Official Server #20 [32p] - US West (Multiplay); mod that kicks/bans without reason

• PDK is a new mod to the TO #20 scene. While he had a good reason to kick hackers like Sai Fox and Terminally Chillfox, it is unfair that he is allowed to indiscriminately kick and ban any player that he suspects to be either one of these people.

For example, I typically play on a high rank account; however, I do not always desire to attract a lot of attention. So I have an alternate, low rank account to play on. Merely because I perform well on this low rank alternate account, PDK kicks and bans me when I play on it, with a message that says “sai fox alternate account”.

If this is how mods operate - without any evidence for suspected cheaters - it is entirely unfair. No where on the Torn Banner forums does it say that you are not allowed to play by an alternate account so to avoid the toxic attention of the Chivalry community. And for that matter, no where on these forums does it say that mods can kick or ban people simply because they desire to do so without any actual reason or evidence for that person exploiting, cheating, griefing or hacking.

How is it acceptable this “mod” can kick and ban people at their whim?

• Just to clarify, if a MOD asks you to stop your misconduct and you continue, you are going to be banned. This goes for any attempts at making an alternate account. The appropriate action is to appeal the ban on the forums if you wish your ban to be lifted.

• Official servers go by the forum rules apparently. Rule 1A says don’t make an alternate account. Which you did. Which is sort of an exploit as it does make the game quite a lot easier for you and it allows you to go on low rank servers.

So really you broke a justified rule and got punished for it. No bad moderation or anything.

The rules in case you didn’t notice on the forums are in the big obvious highlighted orange box all on its own above the threads in each section. Lots of pretty orange and yellow colours. Maybe TB should make it flash different colours and have lots of multicoloured arrows pointing at it that flash on and off. Just to make sure nobody misses it.

• Lemon you have no clue, as usual you made up your own reality, there is nothing to say you cant create an alternate account in CMW and play on that if you want so keep your tweets to yourself.

• Yeah, being banned for playing on an alternate account is ridiculous, even though I think alt accounts are kind of dumb.

• My point was that I am sure TBS is more than happy to allow people to purchase the game more than once, and let them enjoy being low rank again, unlock weapons again etc. Lemon is so very literal and takes a forum rule and applies it blindly to the game without using any common sense.

Now in this guys case obviously he was being a bad boy and no doubt got banned for a good reason, but that is neither here nor there. If someones main account is banned it could be a grey area whether they want them on alternate accounts, personally I dont want a speed hacker or a hater constantly coming back but difficult to prove that a new steam account is related to the original.

• Lol Greg. Did you read Dag’s post at all? He says you can’t use alternate accounts either.

You campaign against me ruins the forums and doesn’t make you look very intelligent. Why do you continue? Hijacking every second thread I post in.

• I hardly any more, only when you obnoxiously post into things that have absolutely nothing to do with you - annoying everyone on the forum. So I speak up for the silent majority who would rather have you not spam the forum with your 10,000 posts, many of which you do to get a rise out of people. I hope you dont do that on your youtube “networks”.

• Whatever floats your boat.

• Besides Dag is not the most reliable source of information - given his track record of messing with the vote settings on the servers based upon one session of playing, so now it is a complete mess.

You take so literally everything, I very much doubt Dag is speaking for Steve to say that absolutely nobody can purchase the game more than once. Nobody at all. Unless they are trying to get around a ban which would make sense.

As usual lemon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kV7n3bNBiL0

• @gregcau:

Besides Dag is not the most reliable source of information - given his track record of messing with the vote settings on the servers based upon one session of playing, so now it is a complete mess.

You take so literally everything, I very much doubt Dag is speaking for Steve to say that absolutely nobody can purchase the game more than once. Nobody at all. Unless they are trying to get around a ban which would make sense.

As usual lemon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kV7n3bNBiL0

Rules are generally supposed to be taken literally. I doubt they have sarcastic rules.
    Are you trying to justify the use of your own alt account? Which you can do with with family sharing.

It’s quite simple really. A dev said you can’t have alt accounts, the rules say so. All we need now is a moderator to confirm.

And I wonder what your posts count as? Abuse?

• Show me explicitly the rules page that says you are not allowed to play Chivalry: Medieval Warfare using an alternate account so you can play quietly. That is what I am asking for.

I don’t need to justify something when it has never been explicitly cited to be against any rules.

I agree with you DaGGyzo. I wasn’t doing anything in misconduct. PDK claimed I was Sai Fox and then banned my account from the server. I have no problem not playing on an alternate account - even though this can be one of the few ways for me to game in peace with the rest of the community at times - but if there’s nothing on the forum rules that say you aren’t allowed to play on a separate account purely to play the game in accordance with the rest of the rules, then I don’t see why someone wouldn’t be allowed to do so.

I wasn’t being “a bad boy”. I was playing on an alternate account. No where on the forum rules does it say you are not allowed to do so:

http://forums.tornbanner.com/showthread.php/14346-Official-Server-Rules

Show me where rule 1A is please? Here’s a quick link for your convenience to the Official Server Rules:

http://forums.tornbanner.com/showthread.php/14346-Official-Server-Rules

DaGGyzo said specifically if you were to behave in misconduct, you will get banned; similarly, if you do this AND make an alternate account to continue behaving in misconduct, then yes, you will be banned.

