Huge lack of custom map support from this Community.

• This needs to be updated as there are some really great new maps out recently like flying battle, Mustafar, Demon’s lair and more… COME PLAY, don’t B Scard…

Well the title says it all really. So many bitch about more content but refuse to include custom maps on their servers, in their rotation. Then they bitch about it to Torn Banner. Well I would like to start a campaign for those that are hosting servers to stop relying on TB to incorporate them into the vanilla game and official servers and host some damn custom maps.

I have been hosting custom maps pretty much since they were being developed and many of the are simply outstanding. If more hosts would put these maps into rotation, more players would get exposed but forced to play them on the popular servers. I have complied a list of maps that are a lot of fun to play and can be included into rotation with few bugs.

There are also about 30 new maps (including the various version - game types) that I have not tested. Since I only run one server I will start placing them into rotation, along with some of the best regular maps. I suggest putting in a custom map, every 3rd map. OR be more ambitious and add one every other map. Considering that there are well over 80 custom maps (including game types) there are plenty to choose from.

Lets support these community developers and quit relying on TB to do what we should be doing. There is a shit ton of great new content if we just exposed players too them. We need to encourage players that the download times for new content is totally worth it. And best of all, IT IS FREE!

So please join with me in supporting our community of map designers and mod makers. Add custom maps into rotation. Here is my current list of the best playable maps.

Current Maps - (CM-P means that TB has added them)

| TO Maps | LTS Maps |
    | AOCTO-wolfslair_p
    AOCTO-Bailey_p
    AOCTO-Shore_beta_p
    AOCTO-Whitenest_p
    AOCTO-Urskogen_P
    AOCTO-Hemkomst_P
    AOCTO-Irilla2_P
    AOCTO-CastleAssault_P CM_P
    AOCTO-Belmez_p CM_P
    AOCTO-Seaborn_p
    AOCTO-KingsGarden_p
    AOCTO-Cove_beta_p CM_P
    AOCTO-Ore_p
    AOCTO-Hideout_p
    AOCTO-cornharbor_p
    AOCTO-MalricManor

TO2-crypts | AOCLTS-Barrhead_p
    AOCLTS-Dungeon_P
    AOCLTS-NoMercy_p
    AOCLTS-Impasse_p
    AOCLTS-Chamber_p
    AOCLTS-Urskogen_P
    AOCLTS-ForgottenTomb
    AOCLTS-CastleAssault_P CM_P

AOCLTS-Belmez_p CM_P

AOCLTS-RedWedding
    AOCLTS-MalricManor
    AOCLTS-Cove_beta_p CM_P

AOCLTS-Empire_p
    AOCLTS-CaveHideout_p
    AOCLTS-Ore2_p
    AOCLTS-Ore3_p |
    | FFA Maps | TD Maps |
    | AOCFFA-TheMaze
    AOCFFA-VILLAGE
    AOCFFA-LavaGrotto_p
    AOCFFA-DEADLYPLATFORM
    AOCFFA-Chamber_p

AOCFFA-BattleOnTheDunes
    AOCFFA-Urskogen_P
    AOCFFA-LavaArena_p
    AOCFFA-ForgottenTomb
    AOCFFA-CastleAssault_P
    AOCFFA-Cove_beta_p CM_P

AOCFFA-Empire_p
    AOCFFA-CaveHideout_p
    AOCFFA-Ore1_p
    AOCFFA-Ore2_p
    AOCFFA-Ore3_p
    AOCFFA-octogon_p
    AOCFFA-RedWedding | AOCTD-holyhighground_p
    AOCTD-Impasse_p
    AOCTD-Chamber_p
    AOCTD-BattleOnTheDunes
    AOCTD-Urskogen_P
    AOCTD-ForgottenTomb
    AOCTD-CastleAssault_P
    AOCTD-Cove_beta_p CM_P

AOCTD-Empire_p
    AOCTD-CaveHideout_p
    AOCTD-Ore2_p
    AOCTD-Ore3_p
    AOCTD-RedWedding |
    | CTF MAPS | KOTH MAPS |
    | AOCCTF-WinterIsComing
    AOCCTF-Empire_p | AOCKOTH-Impasse_p
    AOCKOTH-BattleOnTheDunes
    AOCKOTH-ForgottenTomb |

New maps I haven’t tested.

|

| FFA | TO | LTS | TD |
    | AOCFFA-Yra_es
    AOCFFA-isola7_p
    AOCFFA-Crypts_p
    AOCFFA-Forest_p
    AOCFFA-Colosseum_p
    AOCFFA-SpookyMoorland_p AOCFFA-FallToYourDeathRocks_p
    AOCFFA-FallToYourDeathRocksT_p
    AOCFFA-Volcano_p | AOCTO-Antioch_p
    AOCTO-StormKeep_P
    AOCTO-StormKeep_P
    AOCTO-HelmDeep
    AOCTO-Corisca_p AOCTO-Insurrection_p
    AOCTO-Paramount-v4 AOCTO-2-LouieTest3 AOCTO-treasureisland_p | AOCLTS-Crypts_p
    AOCLTS-Corisca_p
    AOCLTS-Forest_p
    AOCLTS-Colosseum_p
    AOCLTS-Volcano_p AOCLTS-SurtrArena_4_p AOCLTS-Dungeon_P | AOCTD-Corisca_p
    AOCTD-Forest_P
    AOCTD-Colosseum_p
    AOCTD-ColosseumPendulum_p
    AOCTD-candyland
    AOCTD-Volcano_p.udk AOCTD-MoorlandRain_p |
    | CTF | KOTH |
    | AOCCTF-Colosseum_p
    AOCCTF-MoorlandRain_p | AOCKOTH-Colosseum_p
    AOCKOTH-Volcano_p | AOC-Colosseum_Game_PO
    AOC-ColosseumPendulumOnly
    AOC-ColosseumForest
    AOC-ColosseumOasis
    AOC-ColosseumWater |

|

• That’s what I keep saying lol. I run a custom map server that has a mix of custom maps and normal maps. No one plays on it. Then in game everyone complains. They run every other map.

