This game is so utterly broken…

• …and yet we are still addicted to it.

Why’s that? Because the game’s basic battle mechanic is unique. Also the sounds and graphics are great (excluding customization from barbarians skins and later). Then there’s the community which consists like every online game community of a lot of douchy assholes but also really cool people who are fun to play with.

But seriously this game is so beta, if I’d recorded the game since my last “Inconsistency” video, I could’ve done 20 more of those by now. There is not one round playing that I don’t think to myself, why am I still playing this broken game?

I’ve already lost hope, that this game will ever be fixed. What a shame! It’s so much potential.

• I quit the game a long time ago to wait until TB fixes the game… still waiting.

• Quit it while you have sanity left and wait for slasher

• @Monsteri:

Quit it while you have sanity left and wait for slasher

Or You know… Keep playing and become insane. ;)

• I dunno why everyone says the game’s broken. I haven’t encountered that many glitches or anything, and the game runs fine for me.

I’m probably just an exception or something, I dunno.

• This post is deleted!

• lol bunch of whiners for a $5 game (when on sale). sigh kids today, always feel so entitled. Not so long ago people were so grateful that people actually created a game for the computer. With a good computer and internet connection the bugs are infrequent enough to be trivial enough. Just a few important things left (like kicks working properly, ballistae bug, etc.) New maps need some love as well to balance up.

• This post is deleted!

• @ToLazy4Name:

I dunno why everyone says the game’s broken. I haven’t encountered that many glitches or anything, and the game runs fine for me.

I’m probably just an exception or something, I dunno.

You’re not an exception. This just looks like another venting type thread exaggerating the existing common issues. There are bugs that still need to be fixed, but Chiv is far from broken.

• Perhaps some of you guys haven’t played the game long enough to realise how many bugs/wtf moments happen.

• This is an awesome game imo, has it flaws but which game doesn’t?

Could be better, but that is what I expect from Chiv 2 now.

• This game unquestionably has its faults, but it also has the best and most intense gameplay of any multiplayer game I’ve ever played, so for that reason alone I’ll stick with it until there’s something better.

• Try list the major problems as you see them instead (you will be typing for a while) of merely complaining.

• @gndo:

Perhaps some of you guys haven’t played the game long enough to realise how many bugs/wtf moments happen.

Been playing Chiv consistently for 2 years. Been playing video games far longer than that, so I know a truly broken game when I see one. I also know that Vanguard and Greg usually have something constructive to say in their posts (I’ve seen many in various topics), so I’ll go out on a limb and assume they also know what they are talking about.

Try and keep some perspective in realizing this is an independent developer implementing a unique melee system that has a huge amount of dynamics to explore.

• the programmer that made the combat system hasnt worked at TBS in ages

• greg, this is a 25$ game. it was 25$ when we all bought it, unless you are new or something.