Nowhere on the forum rules does it say you behave in misconduct for creating an alternate account.

Furthermore, my point was that a mod banned an alternate account due to a fleeting suspicion. No evidence of misconducting. Just on the whim of their own powers did they decide to ban someone because they believed it was a known hacker. There was no evidence provided other than their own paranoia.

• Well no suspicion isn’t really a basis for punishment.

And I wondered where that set of rules got to. Used to be in general discussion. Though I don’t think kimiko works at TB anymore.

Who is this PDK guy anyway? I know all the other moderators but this guy. He’s in the group as a moderator.

I also have repeatably told the damn moderators to enable the getplayerinfo command again. They had it enabled and it was great for actually linking players to the crime. Then they disabled it for reasons of teapots. Made no sense. They just have to “trust” their moderators and “trust” players who make reports. The only other way of getting this sort of eveidence is to get a screen recorder that can record the desktop, run the game in borderless windowed mode and do it through the steam overlay. As the overlay doesn’t shownup when recording in directX mode.

• Ectyl, link to your non-smurf steam profile, plz.

• @lemonater47:

Well no suspicion isn’t really a basis for punishment.

And I wondered where that set of rules got to. Used to be in general discussion. Though I don’t think kimiko works at TB anymore.

Who is this PDK guy anyway? I know all the other moderators but this guy. He’s in the group as a moderator.

I also have repeatably told the damn moderators to enable the getplayerinfo command again. They had it enabled and it was great for actually linking players to the crime. Then they disabled it for reasons of teapots. Made no sense. They just have to “trust” their moderators and “trust” players who make reports. The only other way of getting this sort of eveidence is to get a screen recorder that can record the desktop, run the game in borderless windowed mode and do it through the steam overlay. As the overlay doesn’t shownup when recording in directX mode.

Changing server settings isn’t something we’re able to do. Pretty sure one of us has mentioned that before. We’re not superheros.

• @DaGGyzo:

Just to clarify, if a MOD asks you to stop your misconduct and you continue, you are going to be banned. This goes for any attempts at making an alternate account. The appropriate action is to appeal the ban on the forums if you wish your ban to be lifted.

DaGGyzo, I don’t mean to sound rude, but did you read my post carefully? I specifically said that PDK had banned my alternate account without any evidence of it being Sai Fox, a known hacker. No where on the official server rules does it say you are not allowed to play on an alternate account and game peacefully with the rest of the community. PDK did not ask me to stop any “misconduct”, which wouldn’t make sense because I wasn’t misbehaving in accordance to the official server rules. I find it a waste of both of our times for an authority figure like yourself to comment on my situation when your comment is not related at all to my post. I pointed out very specifically that a mod had abused his powers. And instead of any insight about THAT, my post was merely met with the typical “listen to the mod in game or you will be banned for misconduct” comment I see a lot; most of the time that comment is warranted because I see mainly people complaining about being banned for good reasons (racism, hacking, griefing/trolling) but in my case I was simply playing the game and got banned by a mod that was essentially abusing his powers.

• @etcyl:

PDK did not ask me to stop any “misconduct”, which wouldn’t make sense because I wasn’t misbehaving in accordance to the official server rules.

From my experience witnessing bans on official servers, mods don’t usually warn or ask to stop before banning so I’m not surprised at all.

• @etcyl:

DaGGyzo, I don’t mean to sound rude, but did you read my post carefully? I specifically said that PDK had banned my alternate account without any evidence of it being Sai Fox, a known hacker. No where on the official server rules does it say you are not allowed to play on an alternate account and game peacefully with the rest of the community. PDK did not ask me to stop any “misconduct”, which wouldn’t make sense because I wasn’t misbehaving in accordance to the official server rules. I find it a waste of both of our times for an authority figure like yourself to comment on my situation when your comment is not related at all to my post. I pointed out very specifically that a mod had abused his powers. And instead of any insight about THAT, my post was merely met with the typical “listen to the mod in game or you will be banned for misconduct” comment I see a lot; most of the time that comment is warranted because I see mainly people complaining about being banned for good reasons (racism, hacking, griefing/trolling) but in my case I was simply playing the game and got banned by a mod that was essentially abusing his powers.

Oh be quiet Sai Fox,

You are both science works and Sai Fox and all the multiple accounts you’ve made. You deserved the ban. Stay mad and glory to PDK!

• Everyone,

Etcyl is Sai Fox himself. It’s a shame these kinds of people just don’t accept a well deserved ban from the best devs and mods ever alive. Sit down and play on another server Etcyl.

• @Karasu:

Changing server settings isn’t something we’re able to do. Pretty sure one of us has mentioned that before. We’re not superheros.

I know that. But there are people who can change server settings on this forum.

@Kreittis:

From my experience witnessing bans on official servers, mods don’t usually warn or ask to stop before banning so I’m not surprised at all.

They don’t have to. You wouldn’t believe how many times warning someone actually makes things worse.