• ya ppl are rly dumb in this game, incapable of waiting 10 seconds to download a new map

in any other game, like tf2 for example if the server was running a custom map people would actually download it and play it instead of avoiding custom map servers like the plague

• but muh darkforest

@zombojoe:

ya ppl are rly dumb in this game, incapable of waiting 10 seconds to download a new map

in any other game, like tf2 for example if the server was running a custom map people would actually download it and play it instead of avoiding custom map servers like the plague

Purple/Yellow colored servers are scary. #Remove colors

• Can you include the old Belmez and Cove before Torn Banner re-did them? Belmez bugged out less often and the old Cove was far more balanced (more time, slower cart speed and Agatha could push it back).

• @SOC:

Can you include the old Belmez and Cove before Torn Banner re-did them? Belmez bugged out less often and the old Cove was far more balanced (more time, slower cart speed and Agatha could push it back).

IF you subscribe to the original maps in the Workshop you can host and run the original or last updated version of the map. The CM_P at the end of the map is the TB version.

• I’ve tried to run custom maps but just doesn’t work - people won’t join, you have to use the maps included in the base game.

Sad but true.

Some of the newly added maps need work on balance. The perhaps they can work on adding more.

• Just got done testing aocffa-crypts_p added a few bots and holy smoke it is badass, all the rooms are open and connected and the bots are super tough. You will also spawn as different things like skeletons… FTW!

Still, if every server host threw in just a few custom maps into rotation that would be a huge help to get players to try new content.

• aocffa-forest_p is absolutely beautiful. Probably the most realistic looking map I have seen yet

• I think people are really afraid of new maps because of how some of the official maps seem to be… biased in one way or another. They’d rather just stick to what they know.

• OMG you guys have to play aocffa-Colosseum_p where the map changes every 5 mins of demented traps of torture!!!

• Ok so the cat the created aocffa-Falltoyourdeath_p map created another map similar to the original but much more torturous and graphically beautiful. It is an excruciating map to play as it doesn’t take much to get you to fall to your death.

aocffa-falltoyourdeathrocks_p

• @Retsnom:

OMG you guys have to play aocffa-Colosseum_p where the map changes every 5 mins of demented traps of torture!!!

CTF colosseum. Fear the cage. Fear it.

Admins can also manually change the traps on that map and even combine traps that aren’t supposed to go together. Which is beyond hilarious.

• Colosseum was pretty buggy the last time I played it. was spawning underwater when the boats layout was running and as knight i kept spawning without weapons. I could see the weapons/shield in 1stP but the 3rdP model was holding nothing.

• @LongSun:

Colosseum was pretty buggy the last time I played it. was spawning underwater when the boats layout was running and as knight i kept spawning without weapons. I could see the weapons/shield in 1stP but the 3rdP model was holding nothing.

Spawning underwater happens when there’s another trap involved I fount out. Unless the boats broke and now just spawn you there.

The bots spawn with whatever weapon they fancy. So you get archers with mauls and Knights with slings.

• Nobody is asking for new content. Everybody is asking for bug fixes, weapon balancing and no more new content until that’s fixed.

(Colosseum is a slick map though and I do warmly welcome it into the rotation of every single server)

• @lemonater47:

Spawning underwater happens when there’s another trap involved I fount out. Unless the boats broke and now just spawn you there.

The bots spawn with whatever weapon they fancy. So you get archers with mauls and Knights with slings.

sometimes I spawned on a boat, other times under the water with instant death.

and what bots?

• @LongSun:

sometimes I spawned on a boat, other times under the water with instant death.

and what bots?

Testing out changes to the map on servers. Couldn’t get anyone to join but admins can spawn bots. It behaves differently on servers than it does offline.

• @Vesanus:

Purple/Yellow colored servers are scary. #Remove colors

This so much. I’m pretty sure people tend to join custom map servers far less since the introduction of colors. It gives you this feeling the server will not be about serious playing and rather about trolling or testing so even I tend to avoid them now somtimes.

I agree though that more custom maps should be used in general. In EU there really aren’t many and the few servers that have custom maps have either only trolling maps or they have only 1 or 2 custom maps which gets boring way too fast.

We need full custom map servers with working TO objectives that are actually fun to play and aren’t about pure trolling. I had a server once with friends and we had easily 10 (probably more) totally playable custom maps in the rotation and the server was often enough filled. That was before the colors though but my point is if you want to host a server with custom maps then stick to it and chose more than just 1 or 2 and don’t go for the trolly ones. Test them before and chose those that work well and aren’t too big or anything. If you stick with this for a while I’m sure you can have “success” and make people join more often. I know I definitely would because what I described doesn’t exist at the moment.

• Before the servers were coloured people did join them. The main reason being they didn’t actually know it was running a custom map or mod. Tbey would click on it, see the download isn’t acrually that big and let the download continue.

Now you have to trick them by running a mixture of custom and normal maps. As they can’t cancel the download in the loading screen that is a good thing. Means they stay.