Vertical stab drags

• Please correct me if I’m wrong but I believe the term Z-stab refers to side-to-side stab drags. With two handed swords I often use a vertical stab drag where I aim the release at my opponent, bring it directly upward over their head when they block and bring it back down when their block drops. Is there an existing nickname for this kind of stab?

• @Ready:

Please correct me if I’m wrong but I believe the term Z-stab refers to side-to-side stab drags. With two handed swords I often use a vertical stab drag where I aim the release at my opponent, bring it directly upward over their head when they block and bring it back down when their block drops. Is there an existing nickname for this kind of stab?

A Z-drag has it’s own name because it’s more then just delaying that tracer from hitting the opponent; it has a juke in it that makes the hit go around the parry. Since the stab you perform is a typical drag delay that just waits for the parry window to end I don’t believe it has a name for it.

• delayed stab, you guys come up with such ridicolous names. Rainbows and waterfalls? the hell this isn’t MLP people.

• @Xylvion:

delayed stab, you guys come up with such ridicolous names. Rainbows and waterfalls? the hell this isn’t MLP people.

Amen. .

• I think they call that one the looky uppy down pokey trick switch stab.

• due to the broken animation a z-stab will make it look like you’re dragging from one side while you’re actually hitting from the other. it doesn’t update nearly often enough to display that, you get around three frames of the stab from the left side and then you’re suddenly hit.

defending yourself against it is just trial and error like 80% of gameplay in chivalry.

• @Knifelegs:

I think they call that one the looky uppy down pokey trick switch stab.

That’s actually kinda difficult to pronounce out loud.

• @Ready:

That’s actually kinda difficult to pronounce out loud, without looking mentally unstable.

Amended that for you.

• Is that JimmyTryhard’s The Harry Potter Lightning Drag?

• I like to call them ‘screw your parry’ stabs

@Kreittis:

The Harry Potter Lightning Drag?

what the fuck is happening

• @Monsteri:

due to the broken animation a z-stab will make it look like you’re dragging from one side while you’re actually hitting from the other. it doesn’t update nearly often enough to display that, you get around three frames of the stab from the left side and then you’re suddenly hit.

defending yourself against it is just trial and error like 80% of gameplay in chivalry.

Comes down to knowing what it is they are doing on their end, and not what you can actually see. Great fuckin game.

• @VY:

what the fuck is happening

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSf9aEETnvE

@Le:

Comes down to knowing what it is they are doing on their end, and not what you can actually see. Great fuckin game.

Now that’s what I call balanced and fun. Every “weird” move looks totally fine on the user’s end, like backswings, but on the receiver’s end they look so fucked up it’s not even funny.

• @Kreittis:

Is that JimmyTryhard’s The Harry Potter Lightning Drag?

Oh my gooodddd, that is so fuckin stupid… Fuckin people, man…

• Mix that with fast weapons, 100 ping and unstable servers and the game becomes a bigger cunt then it already is. Then the player is all like “l0l cant u even parrie, ure shit”

• Rank 50 and still stabs. Smh.

• @parkrangerstan:

Rank 50 and still stabs. Smh.

I don’t get it.

Seems no matter what the fuck you do, or how you play this game, SOMEONE will always criticize you or talk shit or tell you to “Git gud” or “Lrn 2 play”……

• There’s this rank 64 pubstar in EU that whines about stabs 24/7. Apparantly they’re unfair and impossible to see.

• @Xylvion:

There’s this rank 64 pubstar in EU that whines about stabs 24/7. Apparantly they’re unfair and impossible to see.

Only if you are 3rd person scrub.

• @Xylvion:

There’s this rank 64 pubstar in EU that whines about stabs 24/7. Apparantly they’re unfair and impossible to see.

Ethernal Prostitute. Worst pubber world. Highest legit ranked EU. Sadly.

• @Fafnir:

Ethernal Prostitute. Worst pubber world. Highest legit ranked EU. Sadly.

S0ldier is 64 too, and not botted I believe. If I didn’t know Prostitute’s rank I’d guess 42 or something.