Bring back the warbow.

• As all of you know the warbow has turned into complete donkey shit. Why can’t it 1hit archers with BROADHEAD arrows to the torso? Its the strongest bow in the game. Why can the normal crossbow do it at this point in the game but not the warbow. Buff broadheads. At its current state the warbow is utterly useless against another good archer, even using broadheads. They can easily hit you two or more times with a longbow or shortbow and kill you, while you have to try and kill them with the same amount of shots but over a much much longer amount of time. Pls bring back the original warbow we all knew and loved. Imo archer flinch should als be re-added to the game. Its only realistic if you think about it. What kind of person would remained unharmed and not staggered from a arrow hitting them. Its pretty much like it doesnt effect them at all and they can continue to do whatever they want. It also puts archers at a disadvantage when their enemy is upclose to them and they are attempting to make that last second shot before the enemy kills them. But with not flinch, even if the arrow does hit the target, the archer is pretty much dead from the incoming attack.

• Yes. .

• To all the melee fan boys crying, slight damage buff for broadheads would make no difference to you. Right now it’s more beneficial for archers to go crossbow anyways and focus the melee 'cause counter-archering was the most important aspect of warbow.

Mercs mod showed one possible way for the archers to go but one big flaw is balance between archer weapons.

• I still wreck with the Warbow.

• @parkrangerstan:

I still wreck with the Warbow.

That’s most likely 'cause you’re 'murican and no one there knows how to take full advantage of crossbows.
    To prove my point, look at the last 'murican tourney. I taught skillz everything I knew and bigs got rekt hard.

• Pre-nerf warbow was dumb, overly versatile, and OP. There’s a reason 98% of archers used it exclusively.

• @J-P:

That’s most likely 'cause you’re 'murican and no one there knows how to take full advantage of crossbows.
    To prove my point, look at the last 'murican tourney. I taught skillz everything I knew and bigs got rekt hard.

Bigs got “rekt hard” because Bigs plays chivalry like once a week now (if that)- not to take anything away from skillz; they’re both the best archers I can think of. Second, I do well with the Warbow because I have impeccable accuracy; hitting a target twice isn’t difficult for me. I don’t even main archer anyway, but I still have ~500 hours playing it.

• @dudeface:

Pre-nerf warbow was dumb, overly versatile, and OP. There’s a reason 98% of archers used it exclusively.

Sure the pre-pre-nerf warbow was op. I’m sure a lot of people used the warbow 'cause they couldn’t bother learning a new play style that came with crossbows or javelins since it already was on par with crossbows, or they’d do worse with other weapons at first. Javelins are so much more op than warbow ever was.

• pre-nerf warbow was a dominant choice but crossbows and javelins were viable choices, especially LCB as JP showed

pre-archer flinch removal sling pebble could flinch teams to death

• RIP old sling flinch ;-;

I’m kinda undecided on the matter.
    On one hand, crossbows and javelins have always been the most frustrating setups to fight against using a melee class, while on the other hand pre-nerf Warbow had virtually no downsides when compared to the Longbow and Shortbow at least.

Oddly enough I do agree with this “archer buff” for the first time in my existence. Just double check for the Longbow and Shortbow not becoming an even less useful option, they’re already being outshined by their crossbow counterparts.

• I don’t main archer by any means, but when I do mess around with it, I really do prefer using warbow, bit more to it than point and click with crossbow. So, I wouldn’t mind if it did more damage to archers again, 1 hit to torso was nice for getting rid of them damn archers.

• so what happens when the archer on the other team is dead. is that archer going to wait until he comes back and not shoot anything till they return? if so i’m in.

• @50ShadesofClay:

so what happens when the archer on the other team is dead. is that archer going to wait until he comes back and not shoot anything till they return? if so i’m in.

Right now archers shoot at melee all the time instead of each other, so unless they’re nerfing the damage to shit you’re better off with people taking warbow and trying to counter-archer instead. You’ll still get shot, just a bit less.

• @J-P:

Right now archers shoot at melee all the time instead of each other, so unless they’re nerfing the damage to shit you’re better off with people taking warbow and trying to counter-archer instead. He’ll still shoot you, just a bit less.

Clay doesn’t understand this logic.

He also doesn’t understand that broadheads do less damage to him.

• Thing with these people is they still think that archers will get nerfed to shit if they whine enough so instead of taking some relief they keep pushing and pushing until they have nothing.

I guess they’re just scared that if they were fine with something archer related getting a slight buff, tbs would get the idea that they’re overall fine with archers’ current damage when in reality it’s just about balance between archer weapons.

• Make archers take more damage from arrows so they can keep their 1shot meta.

• @J-P:

Also, what’s up with this “We’re better because we’re from _________.” smug attitude that’s persisted on the forums for as long as I can remember? I see it from both NA and EU players, but frankly, more from EU players. There’s no merit in these claims. One of countless examples: Bigs was amazing with the crossbow ever since he started playing, and it has nothing to do with the “scene” he plays in; the crossbow has always been a popular choice here, but even more so now that the Warbow has been nerfed. This idea that just because you’re from ________ means you’re worse is just stupid. Both EU and NA have excellent crossbow archers, and I see no evidence to suggest otherwise.

• Relying on headshots is getting tiresome.

As I primarily use bows, I’d really like my archer 1HK OPTION back. There really was no reason to take it away. Pre-patch, the Shortbow had a niche with its flinch to assist melee and the warbow surpressed enemy archers. Sure by comparison the longbow wasnt special by any means but it was flexible and it still is now.

Crossbows right now are just flat out better. Until the old warbow comes back, I’ll be pounding knights with bodkins.

• @parkrangerstan:

Also, what’s up with this “We’re better because we’re from _________.” smug attitude that’s persisted on the forums for as long as I can remember? I see it from both NA and EU players, but frankly, more from EU players. There’s no merit in these claims. One of countless examples: Bigs was amazing with the crossbow ever since he started playing, and it has nothing to do with the “scene” he plays in; the crossbow has always been a popular choice here, but even more so now that the Warbow has been nerfed. This idea that just because you’re from ________ means you’re worse is just stupid. Both EU and NA have excellent crossbow archers, and I see no evidence to suggest otherwise.

Get over it. This topic is for discussion regarding the warbow. Not that I dont find the fact that u feel the need to prove 'murica’s worth funny.

• @J-P:

Thing with these people is they still think that archers will get nerfed to shit if they whine enough so instead of taking some relief they keep pushing and pushing until they have nothing.

I guess they’re just scared that if they were fine with something archer related getting a slight buff, tbs would get the idea that they’re overall fine with archers’ current damage when in reality it’s just about balance between archer weapons.

More importantly, these people need to learn the difference between OVERPOWERED and ANNOYING. Archers are annoying, never been OP. Except for crossbows ofc : high damage, infinite range, infinite projectile speed, easiest aiming… And please TBS, REMOVE THE FUCKING CROSSHAIR. It’s a medieval game, not CoD, you shouldn’t have a crosshair on crossbows/bows. This, alongside with projectile speed nerf on crossbows, were the only things to do but noooo. Listen to whiners instead…