The Big Stutter Thread

• @Rickvs:

walloftext.

My friends keep laughing at me as I try to start the game for the tenth time in a row and it still doesn’t work. Best thing is that I’m not getting any crash reports.
    Going to reinstall for the third time this week, not superfun with 8MB download speed, I hope it might work decent this time. If I get rid of the constant crashes I’m happy.

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pv0x0Sgb7QM&feature=youtu.be

This is what’s been happening to me a lot since the last mini patch

• @Kim:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pv0x0Sgb7QM&feature=youtu.be

Oh wow. Nothing micro about that. I thought it was just choppiness kinds of stutters. That’s pretty disruptive.

• my aiming feels super choppy its really hard to shoot nerds from across the map when none of my mouse movements match ffs

• I have been experiencing extreme frame rate drops out of no where in Chiv. I’m not sure what’s causing it, I was going to attribute it to my HDD being slightly older than 4 years now and maybe shitting the bed. However these micro / macrostutters that occur in Chiv are not happening in Battlefield 4, Hardline, Insurgency, Dota 2, Metro Last Light, Civ V, Evolve or any other game I own both demanding and non-demanding. I wish we had a stat graph to better observe what was being impacted on the system (CPU / GPU performance graphs).

For reference my system specs are the following:
    mobo: z87-hd3
    cpu: i7-4770k 3.6 ghz
    memory: 8 gb ram
    gpu: GTX 780 4gb
    I run chiv on a regular HDD that’s slightly old. I’ll be replacing it soon to see if that changes anything.

• Evolve is a nice game :)
    I’ll never defend the game’s ridiculous DLC structure, nor have I found either the official servers or official 2K support very reliable so far, but the class diversity and gameplay is just spot on.

Let me know if that HDD replacement solves anything. Mine’s aging as well.

• So… just did my final attempt at playing Chivalry in this patch.
    Animations still broken as fuck, apparently everyone’s having different problems with this patch so I’ll guess it’s just unstable as fuck. It took me 6 attempts in total to join a server without one problem or the other.
    Let’s not even get started with the flood of minor bugs that got introduced in that 1 match.

This is it. 2 years of my life wasted. Game is broken beyond belief and Torn Banner just abandons it; I have yet to receive any help on this matter. Sent 2 PM’s to different devs; only got 1 half-ass response back worth nothing.

I’m done. I’ll try it again after a long-ish while, see if Chivalry has improved. But for now I’m absolutely done.
    Over the last 2 years I’ve done my absolute best in this game and spent many hours on it, and now finally thinking back with some honesty made me realize just how many more times I’ve left this game raging due to utter bullshit happening than closing the game down with a smile.
    Those years spent were in a different game for the most part, as well. Animations are so laggy right now, I literally can’t rely on any of the basic mechanics I’ve trained for so long. Over time, Chivalry has become a completely different game (all for the worse), with different system requirements it seems.
    Nah, that’s too easy.
    Over time, Chivalry has become the most unstable mess imaginable and has continually fucked its playerbase over and over.

Any other human being would know this but apparently Torn Banner members do not, so here it is;
    It’s not okay to completely break a product people have paid money for, and then abandon it. But thank god there are new fantasy helmets that fix everything.
    If Chivalry were to be professionally reviewed at this point of its lifespan it’d be declared one of the biggest Steam game scams, and rightfully so.

I hope you all get aids and die. At the very least, I hope you get flooded with negative responses and go bankrupt 5 minutes after the launch of whatever your next moneygrabbing project may be.

Hue Rickvs QQ RQ.
    Inb4 mods edit/remove this post.

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!

• @Kim:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pv0x0Sgb7QM&feature=youtu.be

THIS. THIS IS MY JAM. I hate it so much. My lady and I play together on the same connection and she doesn’t get any stutters, so I know it’s not the internet. I’ve got a 760GTX and 16 GB of the rams and I have no idea why this game is causing so many problems.

• @Gauntlet:

I have been experiencing extreme frame rate drops out of no where in Chiv. I’m not sure what’s causing it, I was going to attribute it to my HDD being slightly older than 4 years now and maybe shitting the bed. However these micro / macrostutters that occur in Chiv are not happening in Battlefield 4, Hardline, Insurgency, Dota 2, Metro Last Light, Civ V, Evolve or any other game I own both demanding and non-demanding. I wish we had a stat graph to better observe what was being impacted on the system (CPU / GPU performance graphs).

For reference my system specs are the following:
    mobo: z87-hd3
    cpu: i7-4770k 3.6 ghz
    memory: 8 gb ram
    gpu: GTX 780 4gb
    I run chiv on a regular HDD that’s slightly old. I’ll be replacing it soon to see if that changes anything.

Turn off Vignette by going to:

C:\Users\YOU\Documents\My Games\Chivalry Medieval Warfare\UDKGame\Config

Then into UDKSettings.ini and look for EnableVignette=TRUE and change it to EnableVignette=FALSE. Then go to UDKEngine.ini in the same folder and you’ll find these settings:

bSmoothFrameRate=???
    MinSmoothedFrameRate=XX
    MaxSmoothedFrameRate=XX

Change them to:

bSmoothFrameRate=TRUE
    MinSmoothedFrameRate=0
    MaxSmoothedFrameRate=120

Also turn ragdolls off in game.

• Figured I’d bump this because after all those posts I still failed to upload some material at least.

So I found some stock footage on my drive. It’s on the Black Knight mod, but I get the same crappy animations in vanilla.
    I’ve sorted the material to gradually show worse performance towards the end of the video.

http://youtu.be/rhfbPyyVkGk

1st guy - Not really much wrong with it.
    2nd guy - Animations get worse near the start and the end of his swings making drags harder to read.
    3rd guy - Swing “framerate” is simply all over the place, specifically if he accelerates or does a reverse.

Let me know if you recognize it or hell, you might even say this is normal and tell me to “git gud”, in which case I have to wonder what game you’ve all been playing.
    I hope I can at least still get something out of this thread.