Remove votekick option from Official FFA servers

• I believe Official FFA servers should not have the votekick option. Most good players end up being voted out by butthurt scrubs.

For example:

http://prntscr.com/5xs0hn
    http://prntscr.com/5xs1qo

Cheaters can be reported to admins, such as knifelegs who is usually quite active. Not sure what other admins are as he is the only one that I have on my friendslist. But anyhow, I think this is a good idea to allow all players to be able to enjoy the game, and play it well, without fear of being kicked out for a pathetic reason.

EDIT: Accidentally posted this because for some reason pressing enter in the title thread stupidly posts the thread without confirmation. Somehow cant make this into a poll now so consider it a discussion instead.

EDIT 2: And this forum is so high tech it doesnt even let me edit the actual title. Oh well.

• When did this happen?

I saw two guys getting insta-votekicked out saturday night from Official FFA #5 just because they were lvl 40+. While they were getting voted out I had the change to run around and smash everyone upside the head a few times and then they realised I had to go too. I managed to get Monkey to go take care of it, though.

I agree that the votekicks in FFA servers are totally ridiculous 95 % of the time, the most used excuses being teaming and feinting etc. About 50% of the time votekicking 150+ pingers will not even work, so I say keep voting in team mode servers, and remove it from FFAs (ping limit would be needed).

If you can’t handle chat trolls then disable the chat or ignore it like you would do anywhere else on the internet.

• who even plays ffa anyway

• The percentage on FFA should just be raised really.

I can understand kicks for teaming as its rather unsporting. Though I won’t initiate a kick vote for teaming myself.

Or move to Australia where everyone is either well behaved or doesn’t even know of the existence of the votekick feature. Won’t be kicked for being too good there. If you can put up with the accents.

• @lemonater47:

The percentage on FFA should just be raised really.

I can understand kicks for teaming as its rather unsporting. Though I won’t initiate a kick vote for teaming myself.

Or move to Australia where everyone is either well behaved or doesn’t even know of the existence of the votekick feature. Won’t be kicked for being too good there. If you can put up with the accents.

Seriously Lemon this preaching is becoming boring. Aussies/NZ aren’t saints you know, there is no need to continually demonize EU either.

• @gndo:

Seriously Lemon this preaching is becoming boring. Aussies/NZ aren’t saints you know, there is no need to continually demonize EU either.

So it’s fine to demonise Americans just not Euros.

Maybe we are equally mindless. Just being upside down in the Southern Hemisphere everyones default vote is no rather than yes.

Either way no one gets kicked for being too good.

• Considering how just today I encountered a real hacker in a ffa(he was moving and swinging many times faster than possible)I’m going to have to say no. Vote kick can actually serve a good purpose.

• @lemonater47:

So it’s fine to demonise Americans just not Euros.

Maybe we are equally mindless. Just being upside down in the Southern Hemisphere everyones default vote is no rather than yes.

Either way no one gets kicked for being too good.

No, I’ve just not seen you bash NA yet.

• @gndo:

No, I’ve just not seen you bash NA yet.

I bash NA more than I bash EU lol. I wasn’t being specific above either. I was meaning the entire northern hemisphere.

You use American spelling anyway. Not very European of you.

• @lemonater47:

I bash NA more than I bash EU lol. I wasn’t being specific above either. I was meaning the entire northern hemisphere.

Or my phone changed it to demonize.

Anyway threads been hijacked enough.

• I made a point about this in another post. This “bashing” on someone or on a scene is usually without any merit and often boils down to the _substantial_ argument of “because you’re from ________ you are worse.”

Grow up children, and adults who still haven’t.

• @lemonater47:

Maybe we shouldn’t bash entire groups of people regardless of who they are. Didn’t you say all Australians were well-behaved?

• i’m thinking that no matter where you are, theres some bitch kid on the internet.

• @Karasu:

Maybe we shouldn’t bash entire groups of people regardless of who they are. Didn’t you say all Australians were well-behaved?

Well I ain’t Australian.

What I’m saying is these tons of these threads. Mostly on the steam forums.

Never seen one started by an Oceanic player.

Havent seen a kick due to skill in ages. Haven’t seen a successful one since 2013.

How often do you see these kind of kicks in pubs?

• ^Mostly because steam forum is toxic a lot of the time.

• @gndo:

^Mostly because steam forum is toxic a lot of the time.

Well yes but that has nothing to do with people’s attitude in game. It’s just where they go to complain about the actions of others in the game.

Hell on the steam forums you are considered an elitist for knowing how to use the class selection screen to change weapons.