Buff Longsword, or Nerf Messer?

• @swagfox:

no we need more 1 attack weapons to make weapons fun and easy to use for all players. gibing each weapon 1 retarded attack and 2 comparatively useless ones is best way 2 balance game. messer you lmb everywhere, sow you stab everywhere and ls, you now overhead everywhere. see? its balanced and fun to use all wepins in gaem now

you convince me good, uga booga

• I’d like to see a little extra range on it.

• @Monsteri:

If i were you i’d stop with the nerffest. The game is already boring as fuck due to all the uncalled nerfs.

Just buff shit weapons.

Yeah lets make every weapon 1hit every class instead.

• @Xylvion:

Yeah lets make every weapon 1hit every class instead.

it would reduce the merchant gameplay for sure

• Just make lightsaber mod official. You can parry projectiles and there’s a ‘longsword’, a ‘broadsword’, and a ‘quarter staff’

Donezo.

• @Oy:

Can we make long sword a bit longer? Is that a possibility? I’ll do it. Let me tinker around at your studio for half an hour and I can maybe probably get a beta patch up that just makes Longsword longer and doesn’t break anything.

This.
    I find myself very rarely in a situation when the slight reach advantage of the LS over the other swords, how it is right now, really does a thing. Actually the only scenario I can come up with is alternate slash: When my opponent misjudges my reach and I tickle his knee with the tip of my sword.
    On the other hand I often encounter the situation that I miss my enemy by ca. 1mm in front of his face with a stab/OH, but with half a step not even necessarily directly into my direction, the Messer/SoW user can hit me with the same attack.
    Messer has the damage, SoW the speed. And both in pretty significant ways. Why doesn`t the LONGsword, which has LONG in its name, the significant reach advantage?
    Also in teamfights and 1 vs n fights LS would be way more useful with a slight reach buff. Keep the “inconsistency” with the HTK, but extend LS! Would make it more viable/useful in any situation without overpowering it. Like this you would still need very good control over the weapon to use it properly.

• Yeeeaahh! Let’s make it into a shitty greatsword!!!

• @omg87:

Yeeeaahh! Let’s make it into a shitty greatsword!!!

Greatsword can’t be one-handed. You lose, puny man.

• @Sir:

Just make lightsaber mod official. You can parry projectiles and there’s a ‘longsword’, a ‘broadsword’, and a ‘quarter staff’

Donezo.

rip vanguard. let them have a longer ls and the game would be balanced albeit really boring. at least right now theres a chance someone will break out a maul or halberd or something you have to fight differently against.

• @Oy:

Greatsword can’t be one-handed. You lose, puny man.

Yes, longsword in 1hand is an excellent weapon.

• @Sir:

Just make lightsaber mod official. You can parry projectiles and there’s a ‘longsword’, a ‘broadsword’, and a ‘quarter staff’

Donezo.

those force grenades though.

• @omg87:

Yeeeaahh! Let’s make it into a shitty greatsword!!!

Shitty, but weld by a tank class! Me think its gud b0lonce to have a longer longsword idk

• Buff messer so it has 2 HTK on every class.

• @Ramses_IV:

Buff messer so it has 2 HTK on every class.

Obvious troll is obvious.

• Buffs, not nerfs!

Longsword +1 damage on overhead.

Messer unchanged.

• +1 damage on Longsword OH would do no difference, not sure why all you jesters suggest it.

• If I remember rightly longsword needs +2 on overhead to make the difference to its htk.

• @gndo:

If I remember rightly longsword needs +2 on overhead to make the difference to its htk.

Bingo, we have a winner.

• @gndo:

If I remember rightly longsword needs +2 on overhead to make the difference to its htk.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AkCaqK9JaJDIdEo3NDJKWkk5SVhRY2tEYjBLSk1xbWc&usp=drive_web#gid=102
    +1 makes the difference.

• buff ls overhead damage by 1
    change a portion of sow stab release to windup, weapon keeps same overall animation but takes longer to enter release
    slow down sow overhead

unnerf poleaxe tracers