Chivaly loading in Low Priority…...

• Not sure if everyone is having this problem but I noticed that Chiv aka CMW.exe is loading and running in LOW priority. Normally I run the Prio Set Priority program that maintains programs CPU priority once it is set. But for some reason, possibly the last round of patches have loaded CMW.exe in LOW priority. This maybe why so many are have issues and crashing. It could also be that Steam which may launch in LOW priority is launching the game in the same priority.

For those of you will issues try setting the game to ABOVE Normal or even HIGH priority in the Task Manager. If you want some instructions on this or a link to Piro Set Priority, you can go to the|ĶiĻă| Clan Forums: http://kilas.enjin.com/home/m/383971/viewthread/8150123-set-priorty-to-high-for-chivalry

Anyone else notice that their game is loading in LOW priority?

• Just checked it and yep it’s running set to low. Prio wasn’t installed as I recently wiped C and it with it.

• my Steam and CMW.exe are both on normal priority.

• hardly necessary unless you are running a high CPU process it is competing with an you dont have enough CPU to manage both (in which case maybe turn the other program off…)

• @gregcau:

hardly necessary unless you are running a high CPU process it is competing with an you dont have enough CPU to manage both (in which case maybe turn the other program off…)

OK clueless…… UGh Core i7 and a gtx 980… and I run hardly nothing as far as processes or even services.

The point is that it is loading in low by default Chiv should be running at least at NORMAL

The other issue is after the patch and hot fux, a dramatic increase in micro stuttering as well as at least once or twice a map massive stuttering for a few seconds.

• @Retsnom:

OK clueless…… UGh Core i7 and a gtx 980… and I run hardly nothing as far as processes or even services

Nah, not good enough.

• Mine is normal, but I still have intermittent lag and mildly stuttering windup problems. But from my POV the windup animations improved after the hotfix… could been low priority before that, somehow.

• Developer

Looked, don’t see UE3 calling SetPriorityClass

@Retsnom:

It could also be that Steam which may launch in LOW priority is launching the game in the same priority.

So is your Steam client launching in Low? Did you do something to make it so? In the office, our computers’ Steam clients are launching Normal.

• Well I think I figured it out. I was trying to have my boot HD to a SSD drive and in doing so installed another version of win7 because I have been trying to solve issues with this game and my GTX980 stuttering problems. I thought a fresh install of 7 would help but instead it did a dual boot. Anyway long story short. Originally I had Prio Set Priority application installed and has set Steam to LOW and CHIV to High. Somehow with the reinstall of win7 it screwed up with the program. So I had to uninstall, then set both to normal. Reinstalled Prio Set Priority application and all appears to be good. I will test again later as I have also had issues with IBM’s Rapid Restart losing windows config settings.