love it.

• @50ShadesofClay:

http://www.amazon.com/VG278HE-27-Inch-Screen-LED-lit-Monitor/dp/B00906HM6K

this one I believe. no the monitor is not the issue, monitor is sweet and I love it.

Typical Stockholm Syndrome

• Mod

My LG Flatron W1943T is starting to show it’s age I guess. Time to move on to something better, but no idea what haha.

• @Tyoson:

My LG Flatron W1943T is starting to show it’s age I guess. Time to move on to something better, but no idea what haha.

http://www.amazon.com/BenQ-XL2420TE-Performance-24-Inch-Monitor/dp/B00D7IG556

if u have a strong computer

• Definitely try running your LCD @ 120hz. I don’t notice the difference from 120hz - 144hz :-/

• I think as far as framerate goes, anyway, that it’s a case of diminishing returns after 120.

• I can just barely notice a difference between 120hz and 144hz. I also tried running the game at 120hz but it actually felt choppy while 120fps @ 144hz doesn’t. I guess without V-sync “max fps” always feels a bit choppy even with minimal frametime variance.

• @Fang:

I can just barely notice a difference between 120hz and 144hz. I also tried running the game at 120hz but it actually felt choppy while 120fps @ 144hz doesn’t. I guess without V-sync “max fps” always feels a bit choppy even with minimal frametime variance.

i found it kinda awkward but i made the same observations, 120hz feels more stuttery even though game is capped at 120fps online anyways, in theory playing 120hz without vsync should be the best if u can get a completely stable framerate but most of the times u can’t and since u still can get the all 120 frames with 144hz but simply drawn in more parts u should at least still see it more cleary or with a faster response time then, forcing 120fps on 144hz leads to some kind of stuttering but the jumpiness of fps alone probably compensates for that. the more hz the better and i am anyways to lazy to change it in windows every time since i havn’t found the proper refresh rate setting in ini file yet.

also can anyone eloborate on the new animation lod option in graphics menu? is it bound to distance only?

• Mod

@CRUSHED:

http://www.amazon.com/BenQ-XL2420TE-Performance-24-Inch-Monitor/dp/B00D7IG556

if u have a strong computer

Pure strength, 0 defence. Cheers.

• @filthypeasant:

also can anyone eloborate on the new animation lod option in graphics menu? is it bound to distance only?

Yeah I thought it would be smoother at 120hz but I guess that frametimes aren’t consistent enough. 144hz helps with tearing too I think, although you can’t really see the tearing anyway at 120hz.

I tested a few options and only difference I found was that animations look really choppy from far away if you lower the LOD bias setting. I have set it to high because I can still get 120fps and I don’t really like those low FPS animations.

It shouldn’t affect anyone who’s close enough to fight you - probably just makes the game less tasking if your PC is not too fast.