Attacks Landing Before Animation

• I’ve noticed this after the most recent hotfix, and some other people mentioned it in a thread, as well as some other skilled players who constantly duel. But attacks are landing noticeably before the animation lands. It’s really frustrating and it makes fighting with 1h’s more difficult, which I’ve always been good at. It’s almost as if TB slowed the animation down, but the actual hit lands sooner. I know nothing about how it works; and all I can offer is anecdotal evidence from myself and many others.

There’s a possibility it’s a server related issue, but I had decent ping when noticing this. Also, the fact that so many people have mentioned this all of a sudden makes me wonder. I would be really happy if the hotfix were reverted, minus the combo feint bug.

• In my experience this was worse before the hotfix.

• @dudeface:

In my experience this was worse before the hotfix.

Interesting. Perhaps I’ll make a video of the poor animation timing so that I have more to go on than testimonies and anecdotal evidence.

• for me it was worse after the hotfix.

• I can’t defend myself against some of the faster weapons. No idea when to parry. Sometimes I don’t even see the release

• not sure if it’s really bad server lag or an issue with animations/tracers etc. it seemed a lot worse when I tried 32bit mode.

• POSSIBLE EXPLANATION: everytime you’re moving (which will be all the time) and you attack, your character model jumps forward. It literally jumps forward. So if your opponent is already moving forward and stabs + lag = $$$???

• Not noticed this at all on a low ping server. Where is the video evidence.

• servers are laggy as fuck at the moment. no noticeable ping spikes from anyone and the server wasn’t even full. official 24p classic, and then a official 24p TO with the same effects.

• I noticed this increased on the 32p servers. Since they’re the place where Chivalry shows its laggy side (that’s why I stopped playing on them), I blame more and more lag for it.

• @omg87:

POSSIBLE EXPLANATION: everytime you’re moving (which will be all the time) and you attack, your character model jumps forward. It literally jumps forward. So if your opponent is already moving forward and stabs + lag = $$$???

That always happened though, nothing new there.