The Way Kendo Should Be

• The winning team of the kendo should pick the map and the side. This is the most logical reward, and it gives greater meaning to the kendo than just winner picks map, loser picks side (which is stupid). For some reason, here in the states clans haven’t been doing this. Any EU players’ thoughts?

• Winner picks both map and starting side has always been the result for every kendo I’ve played in so far. Sounds rather stupid to let the losing team decide which side.

Then again, it doesn’t really matter too much since both teams have to play each side once anyway.

• @Rickvs:

Winner picks both map and starting side has always been the result for every kendo I’ve played in so far. Sounds rather stupid to let the losing team decide which side.

Then again, it doesn’t really matter too much since both teams have to play each side once anyway.

Completely agree, that’s my logic as well. I see no reason you would let the losing team pick either the side or the map.

• That’s exactly why I don’t mind losing kendo.

• Kendo doesn’t matter. EVER. Since its not used in tourneys, and in tourneys the map is pre chosen, and the duel only lets you pick the side. Kendo is just something stupid for practice scrims.

• @ChuckingIt:

Kendo doesn’t matter. EVER. Since its not used in tourneys, and in tourneys the map is pre chosen, and the duel only lets you pick the side. Kendo is just something stupid for practice scrims.

Thank you.

• This post is deleted!

• Did we join the server to duel or scrim?

• This post is deleted!

• The whole point of the Kendo or opening duel is like a tip-off in basketball or a coin toss in football. It isn’t meant to convey any advantage to one team or the other. Technically the winner can pick map or side, so they can select whichever they think is more advantageous. But this is a team game. That is skillset that should be rewarded, not duels imho.

Again, like Chuck said, it isn’t like it really matters for tournys anway.

• This post is deleted!

• Either way you play both sides. The only perks to choosing your side is…
    …if you dominate one side more and want to intimidate your opponents by crushing them in the beginning.
    …If you defend first you don’t have to worry about only getting to the first objective and playing out a futile match in the second half.

• @J-P:

but the team with the better duelist always gets to pick the side more advantageous to them. I say in the future tourneys we do a coin toss recorded with a webcam. this way individual skill has less of an impact. people used to complain about some beast archer carrying a bad team, you could make an argument that a beast duelist can give an advantage that has nothing to do with rest of the team.

Teams should switch archers between rounds like we switch between attacking and defending. This way individual skill has less of an impact.

• @ChuckingIt:

Kendo doesn’t matter. EVER. Since its not used in tourneys, and in tourneys the map is pre chosen, and the duel only lets you pick the side. Kendo is just something stupid for practice scrims.

Well of course, that’s obvious. But if you’re going to bother to do a kendo, at least attach some logical meaning to it, otherwise don’t bother to do it at all. Right? And I wouldn’t mind that second option. Kendo is really a waste of time. Most people prefer to pick side over map, yet winner (according to some) only gets to pick map.

Many people prefer to go defending first because then they know exactly how far they have to make it to beat the other team. Would you rather be the one setting a record? Or the one who knows the mark they must achieve to break that record? This is common in sports. Picking map doesn’t really matter since there are only three good/balanced maps.

EU players got it right, winner takes all.

• This post is deleted!

• @parkrangerstan:

Well of course, that’s obvious. But if you’re going to bother to do a kendo, at least attach some logical meaning to it, otherwise don’t bother to do it at all. Right? And I wouldn’t mind that second option. Kendo is really a waste of time. Most people prefer to pick side over map, yet winner (according to some) only gets to pick map.

Many people prefer to go defending first because then they know exactly how far they have to make it to beat the other team. Would you rather be the one setting a record? Or the one who knows the mark they must achieve to break that record? This is common in sports. Picking map doesn’t really matter since there are only three good/balanced maps.

EU players got it right, winner takes all.

For as long as duels have been going on, the winner has the choice to choose map or side. You can say “We choose side you choose map”. That is a valid method of choice in duels. And again, this is only used in scrims where it doesn’t even matter one bit.

• @ChuckingIt:

For as long as duels have been going on, the winner has the choice to choose map or side. You can say “We choose side you choose map”. That is a valid method of choice in duels. And again, this is only used in scrims where it doesn’t even matter one bit.

This. Originally people just did a single 1v1 duel because it was faster, but teams opted to start doing kendos because they found them fun. In tournies, we still do 1v1 duels because they are faster and add some drama. Does choosing what side to do first matter? A tiny bit, but one team has to do it, so life goes on.

• no jakub the team that picks side gets a massive advantage and practically wins the match based off that

• EU still has it right.

• Why even bother? 90% of the time it’ll be darkforest anyways.