Spamming Votes during matches…

• During my testing today, I realized how much of an issue this has become so I have made the following changes:

1. Players now have to wait 10 mins between each vote initiation
    2. Players that have been voted against cannot receive another vote against for 2 mins

• Inb4 everyone says “about time”.

• That’s a change to official servers only correct? With…

;The minimum time between successvie kick votes against the same player
    fVoteTimeBetweenVoteKicksAgainstSamePlayer=60.0
    ;The minimum time between successive votes initiated by the same player
    fVoteTimeBetweenVotesFromOnePlayer=60.0

Or will new servers default to that setup?

• 1. 10 minutes is a bit long imo, 5 minutes would be okay too.

• @AmishInsurgent:

That’s a change to official servers only correct? With…

;The minimum time between successvie kick votes against the same player
    fVoteTimeBetweenVoteKicksAgainstSamePlayer=60.0
    ;The minimum time between successive votes initiated by the same player
    fVoteTimeBetweenVotesFromOnePlayer=60.0

Or will new servers default to that setup?

I’ve made the changes to
    fVoteTimeBetweenVoteKicksAgainstSamePlayer=120.000000
    fVoteTimeBetweenVotesFromOnePlayer=600.000000

but it will take effect on server restart

• Jesus 10 minutes seems like way too much for me. IMO maybe a couple of minutes should be enough to stop most spam.

• Maybe Torn Banner should do testing more often…

• Do some more testing please.

• A very much needed change. Thanks DaGGyzo.

• Lol. It was already hard to kick laggers with 100+ ping cause “anything under 200 is acceptable” for most plebeians, now it will be impossible. Thanks

• @LaPoutre:

Lol. It was already hard to kick laggers with 100+ ping cause “anything under 200 is acceptable” for most plebeians, now it will be impossible. Thanks

Well, that’s an argument.

There should be a color palette for the ping fonts like
    ping < 60 = green
    ping < 100 = yellow
    ping >= 100 = red

Same with the teamdamage fonts:
    td < 10% = green
    td < 20% = yellow
    td >= 20% = red

• @INerevar:

Well, that’s an argument.

There should be a color palette for the ping fonts like
    ping < 60 = green
    ping < 100 = yellow
    ping >= 100 = red

Same with the teamdamage fonts:
    td < 10% = green
    td < 20% = yellow
    td >= 20% = red

That is a pretty cool idea, actually.

• Thank you so much for this, very much appreciated!

• @LaPoutre:

Lol. It was already hard to kick laggers with 100+ ping cause “anything under 200 is acceptable” for most plebeians, now it will be impossible. Thanks

Eh, it’s only 2 minutes before someone can be voted for again. If someone is acting bad enough where the majority of the server wants them out then it shouldn’t be hard to locate a 2nd player to start a vote. Regardless of how annoying it is to fight someone with 150ping if most players don’t mind them there then they should be allowed to stay. The only time I’m ever voting multiple times in a map is when an official server fills up with people AFK spectating; which it would be nice to have an auto kick feature for that.

• I would like to see people’s idle time on the player list. When I see an afk player I don’t know if they just went off 10 seconds ago or if they’re been idle for a long time. It makes kicking them kind of risky.

• These changes aren’t really nessesary for australian servers. It’s a struggle trying to votekick someone that needs to be kicked.

• Hey everyone, TBS has implemented a new feature: choice. Now you have to choose which high ping to kick first. Sometimes it’s hard to teach decision making but TBS are taking the reigns and steering us towards being even more miserable. Thanks, TBS!

• @Jetstream:

Hey everyone, TBS has implemented a new feature: choice. Now you have to choose which high ping to kick first. Sometimes it’s hard to teach decision making but TBS are taking the reigns and steering us towards being even more miserable. Thanks, TBS!

And how does this affect kicking high ping players exactly???

• @lemonater47:

And how does this affect kicking high ping players exactly???

Cast vote to kick and majority have already voted yes or no based on whether or not their eyes work.

• @Jetstream:

Cast vote to kick and majority have already voted yes or no based on whether or not their eyes work.

Yes? That’s generally how votes work.

But why does it now require you to just pick one high ping player to kick first? Still ain’t hard to kick 8 of them one after the other.