Oilystool's Workshop

• Hello Community, Ive posted here before and since the 2nd round of DLC weapons will be added to the game, I was hoping to perhaps draw some more attention to the weapons I have created. I really would love to have some of my work in the game and maybe a little love from the community wouldn’t hurt.

There are my 3 items…

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=314431268&searchtext=
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=317821375&searchtext=
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=311766464&searchtext=

Before I ever participated in the Polycount contest,I played the hell out of Chivalry,and one of the things I loved about the game was the Medieval aesthetics. So every weapon I have submitted or will be submitting will hopefully be something different from whats in the game, but similar in look. Similar enough that if it gets accepted,whatever weapon or helmet I make will just blend in the game with the original weapons. Below are screenshots of what I have made and the weapons backstory.

Infidel’s Bane is called this due to the fact of how many crusaders it has killed in its day. The weapon is a new skin for the messer and the idea is that its a massive, Saracen made 2 handed Scimitar, made out of Damascus steel,which you can see in the form of the wavy lines on the blade. The sword is a trophy weapon brought back from the Holy Lands,intended to inspire dread other Knights how have perhaps seen it in action. Design wise the weapon is a bit decorative, but only because its a great weapon once wielded by a Saracen Knight.

The next weapon is a new skin for the grand mace called Devastator. The mace was inspired by Saruon’s mace in the the LOTR, but instead of keeping all the elements that made it look fantasy,I actually stripped them away to make a massive,cruel looking weapon,intended to be the bane of plate users. While the design was inspired by a fantasy weapon,i feel,it still has a look that would be believable within the CMW universe.

Finally,my first entry was a weapon skin for the Warhammer. The design is based off a Polish Medieval weapon called the Horse Pick and its intended to be a heavier,more brutal version of the Warhammer.

As you can see, nothing too over the top has been my goal and I will be moving on to a helmet to make a set out of the Saracen 2 handed scimitar.

I understand the MAA has a DLC helmet similar to my designs,but I ran it through TB and if tis high quality enough and different,they will accept it as well.

So if you like my weapon designs and havent upvoted them yet,please do and comment if you can,so perhaps TB will pick some of them next round.

Thanks

Oilystool

• As much as I like the Sauron’s Mace skin for Grand Mace, it’s probably not a good indicator of Grand Mace doing Blunt/Pierce damage, not just Blunt.

• they all look sick tbh, i want to see them ingame

especially sauron mace, looks awesome

• @Rickvs:

As much as I like the Sauron’s Mace skin for Grand Mace, it’s probably not a good indicator of Grand Mace doing Blunt/Pierce damage, not just Blunt.

I think if it’s an issue, I can easily take out the spike and resubmit.

@Zombojoe . It will be a month until TB starts looking to implement a 2nd round of user made DLC

• yeah im patiently waiting to see if TBS considers my stuff as well

• @Oilystool:

I think if it’s an issue, I can easily take out the spike and resubmit.

Actually, it’s the other way around. :)

Your mace looks like it deals massive blunt damage, while the little steel dildo known as Grand Mace has spikes on every side indicating its blunt/pierce status.

Don’t change it though, it looks awesome the way it does now. Same for the other assets.

• Love your work, I don’t think this problem about the mace is a big deal since official skins also differ a bit from their original damage type (ie barbaric maul skin with bird beak)

• @GRAT0R:

Love your work, I don’t think this problem about the mace is a big deal since official skins also differ a bit from their original damage type (ie barbaric maul skin with bird beak)

Thank you Grator, I plan on leaving it as it. If you notice this comparison between the two maces…

That spike is in the original as well,i just made it more prominent.

• So,having recently acquired more time to make armor, I have started to work on the helmet for a set I am working on. Work in progress thread is here…

http://www.polycount.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2249077#post2249077

So the helmet will be a set for Mason Kinght and it will be called “Saracen” set. The set will consist of weapons taken from the battlefield from fallen desert warriors, who faced off against Mason Knights on Crusade. So it will give a Mason Knight a more Arabian looking weapon and helmet. The set will look different off course but will fit in within the CMW world.

