Faction Class Differences

• Noticing how different the class models look for each faction, I came up with an idea. The idea is to have every class also function differently for each faction. For example, a Mason Knight would be different from an Agatha Knight in some way. This would add more strategies, and variety to the game. As well as an actual difference between the Factions, so players would have a reason to favor one. Here is a list of my proposed differences:

Archer.
    Agatha: The Agatha Archer would have higher speed, lower armor, and therefore excel at ranged weaponry.
    Mason: The Mason archer would have lower speed, higher armor, and therefore excel at backstabbing.

Man at Arms.
    Agatha: The Agatha Man at Arms would have higher speed, lower armor, and therefore excel at Hit&Run tactics.
    Mason: The Mason Man at Arms would have lower speed, higher armor, and therefore excel at quickly pushing the front lines or capturing objectives.

Vanguard.
    There would be no difference between the Agatha and Mason Vanguard, so they can still maintain a true middle ground of all the classes.

Knight.
    Agatha: The Agatha Knight would have lower speed, higher armor, and therefore excel at absorbing blows, and defending teammates or objectives.
    Mason: The Mason Knight would have higher speed, lower armor, and therefore excel at dishing damage, and holding the front line.

• Gonna have to disagree with this completely. Would be a balance nightmare and make people favor a certain side, leading to potential team stacking.

• I’m with Sly on this.

“Archer.
    Agatha: The Agatha Archer would have higher speed, lower armor, and therefore excel at ranged weaponry.
    Mason: The Mason archer would have lower speed, higher armor, and therefore excel at backstabbing.”

Wouldn’t someone backstabbing want to be quick? Get in, stab, get out? This is just one example of how this system (or at least the reasoning behind it) wouldn’t be a good idea. Sorry mate.

• Not to mention to make things even you’d have to attack and defend twice on a map in competitive play rather than only attack once and defend once.

• @HeinzMcDurgen:

I’m with Sly on this.

“Archer.
    Mason: The Mason archer would have lower speed, higher armor, and therefore excel at backstabbing.”

Wouldn’t someone backstabbing want to be quick? Get in, stab, get out?

Yeah, that’s true. But I was thinking someone who is going in to backstab would take at least a couple hits.