Nerf archers' ranged combat damage against melee classes

• at a certain skill level people start headshotting you while you’re reloading

this is where the ezbow shines

• Walking while reloading bug is easy to reproduce though.

• @Xylvion:

Walking while reloading bug is easy to reproduce though.

ive been getting it a lot lately but im not enough of a scumbag to abuse it like a lot of archers did when you could force it every time by sprinting

• @J-P:

That’s called a sideshot. Turn your graphics all the way up and if you see his eyes turn to the side you know what he’s up to.

Extremely inconsistent especially with pings.

The amount of BS defending you’re trying to do with archers is pretty hilarious.

• @SOC:

Extremely inconsistent especially with pings.

The amount of BS defending you’re trying to do with archers is pretty hilarious.

ping has nothing to do with it

its shoddy code, the archer player model doesnt turn when it should lol

• Even bots do it. Walking while reloading has been happening more than usual for me too, never been able to reproduce it consistently though.

• it is pretty funny to move while reloading on pubs tho, rank 10 vanguards chasing the reload for days.

• well i still miss being able to sprint while firing all the bows

the kiting was real

• Ping makes it more inconsistent though, much like how tracers change with ping and FPS. Sometimes I play with my Korean GF on her servers and I’ll get shot by archers with their back turned to me since I have like 300 ping there.

• @SOC:

Ping makes it more inconsistent though, much like how tracers change with ping and FPS. Sometimes I play with my Korean GF on her servers and I’ll get shot by archers with their back turned to me since I have like 300 ping there.

Ping makes everything more inconsistent.

• Here we go Raegarth. You entered the whinners’ arena.

Just came to notice a new glitch (I suppose you already all know it) when I fell on this topic. I don’t know if I’m well known by most of you, but when I read the 17 pages I felt concerned. For those who don’t know me, I have 1400 hours on Chiv, most of them as an archer, with the first xbow. I don’t think I’m in the “5 archers” circle that J-P spoke about earlier. But with all my french modesty, I should definitely be in (Well, if not, I’m not a “tier-player” at all, and don’t need any .ini modification such as FOV bind, neither a game speed change)

I said I had 1400 hours, but when I reached 900-1000 hours I decided to play Knight (Messer) and at 1100 hours I decided to play Vanguard (with OP brandi).

My only conclucion is : "Know your Enemy"

Because as a Knight, Even when there’s good archers, I usually not die more than once cause of an archer. And why ? Because I know how archers think. I also sure my back, on which I had guess what… a shield.

As a Vanguard, when I see too much archers, I take smoke pots, or simply switch into Knight (But I understand that’s not a solution)

As an Archer, well, I say it again : know your enemy. Because when I started to play Knight, that became easier to understand his mechanics, and I felt even more confident against them as an archer.

So trust me, play archer, and you’ll know how to react to them after, as a vanguard, a knight, or an archer.

Wanted to say too, that this is not a shame to die from a good archer. You’re a good Knight, well, there’s good archers. You kill them, they kill you. Sometimes I kill the top player 5 times, and at the end of the game he’s died… 6-7 times. But if he had reach me 100 times (and that happens), he would have killed me 100 times. Sometimes most of my deaths are due to the same player.

Btw, another thing. This is a f*ckin teamplay game. When I get shot by archers, I ask mines to focus on them. In fact, it’s only unbalanced when there’s too much good archers in one team, and too bad archers on the other. In this case you get more arrows, yeah.

• I’ve played archer for around 1200 hours, I can avoid arrows and bolts if I have time to focus on the archer, which I usually don’t because of other enemies.

• @Xylvion:

I’ve played archer for around 1200 hours, I can avoid arrows and bolts if I have time to focus on the archer, which I usually don’t because of other enemies.

Yep, I know you. I always put archers in the equation when I start a fight. That is just more difficult, but you can deal with it.

You can bring the fight on another place where archers cannot help properly. You can use the enemy to hide you from the archer, …

• @Raegarth:

don’t need any .ini modification such as FOV bind, neither a game speed change)

If you’re implying on me .ini hacking, it’s a rumor started by frenchies. King was one of them and he’s the only archer that’s ever been caught removing leaves and most likely the guy most dependant on FOV binds. That’s why he “didn’t feel like playing archer” anymore after he was caught. He even accused Woodenshoes of wallhacking while removing leaves himself.

http://i.imgur.com/6ho1H4Q.png

And yes you can make it a lot harder or riskier for the archer to shoot you but in pubs, with 4 or more archers, it doesn’t help as much as in scrims 'cause you can’t always take them all into account.

• @J-P:

If you’re implying on me .ini hacking, it’s a rumor started by frenchies. King was one of them and he’s the only archer that’s ever been caught removing leaves and most likely the guy most dependant on FOV binds. That’s why he “didn’t feel like playing archer” anymore after he was caught. He even accused Woodenshoes of wallhacking while removing leaves himself.

http://i.imgur.com/6ho1H4Q.png

And yes you can make it a lot harder or riskier for the archer to shoot you but in pubs, with 4 or more archers, it doesn’t help as much as in scrims 'cause you can’t always take them all into account.

Indeed, heard from some french players that you were speedhacking or something like that. That’s cool to hear your point of view, and I like your analysis about King because yes, I’ven’t seen him as an archer since a long time. Btw we’ll know he was the king of binding, but that’s not surprising, as lot of people bind anything that can be binded.

Can’t know who’s right and who’s wrong, so please accept my apologizes for that (bad quality :cool-new:) troll.

• I play archer. I stomp every other class with 0 counter play and there’s nothing they can do about it. Just like when I’m dealing with archers when I’m not archer.

You’re delusional if you think they’re balanced at all and any other class has any kind of options against them that isn’t just “hoping the archer is bad.”

• @SOC:

I play archer. I stomp every other class with 0 counter play and there’s nothing they can do about it. Just like when I’m dealing with archers when I’m not archer.

You’re delusional if you think they’re balanced at all and any other class has any kind of options against them that isn’t just “hoping the archer is bad.”

You are correct off course. These weak crass gamers that often come out of the woodwork to defend this class and its
    opness, often brag of 100’s of hours as Archers don’t even warrant an opinion about this game of any credibility to be
    taken into account. They are despised in game and out of game by all. Even the sight of Archer video’s often get auto
    thumbs down by gamers who don’t even play chivalry. Blatant over powered class in every sense with every weapon.
    skill not a part of this class in any way. These gamers who depend on these advantages and defend them will always
    be sub standard plebs not liked in any gaming community or society.

• @loin:

You are correct off course. These weak crass gamers that often come out of the woodwork to defend this class and its
    opness, often brag of 100’s of hours as Archers don’t even warrant an opinion about this game of any credibility to be
    taken into account. They are despised in game and out of game by all. Even the sight of Archer video’s often get auto
    thumbs down by gamers who don’t even play chivalry. Blatant over powered class in every sense with every weapon.
    skill not a part of this class in any way. These gamers who depend on these advantages and defend them will always
    be sub standard plebs not liked in any gaming community or society.

Come to Australia loin, I’ll shout you a beer and we can tell everyone in the pub about crass archers and fisticuff those who disagree.

• As long as Archers can shoot the other classes and said classes “cannot do anything about it” this argument will go on for as long as the game still has players, TBS will not be doing any balance changes from now on and I can say that with a fuckton of certainty.

Have a problem with that? go play mercs.