• Looks really nice, but I have a few opinions:

• I think it looks very thick from what I can tell by the cheek guards.
    • It looks like the whole helmet kind of sits high up in the Knights’ head, but it might just be me.
    • The nose guard could be narrower, but just personal opinion.
    • The top of the helmet would look better with that classic shape as seen in your reference pictures. It’s probably on its way though, since this is a WIP.

Hope you don’t take any offense, but here’s a crude photoshop of the things I mentioned:

Oh, and the “Saracens” in Chivalry lore are called Tenosians. Just mentioning that if you didn’t know. :)

• Thanks for the feedback,ill look at these things next time I work on the model again.

• These look realy good my friend. I realy would love to see the messer skin in game with that Ottoman knight armor, made out of damascus steel.

That would be S I C K indeed.

How about a damascus steel longsword. I think you can make alot of weapons based on that steel to make them look realy good. I just love the colour and patterns.

Keep it up you’re doing a good job and I will vote for you and buy it if it comes in the stores. I promise.

• First of all congrats to the winners on the 2nd round. Sadly the first round came and it sucks to not have been chosen, being overlooked on the second round is equally as disappointing. I think I’ll hang up my smithy’ hammer and move on to other projects. no point putting energy into something that isn’t worth it.

• @Oilystool:

First of all congrats to the winners on the 2nd round. Sadly the first round came and it sucks to not have been chosen, being overlooked on the second round is equally as disappointing. I think I’ll hang up my smithy’ hammer and move on to other projects. no point putting energy into something that isn’t worth it.

i wouldnt give up hope yet, they are going to be slowly adding more skins, I think they are preparing to make chiv F2P

• When I first joined this forum I actually bookmarked your workshop thread because I thought it was a great paradigm for myself. Well, it still is. I have to say I’m quite a bit confused regarding the items chosen to be included. No doubt they are all of high quality but I honestly don’t think they fit into the game. Too queer, too much fantasy, too WoWish.

• from what i can tell the chiv community wants realistic skins not fantasy skyrim stuff

TBS pls give ppl what they want

• @a:

When I first joined this forum I actually bookmarked your workshop thread because I thought it was a great paradigm for myself. Well, it still is. I have to say I’m quite a bit confused regarding the items chosen to be included. No doubt they are all of high quality but I honestly don’t think they fit into the game. Too queer, too much fantasy, too WoWish.

I don’t get it either, this round had some good entires. Mostly the swords. But some of the stuff, comes off as gimmicky and while aesthetically they are nice weapons but when you compare them to the original they look like they belong in other games. Or instance i don’t really care for weapons that are overly worn and broken. If there was a peasant class perhaps but if you went into battle versus armored Knights would you take a rickety blade with you? Probably not. The fact they are allowing weapons from the 0 all the way to 1500 is bothersome. I think stuff from 900ad and below starts to make the game look too Roman.

I’d be lying about my disappointment comes from being overlooked the first time and being told I just missed the cut the first time.I had hope for the second. But taking myself out of the equation I still want to see weapons that if you added them to the original, they would fit in but would not stick out. The ones who were overlooked who look like proper CMW weapons are.

• Reiver set
      -Hengest and Horsa double blade axe
      -Instigator set
      -Type XII Longsword
      -Awlpike
      -White Knight set

All of those are amazing weapons and would fit well within CMW

• How is that helmet coming along? :)

Here’s a bit of extra inspiration

• I am going to take a stab at making a sword :) So one sword yet untouched seemed to be the claymore, so that’s what I am going to be making. I want to give the sword a a little something extra besides the skin, so i am giving it a short story .

Short version is. Sword was once owned by a lord from the highlands who went on crusade to the holy lands. While fighting he becomes prisoner of a powerful Sultan, but the Sultan frees him and they become good friends for many many years. After the lord of the Highlands died, the Sultan wanted to send back a part of him as gratitude for their great friendship. So the Sultan took his old claymore sword,removed the rusting blade and replaced it with a newly reforged Damascus steel blade. After the Sultan sent the sword all the way back to the Highlands and it is a family relic.

So yeah, a Damascus steel Claymore. As you can see, the cross guards tips having been modified to look like crescents. Showing 1 of 3 aesthetic changes, the reforgers of the sword made. The pommel has the same crescent theme. And finally the blade made of wootz steel.

• Completed high poly model.