Torn banner…. what hardware should i buy?

• @50ShadesofClay:

i don’t have 660 he does, and apparently plays fine. But probably at 60fps. I usually don’t have fps issues, usually just for like 2-3 weeks following a patch. I have 680 but even long ago when i had like a 295 i played this game at 60fps. 60fps is easy to keep steady man can do it with 4 or 5 series.

Plus the fact that I run all graphics on low man. I used to be able to play this game beautifully when i first got my 144hz monitor and it was the glory days, now i have to play on low graphics. Oh well man, going to buy a new gpu soon and then we’ll see I guess.

you know what… that makes me think. Maybe it’s the fact that i’m running 144hz on my monitor but only doing 120fps. Is that a thing? Maybe i can set my monitor to 120 just for chiv lol. I would not think it would be a problem to overhz the fps but… i could try it I suppose.

you have that asus vg2 something monitor every one has I’m guessing? I have that and don’t have stuttering issues.

• Mod

Don’t waste your money on hardware to support this game. Spend the money to make your PC a beast for future games. This games about as optimized as my shit after a few nights in a row on the beers.

• @swagfox:

you have that asus vg2 something monitor every one has I’m guessing? I have that and don’t have stuttering issues.

http://www.amazon.com/VG278HE-27-Inch-Screen-LED-lit-Monitor/dp/B00906HM6K

this one I believe. no the monitor is not the issue, monitor is sweet and I love it.

• @50ShadesofClay:

http://www.amazon.com/VG278HE-27-Inch-Screen-LED-lit-Monitor/dp/B00906HM6K

this one I believe. no the monitor is not the issue, monitor is sweet and I love it.

Typical Stockholm Syndrome

• Mod

My LG Flatron W1943T is starting to show it’s age I guess. Time to move on to something better, but no idea what haha.

• @Tyoson:

My LG Flatron W1943T is starting to show it’s age I guess. Time to move on to something better, but no idea what haha.

http://www.amazon.com/BenQ-XL2420TE-Performance-24-Inch-Monitor/dp/B00D7IG556

if u have a strong computer

• Definitely try running your LCD @ 120hz. I don’t notice the difference from 120hz - 144hz :-/

• I think as far as framerate goes, anyway, that it’s a case of diminishing returns after 120.

• I can just barely notice a difference between 120hz and 144hz. I also tried running the game at 120hz but it actually felt choppy while 120fps @ 144hz doesn’t. I guess without V-sync “max fps” always feels a bit choppy even with minimal frametime variance.

• @Fang:

I can just barely notice a difference between 120hz and 144hz. I also tried running the game at 120hz but it actually felt choppy while 120fps @ 144hz doesn’t. I guess without V-sync “max fps” always feels a bit choppy even with minimal frametime variance.

i found it kinda awkward but i made the same observations, 120hz feels more stuttery even though game is capped at 120fps online anyways, in theory playing 120hz without vsync should be the best if u can get a completely stable framerate but most of the times u can’t and since u still can get the all 120 frames with 144hz but simply drawn in more parts u should at least still see it more cleary or with a faster response time then, forcing 120fps on 144hz leads to some kind of stuttering but the jumpiness of fps alone probably compensates for that. the more hz the better and i am anyways to lazy to change it in windows every time since i havn’t found the proper refresh rate setting in ini file yet.

also can anyone eloborate on the new animation lod option in graphics menu? is it bound to distance only?

• Mod

@CRUSHED:

http://www.amazon.com/BenQ-XL2420TE-Performance-24-Inch-Monitor/dp/B00D7IG556

if u have a strong computer

Pure strength, 0 defence. Cheers.

• @filthypeasant:

also can anyone eloborate on the new animation lod option in graphics menu? is it bound to distance only?

Yeah I thought it would be smoother at 120hz but I guess that frametimes aren’t consistent enough. 144hz helps with tearing too I think, although you can’t really see the tearing anyway at 120hz.

I tested a few options and only difference I found was that animations look really choppy from far away if you lower the LOD bias setting. I have set it to high because I can still get 120fps and I don’t really like those low FPS animations.

It shouldn’t affect anyone who’s close enough to fight you - probably just makes the game less tasking if your PC is not too fast.