Ballistae

• There’s basically a 50% chance that they work as intended because of the following bugs with emphasis on the last one.
    1. They still rotate to a weird angle.
    2. You simply can’t shoot (clicking LMB and nothing happens).
    3. The shots simply fly through enemies without doing damage.

• I’ve had them fire in a completely different direction to where they are pointing.

• @lemonater47:

I’ve had them fire in a completely different direction to where they are pointing.

What do you mean with ‘completely’? I always took it as a feature that the shots were sometimes a little off because the ballista shot direction is not moving smooth but in little steps.

• From patch 30 ahahahahah :

• Fixed: Ballista sometimes rotate on the wrong axis and get rotation-limited

• @INerevar:

What do you mean with ‘completely’? I always took it as a feature that the shots were sometimes a little off because the ballista shot direction is not moving smooth but in little steps.

I mean 30 to 45 degress off. Usually doesn’t happen. But when it does it happens after I’ve done a big turn with it. I stop to aim for a bit then fire and it teamkills the poor bastard standing next to it. Flinging him off in completely the wrong direction.

• @lemonater47:

I mean 30 to 45 degress off. Usually doesn’t happen. But when it does it happens after I’ve done a big turn with it. I stop to aim for a bit then fire and it teamkills the poor bastard standing next to it. Flinging him off in completely the wrong direction.

I can confirm this. Sometimes it just happens out of the blue, however usually it happens when I interact with the ballista and then fire before moving it around (much). The client and server seem to have different ideas of what direction the ballista is aiming at.

• It only happens on the first shot for me as well.