New crossbow skin annoying problem

• Hello TornBanner i just bought new crossbow skin… yes it looks cool but when i tried that skin ingame now it feels so different and very hard to aim( here’s my pic of two crossbows.

Before (120 view nozoom)

v35 beta (120 view nozoom)

@Kleptis:

Any chance they could aligned just a tad more please? The understand the design of these skins may be the cause of these problematic issues and how there are limitations to what adjustments can be done. But I figured I’d throw it out there and ask.

Thanks.

as you see the problem is the distance between crosshair and crossbow (its too close).
    Please change change it to defaultlike (left pic).
    God bless you.

• Yeah I agree. I stopped using it.

• This post is deleted!

• Yup, this needs to be fixed or else people won’t want to use the skin.

• I have the same problem with the eurasian shortbow. Its too bad because I really love that skin.
    People can literally dissappear behind the bow and this is with the normal fov. I can post comparison shots (with all bows) later.

• Sometimes you have to suffer for the sake of swag.

But really, what did you expect? The polycount model is a lot bulkier and more ornate than the standard crossbow, same with horsebow.

• @Kreittis:

Sometimes you have to suffer for the sake of swag.

But really, what did you expect? The polycount model is a lot bulkier and more ornate than the standard crossbow, same with horsebow.

I fail to understand your logic. Maybe it would make sense if the melee weapon skins auto-capped your fov to 60 and made it harder to see.

But hey maybe you’re right. Suck it up and say goodbye to the money I pissed away. There’s always 3rd person right?

• I don’t have this problem and I’ve been using this skin for the last week or so.

• @Kleptis:

I fail to understand your logic. Maybe it would make sense if the melee weapon skins auto-capped your fov to 60 and made it harder to see.

Brandisun and the hound longsword cover more screenspace than the standard weapons so it’s not like this is some kind of exclusive archer problem. I also fail to see what FOV has to do with this, archers can raise fov just like everyone else.

Judging distance with DLC skins is also a lot harder IMO because I’m more used to standard models so it’s not like I’m not suffering for the sake of swag either.

@Kleptis:

But hey maybe you’re right. Suck it up and say goodbye to the money I pissed away. There’s always 3rd person right?

I never said that. Did you expect DLC skins to be better than standard ones or something?

• I expected consistency. I admit to being at fault there. Because Chivalry. If folks are going to shrug their arms and say “So what?”, then so be it.

That being said, the newer skins SHOULDNT mess with what you’re used to. Melee or not. Some people just don’t like it.

I guess I’ll shut up now, though I believe your comparison between the two is vastly different. =P

• expecting consistency for DLC skins? Wulfric has never been consistent compared to the regular norse so why should the new skins be similar to their respective weapon?

• Thanks.I’m glad that devs trying to help but
    @Kleptis:

Any chance they could aligned just a tad more please?

yes please.

view 120 nozoom

• I’m crossing my fingers for xbox weapon skins. But I won’t hold my breath.