Mid Level Skill Servers?

• I was wondering if there was any word going around of mid level ranked only servers? After getting the hang of the game somewhat during the low rank servers I was somewhat confident in going into the higher servers. However, there is always at least 2 people who are 50+ whenever i seem to find a good server that just ruin the game. This is when everyone says its part of the game, learn… However, why even bother with having low rank if you’re going to say that, I would rather have a server where people are at same skill levels where they are either just seeing accelerated swings for the first time or even practicing, not full mastery and killing me before i can even do anything… So overall, any mid servers out there?

• Just try to recognize them on the battlefield and avoid them if you can. Some hide their gold helm but you can figure out which class they are and weapon they are using.

Or you can just brandistock them, totally annoys them.

Mid level wouldnt actually work - once you have the rank filter checkbox checked it hides all servers with any rank filter - regardless of whether you rank is appropriate.

• all pub servers are mid skill I think

• if you want just go Classic Duel and only fight people that are your skill level. or you can fight level 50s in classic duel and get used to fighting them so that they wont be a prob in pub servers

• You won’t find much better opponents on old duel servers vs Official Duel servers. The ranks are higher on Old but for the most part the standard (these days) is the same. In fact I would recommend you to stay on official Duel mode if you are playing on Europe because the classic duel servers in EU is a messy experience of FFAing - Players rank 40+ (thats about 500-600 hours game) Still debating feints in chat, vote kicking and players refusing duels.

The official duel mode is a overall better experience and for the long term enjoyment I recommend the official.

• @Najo:

You won’t find much better opponents on old duel servers vs Official Duel servers. The ranks are higher on Old but for the most part the standard (these days) is the same. In fact I would recommend you to stay on official Duel mode if you are playing on Europe because the classic duel servers in EU is a messy experience of FFAing - Players rank 40+ (thats about 500-600 hours game) Still debating feints in chat, vote kicking and players refusing duels.

The official duel mode is a overall better experience and for the long term enjoyment I recommend the official.

Official duel servers are also good because you face a variety of weapons and styles, as opposed to just longsword and whatever is currently meta/OP (maul atm). Later at night you have fewer total noobs you have to wade through in order to get to a decent match up.

As najo said, classic duel servers are griefing hotspots now. There’s usually a camping archer or two, or sometimes ‘regulars’ who don’t recognise your name consider you fair game to body block, ffa and just generally troll. Didn’t used to be like that, anyone not duelling on the old ‘Grandmace to your face’ would get kicked after a warning or at the very least ganked by everyone else until they either stopped or left.

• @Najo:

players refusing duels.

Since when is refusing a duel poor etiquette?

• Community’s too small for this, there’s too many low rank servers already. Chivalry is about the mastery of your skill, not getting easy KDs when you’re still bad.

• Im not asking for easy kills what I am asking if when i go to duel servers (which i have been to improve) I do better than something like 4-20 where half of the deaths are just because I was purely outplayed and dont know it as well. If its a matter of servers it doesnt look like to me that there is a shortage of them considering how many low ranked servers there are and normal ones. I was more so talking about a better transition server like a rank 15-25/30 then 30-100. I am not just the typical person who has thrown their hands up after a few games unable to get a kill and whine about not being in low rank, I have been attempting, but again that learning curve is rather steep.

• @onleadwings:

Im not asking for easy kills what I am asking if when i go to duel servers (which i have been to improve) I do better than something like 4-20 where half of the deaths are just because I was purely outplayed and dont know it as well. If its a matter of servers it doesnt look like to me that there is a shortage of them considering how many low ranked servers there are and normal ones. I was more so talking about a better transition server like a rank 15-25/30 then 30-100. I am not just the typical person who has thrown their hands up after a few games unable to get a kill and whine about not being in low rank, I have been attempting, but again that learning curve is rather steep.

So go rent one from Simrai, they setup everything CMW for you (they will customize the map list and everything) and doesnt cost very much. Then you can make it a mid rank range.

• all i was asking is if rumors were going around about more separate servers, not about buying one. Thanks for the site though, it is a good price

• When we started, there were no low rank servers. Even in closed beta, the skill cap was extremely steep and we all started going 3-35 and were proud of those 3 kills. There were perma-feint Norse swords and the halberd stabbed even faster than the old Norse and daggers. But we sat through it, we kept getting owned over and over until we started asking “How can I get better?” on the forums and in game and we got our answers, we practiced and learned, now we’re pubstomping you and expecting the same. There should be far less low rank servers and definitely no mid rank servers. Get stomped until you adapt and gitgud. That’s what Chivalry is about. Mastery of skill, and it should never change. That’s what makes it good and keeps any kind of population.

• @SOC:

There should be far less low rank servers and definitely no mid rank servers. Get stomped until you adapt and gitgud.

Yeah, and some people wonder why 99,5% of players abandon the game after 20something hours.

• @petergriffin:

Yeah, and some people wonder why 99,5% of players abandon the game after 20something hours.

That’s not a fault with the game, it’s a fault with today’s gaming generation. They want it all for no effort.

• @gndo:

That’s not a fault with the game, it’s a fault with today’s gaming generation. They want it all for no effort.

It doesn’t have anything to do with gaming generation it is just how people are. I survived hours of getting slaughtered because I was excited about this game and wanted to be able to have fun with it at some point. Some (probably over 90%) people might just like the game, but they have a shitload of other games to play that they don’t suck at and some other, not frustrating things to do. At some point they have dozens of frustrating hours of getting stomped behind them, even more hours of getting stomped in front of them and they give up and never return, which is understandable. Retaining more people is just better for the game.

I personally like basketball, but would I be happy to only play with much better players which won’t pass me the ball on offense and bulldoze me on defense? Probably not.

• @petergriffin:

It doesn’t have anything to do with gaming generation it is just how people are. I survived hours of getting slaughtered because I was excited about this game and wanted to be able to have fun with it at some point. Some (probably over 90%) people might just like the game, but they have a shitload of other games to play that they don’t suck at and some other, not frustrating things to do. At some point they have dozens of frustrating hours of getting stomped behind them, even more hours of getting stomped in front of them and they give up and never return, which is understandable. Retaining more people is just better for the game.

I personally like basketball, but would I be happy to only play with much better players which won’t pass me the ball on offense and bulldoze me on defense? Probably not.

If “90%” of people as you say just want to play casually then they should expect to get stomped by players who play more often.

Also your analogy at the end doesn’t apply here, as your average pub game isn’t full only of good players, in fact, most are not good.

• @gndo:

If “90%” of people as you say just want to play casually then they should expect to get stomped by players who play more often.

No, they would play against other casuals if there would be mid-rank servers which is kinda the point of this thread. And out of these 90% some players would git gud helping the competitive scene grow.

@gndo:

Also your analogy at the end doesn’t apply here, as your average pub game isn’t full only of good players, in fact, most are not good.

I’m rank 30 and I’m almost always in the bottom half rank-wise on EU public servers, with multiple 40s and 50s, some of them might not be good by competitive standards, but they are good enough to make a rank 16 leave the game forever.

• I’m pretty sure it was easier to learn back in the day than it is now, just as people have learnt how to (ab)use the game’s mechanics.

• @petergriffin:

No, they would play against other casuals if there would be mid-rank servers which is kinda the point of this thread. And out of these 90% some players would git gud helping the competitive scene grow.

I’m rank 30 and I’m almost always in the bottom half rank-wise on EU public servers, with multiple 40s and 50s, some of them might not be good by competitive standards, but they are good enough to make a rank 16 leave the game forever.

So you’re saying in an average pub game there is more rank 40s and 50s than lower ranks? Not in my experience, and anyways rank =/= talent.

• @gndo:

So you’re saying in an average pub game there is more rank 40s and 50s than lower ranks? Not in my experience,

No, I’m saying that average rank on the public servers is pretty high, I was on some public TO 3 minutes ago and I was the 17th highest rank out of 22 people (being rank 30).

and anyways rank =/= talent.

Looking from a low rank perspective it does matter, he has zero chance against good rank 40 and close to zero chance against a bad rank 40.